Valor to Upgrade Gear

90 Night Elf Druid
I know that the intention is for us to eventually use Valor Points to upgrade the ilvl of our gear, rather than having Valor Gear available for purchase. Does anyone know if the ability to upgrade via VP will require rep the way that spending VP does now?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
10/22/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Kraylune
I know that the intention is for us to eventually use Valor Points to upgrade the ilvl of our gear, rather than having Valor Gear available for purchase. Does anyone know if the ability to upgrade via VP will require rep the way that spending VP does now?

I think people will officially quit if that's the case.

This whole rep/VP thing might have looked good on paper, but it's wreaking havoc on my friends list.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

This whole rep/VP thing might have looked good on paper, but it's wreaking havoc on my friends list.

I don't know if I would quit, since I've already gotten my rep pretty far up there with most of the factions now. But it would definitely deter me from leveling up alts to 90 with the intention of raiding on them. I had three "raiding mains" when Cata launched. I actually raided on my Shaman, Pally, and Druid every week with different groups. With MOP, I couldn't even consider doing something like that because the rep requirements have really forced me to pick one "main".
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I don't know if I would quit, since I've already gotten my rep pretty far up there with most of the factions now. But it would definitely deter me from leveling up alts to 90 with the intention of raiding on them. I had three "raiding mains" when Cata launched. I actually raided on my Shaman, Pally, and Druid every week with different groups. With MOP, I couldn't even consider doing something like that because the rep requirements have really forced me to pick one "main".

You're going to recieve double rep on all alts with factions you have revered in Pandaria with 5.1. At that point, since I would assume you'd be done with gaining rep on your main, you could easily play an alt and take them through the dailies again in half the time when you're not working on your Main, it's what I intend to do anyways.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/22/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Kraylune

We currently don't know, but it would make a lot of sense for it not to simply to ensure there's a way for everyone to spend VP.

The system was supposed to be in at launch, but got pushed back. Had it been there I feel we'd have had a lot less complaining about the rep grind.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/22/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Alelsa
The system was supposed to be in at launch, but got pushed back. Had it been there I feel we'd have had a lot less complaining about the rep grind.

Obviously had the new VP system been in AND it didn't require rep, we'd see a lot less complaining about the rep grind because then it would feel more "optional". I know it is optional now too, but if you don't grind rep, you can't spend your VP and you feel like you are "wasting" your time in dungeons and doing dailies. If the new VP system doesn't require rep, then people will feel more free to level rep at their own pace for the things they usually pursue rep for, like mounts, patterns, and pets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree with Kraylune. Rep grinding should be completely optional.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]