Blizzard's stance on ninja looting

100 Orc Death Knight
10/17/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Zaxan
yes, it is in FACT selfish. It's not my opinion, it is truth.
I roll need on gear that i am going to use and is an upgrade - what you think about me doing it IS your opinion, not fact

What I think about how you use a piece of gear is an opinion, that you're a jerk for taking a piece of gear that didn't belong to the role YOU chose (remember, again, you chose the role, take some responsibility here) is a fact.

Otherwise, if I need every piece to vendor for gold, then who the heck are you to say I'm doing it wrong. I guess we should all need every piece of loot that drops regardless of what anyone else would do with it cause we can still vendor that piece of loot for gold.
100 Orc Hunter
10/17/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Liamaru
its okay to steal
can't steal things from you that you never owned.
19 Worgen Druid
10/17/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Rashend
Needing on something that is your offspec in LFD is neither selfish nor a crime, because Blizzard says it's okay and they've come out and said LFD is a good way to gear your offspec.

Needing on something that is your offspec over something that is your main spec IS in fact selfish. Yes, it is in FACT selfish. It's not my opinion, it is truth. Because you're able to do it doesn't mean you should do it.

Sure. And insisting nobody else can roll on your gear is selfish, too.

The whole "you're selfish, no YOU'RE selfish" debate gets tiresome really fast.

We're all selfish. We all want to upgrade our characters. Pointing out each other's obvious selfishness is a complete waste of time and doesn't do anything to further the discussion.

Humans are selfish. Great, we've established that. Let's move on.
90 Human Monk
10/17/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Rashend
I roll need on gear that i am going to use and is an upgrade - what you think about me doing it IS your opinion, not fact

What I think about how you use a piece of gear is an opinion, that you're a jerk for taking a piece of gear that didn't belong to the role YOU chose (remember, again, you chose the role, take some responsibility here) is a fact.

Otherwise, if I need every piece to vendor for gold, then who the heck are you to say I'm doing it wrong. I guess we should all need every piece of loot that drops regardless of what anyone else would do with it cause we can still vendor that piece of loot for gold.

Give it away dude. You're right, I know it, you know it, people with a brain know it, but you're not going to convince that imbecile no matter how hard you try. I've given him the exact same examples you have - might as well teach a tree to dance.
100 Orc Hunter
10/17/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Rashend
you're a jerk for taking a piece of gear that didn't belong to the role YOU chose (remember, again, you chose the role, take some responsibility here) is a fact.
what you think about me IS your opinion, not fact. I roll need on gear I need for my class because I will use it and it is an upgrade. What you think about that IS your opinion.
100 Orc Hunter
10/17/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Rashend
they think they should need EVERYTHING
I dont roll need for everything, just gear I need for my class that I will use and is an upgrade.
Edited by Zaxan on 10/17/2012 4:52 PM PDT
90 Human Monk
10/17/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Shuck

Needing on something that is your offspec over something that is your main spec IS in fact selfish. Yes, it is in FACT selfish. It's not my opinion, it is truth. Because you're able to do it doesn't mean you should do it.

Sure. And insisting nobody else can roll on your gear is selfish, too.

The whole "you're selfish, no YOU'RE selfish" debate gets tiresome really fast.

We're all selfish. We all want to upgrade our characters. Pointing out each other's obvious selfishness is a complete waste of time and doesn't do anything to further the discussion.

Humans are selfish. Great, we've established that. Let's move on.

Oh, what the hell.

How is it 'selfish' to presume a main-spec's more important than an off-spec? Define Main vs Off. How is it selfish to pass someone gear because it's an upgrade to the spec they're performing? How it an upgrade to expect the same common sense in return?

Oh that's right - braindeads arguing for the sake of it.
90 Troll Druid
10/17/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Rashend
You clearly are a selfish jerk that defends the other selfish jerks who want to grab all the loot for themselves so that you can feel better about yourself as if you're not a bad person.

Needing on something you genuinely need for OS = being selfish? News to me.

People need to get over this whole MS > OS crap in dungeons. You're doing a "good deed" by not needing something for OS over someone's MS, but don't expect the other 10 million players to do the same and then call them names when they don't follow your rules.
100 Orc Hunter
10/17/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Salogel
How is it 'selfish' to presume a main-spec's more important than an off-spec?
because it is not more important to anyone but you
90 Human Warrior
10/17/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Zaxan
its okay to steal
can't steal things from you that you never owned.

Ahh...Toche.

10/17/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Rashend
Right-o! I'll be sure to que as a Tank wearing Dps Gear. I'm sure the healer (Who is weaing Tank Gear) be alright with that.

Yeah, cause there's no way to get gear that doesn't involve stealing it from someone who is going to use it for their spec. Please punch yourself in the face. Repeatedly.

I don't understand why people who are so selfish and greedy that they think they should need EVERYTHING even play games with other people. Just play a single player game where you can have all the loot you want.

Good...let anger course through your veins. You must join me...Join the Warriors! Your Blind Rage cannot be contained as a Death Knight.
90 Draenei Paladin
My issue is the database is messed up. There's tanking shields that Shamans can roll need on and cloth gear that hunters can roll need on. The database needs a much closer look at than it's currently getting.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Yeah they have a policy this apparently somehow makes not porting the old system from Cata LFR into current heroics defensible ... how? I realize you guys all like easily gearing up your off specs by queuing tank or healer, but come on.
90 Human Death Knight
I linked it in a thread earlier. The people who don't wanna know they're wrong don't read it.
100 Orc Hunter
10/17/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Salogel
because it is not more important to anyone but you

Engrish is hard for sum! Define to me mainspec, then offspec, then shoo. You're even MORE dense today, which is saying something.
i dont have a definition for them since they dont exist for me
90 Dwarf Rogue
When I tank in LFG I don't roll offspec w/o checking first but thank's to all these whine threads I think I'm gonna start.

If.
You.
Want.
Loot.
Set.
Asides.
Run.
With.
Friends.
Or.
Guildies.
90 Gnome Mage
What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?
Not necessarily. A player using the "Need" or "Greed" rolling option to win a loot roll (including rolls for off-spec items) is not breaking any rule, and is simply using the loot mechanics as designed.
58 Gnome Death Knight
so? players who want it changed are still going to ask blizzard to change it...

i fail to see why you posted it

Just because "You" want it changed... they wont change it because too many people want it left alone. If a majority of the player base was upset... then they would consider revising it.

Personally I am tired of all the "whine" threads about someone losing out cause of xxx rolled for OS...

Otherwise the OP just wanted people to know ---

Loot system working as intended...

in part there was another thread earlier that capped -- a guy filed a ticket on another player because a healer "needed" a DPS piece for OS...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]