Question about "Your Hatchling"

92 Worgen Mage
Will this eventually become a companion or a mount, or is it only a source of daily quests?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
This will grow into your mount. So as soon as you hit exalted don't buy all three since the one you picked for your hatching will be given to you.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Mage
Oh mkay, any idea how long it takes? There's no progress meter.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
It's dependent on your rep with the Order of the Cloud Serpent. Once you hit Exalted, the hatchling will have grown up and you'll be given a quest that will teach you how to ride it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Alright cool. just got my hatchling and in progress to the mount then. those dailies are a pain though! and it takes too long to get exalted, not even revered yet...
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Once you hit revered, you can get the Order of the Cloud Serpent Commendation, which will double all rep gain for all of your characters with the Order. I just ran an alt up to Exalted with them from Neutral in 5 days with the Commendation.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Also, I am pretty sure that once you hit revered that your serpent has gained a lot of size and you get to do some of the serpent race quests/test. Boy did I ever stink at those. Luckily there is really no way to fail these. You will come in first place when you finally race. I was literally going backward around the course for a several seconds and I still won.

These give good rep.

In Chinese tradition the bright yellow color was only allowed to be worn by the emperor. So I had to get the yellow serpent.
Reply Quote
takes too long to get exalted

You won't want to do any other rep grinds then. Cloud Serpent is one of the shorter ones in the game, and you can watch for Onyx Egg to shorten the time once you're at Revered.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
07/26/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Jakjak
takes too long to get exalted

You won't want to do any other rep grinds then. Cloud Serpent is one of the shorter ones in the game, and you can watch for Onyx Egg to shorten the time once you're at Revered.

That is straight up truth. I have been doing Shado Pan dailies so long it feels like a career. I know it is not that much longer but ..... it feels it sometimes. However, I want that helm and that means I have to be exalted.

So I am going back in to kill some elite bugs again ... I'm stoked!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The Daily's are a pain. But doing a random heroic dungeon while setting it to give you reputation towards Order of the Cloud Serpent makes it easier. (:
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 11:59 PMPosted by Kajiura
The Daily's are a pain.
07/26/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Jakjak
You won't want to do any other rep grinds then.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I haven't played in a while.... I thought I remembered my little serpent giving me quests. He doesn't though. Am I misremembering or did I miss my chance to level him up a few years ago? Do I just do the dailies the Pandarian serpent masters provide?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
07/05/2014 11:35 AMPosted by Brockstar
I haven't played in a while.... I thought I remembered my little serpent giving me quests. He doesn't though. Am I misremembering or did I miss my chance to level him up a few years ago? Do I just do the dailies the Pandarian serpent masters provide?
Your serpent hatchling will give you a quest if that is the daily rotation. The daily quests come from the breeders, the trainers and the serpent, which ones you get change each day.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I was wondering what happens when your serpent is big and able to ride? Do you Get riding dailies or what?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You just get another flying mount for your collection. And buy the other colors. You can continue doing the Cloud Serpent dailies for gold if you want.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
how long did it actually take I mean ive been doing it for like 3 weeks now lol like you said a career lol + ive been doing the daily quests?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
okay so how long does it take in days for this mount?
with the daily cap? and is there any dungeon with this type of rep?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Another necro. >_<

Not many of us can remember how long it took for the first character to exalted. It was many weeks. But I was doing all kinds of other things around there so it was never "a pain". Just something else to do.

You can also turn in the red eggs from Timeless Isle for cloud serpent rep. Don't think there's dungeon rep for this - you have to do the daily quests and turn in eggs and you'll get new events as your rep rises. It's really not that bad. Just do it if you want the dragon mounts.
Reply Quote
I think my first one took a single afternoon. The onyx eggs are the key to making short work of it, they are lying around on the mountain tops of the island nearby and you can keep flying around looking for them. It should be even faster these days with less competition to loot them. If I remember right, being able to loot these eggs unlock the same time as you unlock the dailies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]