Blackblades(Guild-Exoteric) Secret Society RP

Bump!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I am excited to get this thing rolling too. We are still in the development stage of some of the lore but are moving quickly. Yet, you can assist in this process if you wish by lending a hand.

If you want to pitch in or provide assistance in someway, I am only one person, and would love to have it. In regards to lending a hand here is what I am currently looking for:

• People to help with the development of lore for the various sects of the Blackblades.
  • The information on these sects can be found in the Tome of Truth -> Archives section of the Blackbaldes forums at Blackblades.enjin.com . The Deh'yo Tikal development is complete, and most of the Gul'rok and Anohe Hetawa lore is finished but could use some polishing. What I would really like is help with the other three - The Night Lotus (Pandaren), Ilum'nishar (Blood Elf), and The Nera Society (Goblin). Here's a quick run down of each sects theme:

The Night Lotus - a secretive sect of the Shado Pan who entrap sha and use them to empower themselves by using forbidden soul binding magics stolen from the mogu; Flavored with RL samurai & shinobi influences.

The Ilum'nishar - the true controlling body of Blood Elven society, they are a dystopian-esque totalitarian secret society of brainwashing & memory erasing operatives based on Adjustment Bureau and A Scanner Darkly style stories, but with an abundant use of magical means as well as medicinal drugs to control the population; flavored with RL influences from the Stone Masons and Illuminati.

The Nera Society - the underhanded, even for goblins, side of goblin society. They are essentially the goblin mafia, often employed by trade princes and lucrative goblin business owners to carry out seedy contracts. Styled after the RL influences of the original Italian and American mafia, but with regular and creative use of explosives and goblin gadgetry.

For anyone who would be involved in helping to develop this lore I ask that you stay as close to the original concept I have posted for them as possible. As well, adding to them with elements of RL historical influences that is outlined in each description. This would require research into both historical and fictional aspects of their themes by several means. Such as with the Ilum'nishar a good way to research and gain an idea of how they may operate may be to read books and watch movies on the subject of oppressive dysoptian totalitarian authorities such as Nineteen Eighty-Four (1984), Fahrenheit 451, The Adjustment Bureau, and others. Wikipedia is also a decent source to read up on your subject matter, and of course the internet is a vast pool of knowledge to look to when doing any research.

• Characters to RP as the masters of the various sects of the Blackblades.
  • One for each except for the Deh'yo Tikal (that position is filled by your's truely). The people who are chosen to portray one of the masters would be directly involved in Blackblade RP on a regular bases. As well, these individuals would be given the green light to develop their respective sect's lore further beyond the general idea of what we have started with, adding detail to it and bringing it to life.

• The artistically inclined to help "pretty up" the site.
  • Someone(s) to add a bit of artistic flavor to our site. Nothing major, maybe a logo or new header banner, or a few touches of art to add to official sticky post and such to help give the site a unique look in accordance with our theme.

If you are interested in helping in someway please let me know. I would be happy and grateful to have it.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    I would like to get my lock involved in this as one of the The Ilum'nishar if you accept more than just rogues.

Rio is more James Bond espionage than dark and secretive assassin, so he wouldn't fit too well.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Warlock
    While I do not believe I will be taking part in this, I will certainly let my guildies know they are welcome to step forward in my place.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Rogue
    Incoming story which is about 1 year too late.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Rogue
    10/24/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Sreek
    I'd like to head up the Forsaken sect, if possible? I'm stilling reading over the site but should register sometime this weekend or maybe next Monday.

Yes! You are welcome to head up the Forsaken sect. Somehow, in my absentmindedness I forgot to include them in the lore section of our site, but yes there is indeed suppose to be a Forsaken sect of the Blackblades as well. Of which, their Blackblade lore will be modeled on the non-canon RPG books' lore of the Lightslayers as well as the Deathstalker/darkstalkers of the Forsaken.

I will add their lore thread to the Blackblade site asap, and since you have volunteered to play the part of that sect's master you are welcome to help develop our own Blackblade version of said lore.

