Blackblades(Guild-Exoteric) Secret Society RP

10/27/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Bèauregard
My Laughing Skull Hunter might be very interested in this.

Bring him over :-)

He'll be among kin.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Heads up to Sreek and any others who may be following the development of our lore I have created a thread on our Blackblades.enjin.com site to continue the discussion of the Deathborne sect's lore development. Please, direct all future discussion of Deathborne lore development here: http://blackblades.enjin.com/forum/m/6618284/viewthread/4702779-deathborne-lore-development
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Moar bumpz
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I would just like to point out that anyone who is interested is welcome to join in on our discussion of the development of lore for the various sects of the Blackblades ( of which information on the sects are found here: http://blackblades.enjin.com/forum/m/6618284/viewforum/1481023 ). At current I am delving into inspiration for this process, and referring to the players who have volunteered to act as the masters of each to have the final word on their respective sect, but anyone is welcomed to add their thoughts.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
For anyone who may like to be a part of bringing to life some of these ideas we could use the assistance of someone who is versed in Blood Elf lore to help develop the Ilum'nishar sect of the Blackblades. I must confess I am not terribly knowledgeable on official Blood Elf lore.

The idea behind the Ilum'nishar is for them to be the true controlling body of Blood Elven society, they are a dystopian-esque totalitarian secret society of brainwashing & memory erasing operatives based on Adjustment Bureau and A Scanner Darkly style stories, but with an abundant use of magical means as well as medicinal drugs to control the population; flavored with RL influences from the Stone Masons and Illuminati. We do prefer to have our lore be as creative as possible without directly breaking or bending to much the official lore.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
How fortuitous I've recently rerolled my rogue Hordeside...
Reply Quote
21 Blood Elf Rogue
... This fleshy pink thing being the reason why this is relevant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/27/2012 03:05 AMPosted by Sreek
Possibly, we'll have the Deathborne partake in secret dark rituals to confiscate the corpses of human enemies, be it from graveyards or battlegrounds, and infuse them with Lordaeron blood with blood magic to grow and keep the Lordaeron Forsaken strong. Just a thought, and this would only be one detail among many to flesh them out. Let me know what you think.

the esoteric idea that a people's bloodline did not just carry their physical self but the actual blood held within it a people's very spiritual essence.

Githnji, I love you. Currently, the Forsaken have been bolstered by dead from all over Aezeroth, not excluding Gilneans. That a group, in particular this sect, seeks to purge those that are not "Trueborne" sons and daughters of Lordaeron is enticing! Imagine the internal conflict for the Forsaken? The sinister battle waged by the surviving population of Lordaeron? The Deathborne could be quite the boogeyman for both sides. Hmm. This will sound vain or cliche, I think, but what about the "temporary restorative powers" of blood? I just passed some information on Malekith, the Witch King of Warhammer, and his mother's use of a cauldron of blood to revitalize herself. This might be something to look into for additional stuff.

For some reason it makes me think of playing my Sith Pureblood in SWtOR lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Alright Sreek, I think I found something I can work with to add some detail to the Deathborne's lore. Everyone knows Na-zi ideals revolved around the master race propaganda, but more so than the highest officers of Adolf's circle were all involved and believers of old occult practices, this being especially so for the leader of the SS, and they believed that the esoteric idea that a people's bloodline did not just carry their physical self but the actual blood held within it a people's very spiritual essence. The warcraft universe has blood magic, and the Forsaken are very proud people, and I would imagine more so for the original Lordaerons, who place a decent amount of nearly nationalistic love for their own faction. We could work that in someway.

Possibly, we'll have the Deathborne partake in secret dark rituals to confiscate the corpses of human enemies, be it from graveyards or battlegrounds, and infuse them with Lordaeron blood with blood magic to grow and keep the Lordaeron Forsaken strong. Just a thought, and this would only be one detail among many to flesh them out. Let me know what you think.

I could also see them snatching Scourge remnants from Northrend and converting them to the Forsaken cause, much as Sylvanas has done with the val'kyr
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
10/27/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Nicoletti
How fortuitous I've recently rerolled my rogue Hordeside...

Well, you're in luck. For we have cookies. Epic cookies.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Alright Sreek, I think I found something I can work with to add some detail to the Deathborne's lore. Everyone knows Na-zi ideals revolved around the master race propaganda, but more so than the highest officers of Adolf's circle were all involved and believers of old occult practices, this being especially so for the leader of the SS, and they believed that the esoteric idea that a people's bloodline did not just carry their physical self but the actual blood held within it a people's very spiritual essence. The warcraft universe has blood magic, and the Forsaken are very proud people, and I would imagine more so for the original Lordaerons, who place a decent amount of nearly nationalistic love for their own faction. We could work that in someway.

I could also see them snatching Scourge remnants from Northrend and converting them to the Forsaken cause, much as Sylvanas has done with the val'kyr

Not a bad idea.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
The black winds howl, and the air turns cold.
Come the whisper of shadows chilling spirits once bold.
From the abyss they sprang like wraiths of the past.
Plotting in secret; gathered in black mass.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
10/28/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Goshek
Bump.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Edit to the OP,
Cause I'm an OG
Down with OPP
Yea you know me.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Have you ever danced with a Blackblade in the pale moon light?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
New Lore is up! Go checkout the Deathborne's lore in the Tome of Truth --> Archives section of our site's forums!

http://blackblades.enjin.com/forum/m/6618284/viewthread/4682750-deathborne
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Gooooooooood mooooooorning Moon Guard!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]