Blizzard's stance on ninja looting

Just wanted to set the record straight for those who aren't quite aware of it.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ninja-looting-blizzard-s-stance

Edit: After reading several posts on this subject I looked it up and thought it might help those that are confused on what is 'legal' by Blizzard standards and what is not. Not saying it's good or bad, this is just Blizzard's take on it. People may not like it but that's how it is. I for one don't think people should need on something they would only use occasionally when someone else would be using it all the time. That's just my opinion. Off spec should only be considered if no one can use it for their main spec. Many times on my pally healer I passed on things my prot spec could use simply because I only used prot for farming and 5 mans. I may not have gotten prot stuff as fast as I would have liked but I did eventually get it. It's only being considerate. Unfortunately, Blizzard can't enforce etiquette. That's why I posted it.
Edited by Bitzie on 10/17/2012 5:37 PM PDT
so? players who want it changed are still going to ask blizzard to change it...

i fail to see why you posted it
19 Worgen Druid
And the flame war begins anew.

But yeah, gotta agree with what was said up there ^

Posting this alone, without any context, is pretty much just trolling.
85 Worgen Druid
Keywords are "review chat log".

Make sure loot rules are typed out, especially when forming pugs, not voiced over ventrilo.
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
I think it is important to remember here that there is the Blizzard definition of "ninja looting", which is something that cannot happen in-game.

There are other definitions, but the Blizzard one, the one that applies to this game - cannot happen anymore.
90 Human Paladin
A random person on the street is able to punch you in the face.

A random person in a LFD group is able to need stuff that isn't for their chosen (See: The option he/she intentionally picked without any outside coercion) role.

If you want to say, "If they're able to do it then it's fine", then I hope every other random person you see in public punches you.

An inconsiderate selfish jerk hiding behind a link saying it's not bannable is still an inconsiderate selfish jerk.

I think you've got your definitions of criminal behaviour and selfish behaviour confused.

Randomly punching someone on the street in the face is not selfish behaviour, it is a crime.

Needing on something that is your offspec in LFD is neither selfish nor a crime, because Blizzard says it's okay and they've come out and said LFD is a good way to gear your offspec.

Don't try to force your opinion onto others.
Edited by Sliphe on 10/17/2012 4:36 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
The people complaining about how loot is distributed in LFD don't seem to understand that there is an alternitive way of doing the dungeon, without the Gear QQ.

Step 1. Find other People to do the dungeon with you
Step 2. Form the Group
Step 3. Inform the group on the loot rules
Step 4. Make sure everyone is okay with, loot Said rules
Step 5. If someone disagree's to the rules, Compromise or Find someone else. Then repeat Step 1
Step 6. Turn on Master Looter
Step 7. Walk/Run/Skip/Crabwalk/Teleport/Fly/Que to the dungeon
Step 8. Do the dungeon with loot rules being followed, even you, Master Looter
Step 9. Congratulate the Group on performance
Step 10. World Dominat....I mean... Enjoy your loot.

I know it "Looks" like alot of work, but there will be less Loot Drama, and thus, Less QQ. However, I'm sure that there is going to be loot QQ no matter what.

Keywords are "review chat log".

Make sure loot rules are typed out, especially when forming pugs, not voiced over ventrilo.

Take Screenshots if you feel they may be necessary as well.
10/17/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Liamaru
Take Screenshots if you feel they may be necessary as well.
blizzard doesnt need screenshots since they log everything on their own machines...

and blizzard doesnt use anyones screenshots since they can be photoshopped
10/17/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Rashend
You clearly are a selfish jerk that defends the other selfish jerks who want to grab all the loot for themselves
says the player that wants to be the ONLY player who gets to roll need on an upgrade...

oh the irony!
90 Orc Death Knight
10/17/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Sliphe
Needing on something that is your offspec in LFD is neither selfish nor a crime, because Blizzard says it's okay and they've come out and said LFD is a good way to gear your offspec.

Needing on something that is your offspec over something that is your main spec IS in fact selfish. Yes, it is in FACT selfish. It's not my opinion, it is truth. Because you're able to do it doesn't mean you should do it.

If a 1st grader steals another 1st graders toy and the teacher doesn't care - it doesn't make it okay to do. At least 1st graders have the excuse of not knowing better. Grown adults or people close to it already know better and they are wrong and bad for taking what they KNOW is not for them.
90 Orc Death Knight
You clearly are a selfish jerk that defends the other selfish jerks who want to grab all the loot for themselves
says the player that wants to be the ONLY player who gets to roll need on an upgrade...

oh the irony!

Not at all. If I want to get a tank upgrade, I'll queue as a tank. If I want a DPS upgrade then I'll queue as a DPS. Everyone has access to an even spread of loot for the role they chose. I am not so selfish that I take what should go to another. If there are two dps that can use the same loot or a piece of loot that fits both roles (mastery/hit as example), then it's fair that both roles roll on it.

Arguing the point is just showing who are the greedy, selfish, entitled, discourteous players are. Again, everyone knows what the right thing to do here is. Some people need to argue that its okay to steal to help them sleep at night.
Edited by Rashend on 10/17/2012 4:46 PM PDT
yes, it is in FACT selfish. It's not my opinion, it is truth.
I roll need on gear that i am going to use and is an upgrade - what you think about me doing it IS your opinion, not fact
10/17/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Salogel
Zaxan is clueless, arrogant, blind and most certainly possesses less intellect than your average goldfish.
your false assumptions are just that, your false assumptions
Edited by Zaxan on 10/17/2012 4:48 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
10/17/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Rashend

oh the irony!

Not at all. If I want to get a tank upgrade, I'll queue as a tank. If I want a DPS upgrade then I'll queue as a DPS. Everyone has access to an even spread of loot for the role they chose. I am not so selfish that I take what should go to another. If there are two dps that can use the same loot or a piece of loot that fits both roles (mastery/hit as example), then it's fair that both roles roll on it.

Arguing the point is just showing who are the greedy, selfish, entitled, discourteous players are. Again, everyone knows what the right thing to do here is. Some people need to argue that its okay to steal to help them sleep at night.

Right-o! I'll be sure to que as a Tank wearing Dps Gear. I'm sure the healer (Who is weaing Tank Gear) be alright with that.
10/17/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Rashend
Everyone has access to an even spread of loot for the role they chose.
Everyone has access to an even spread of loot for the class they play.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]