I am thinking I will have the Forsaken sect of the Blackblades lore go the route of it being an off shoot of the Deathstalkers, both because the Blackblades them selves are IC suppose to be more of a rumored secret society where as the Deathstalkers are commonly known, and because the Blackblades are ultimately a force for the greater good of the entire Horde (with some questionable self-interest) were as the Deathstalkers are primarily loyal to only the Forsaken and the Dark Queen. Now, just need to think up their Blackblade sect name to reflect their difference from the greater body of the Deathstlakers; while still being a portion of the Forsaken order they are not the whole of it.

Also, in case you would like to read up on the lore of the Lightslayers or Deathstalkers both can be found on WoWpedia.com .

http://www.wowpedia.org/Lightslayer

http://www.wowpedia.org/Deathstalker

I should soon begin in "incorpse"orating (I'm so cheesy) this lore tailored for the Blackblades, soon.

Also, Sreek and to anyone else who would like to be a part of this Blackblade idea please add my Battle Tag for more easily contacting me in-game - Githnji#1329
    Edited by Githnji on 10/25/2012 8:17 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Rogue
    10/24/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Volkuza
    While I do not believe I will be taking part in this, I will certainly let my guildies know they are welcome to step forward in my place.

But we need our Volkuza! And we still have a rebellio- er, catalyst for proactive change to incite.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Rogue
    I would like to get my lock involved in this as one of the The Ilum'nishar if you accept more than just rogues.

Rio is more James Bond espionage than dark and secretive assassin, so he wouldn't fit too well.

Oh yes, we accept more than just rogues. We do not limit our RP based on class. Anyone can be a Blackblade. You are welcome to join us.

I advise anyone looking to get in on the fun to please visit and register out our site at Blackblades.enjin.com as that is where, once we have completed the lore development, where all the news and announcements, stories, and RP missions to be accepted will be posted.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Rogue
    10/24/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Bozgosh
    Incoming story which is about 1 year too late.

Oh man it's the grey wolf, Boz'gosh!
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Rogue
    10/25/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Githnji
    Oh man it's the grey wolf, Boz'gosh!

That sneaky naga!
    Reply Quote
    88 Blood Elf Warrior
    Interested in this!
    Reply Quote
    76 Orc Warrior
    Bump!
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Rogue
    10/25/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Sreek
    I am thinking I will have the Forsaken sect of the Blackblades lore go the route of it being an off shoot of the Deathstalkers, both because the Blackblades them selves are IC suppose to be more of a rumored secret society where as the Deathstalkers are commonly known, and because the Blackblades are ultimately a force for the greater good of the entire Horde (with some questionable self-interest) were as the Deathstalkers are primarily loyal to only the Forsaken and the Dark Queen. Now, just need to think up their Blackblade sect name to reflect their difference from the greater body of the Deathstlakers; while still being a portion of the Forsaken order they are not the whole of it.

If I might make a suggestion in your design of this sect, since a few others have inspirational parts from real-world organizations. Given the concept of the Forsaken and their kingdom, KGB and SS connotations might do well? An entity, split off from the common information gatherers, the Forsaken Blackblade Sect could focus on doing the deeds that even other sects are "squeamish" about (i.e. Genocides, Extended Torture, etc). For their name I might suggest "Deathborne" or "Nachtfleisch - Nightflesh". The only ones I could think of so far. Also, would they have any connection to the Forsaken religion? Mixing religious extremism with bits of fascist or communist leanings might be interest, in my opinion.

I like these ideas. I'll begin researching the KGB and SS. As far as the religious aspects I imagine it would be there due to the Lightslayer influences, and they primarily being agents of the Cult of Forgotten Shadow, so we can certainly work that in as well. Deathborne seems like a good name too. If you have anymore ideas, please let me know. You as well as anyone else are welcome to contact me in-game, as well on the Blackblades.enjin.com site via posting a thread or message.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Priest
    Bump.

See...not all of us are rogues, sneaky, or killer types. :)

Some of us are quiet, nonthreatening priestesses.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    Hey, hey. Sneaky is as sneaky does. It helps!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]