Galleon Tag Spreading?

90 Night Elf Hunter
First off I have not personally seen Galleon dead or alive on AP. Does anyone know the last time he was killed? Anyone willing to share details of their kills?

Also, I have been reading a lot about spreading the tag once he is up. I am told that if a member of the raid group who first tags Galleon leaves and joins a second raid group they will both have tagged him. This process can be repeated with as many groups as we would like.

Has anyone tried this and does it still work?

I guess the big question is; Does it effect the results of the loot that drops? For example, is the loot that would have originally been dispersed for 1 raid group now shared with all raid groups that tagged the World Boss or is the loot now calculated independently for each raid group?

If my assumptions are correct and it is still possible to spread the tag and the loot is independent for each raid group, this seems like a great opportunity for many more people to have a chance at the kill and loot than normally would be expected. Now the question is, will people on AP work together as a realm or will the selfish few not allow this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
They're not the only ones who have gotten it, but they do share the tag.

There's no point not to, given that no matter how many people are around for the kill, the loot is individual.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The boss is tuned to pretty much only be possible for a 25 man guild- because every time they talk about galleon they say it should take a much more coordinated group than sha, and is designed to be done by a guild group.

Except its a !@#$ing joke just like the Sha and is constantly camped by the 2 premiere 25 man guilds on this server, making it impossible for 10man guilds to get that free tier gear.

Galleon's hilarious difficulty does not warrrant his incredibly long spawn timer.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Rogue
galleon is easier then sha. anyway if you send a tell to Alone/Uprising they always send me invites. People say there elitist but they're really not if you just ask
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Nope, everyone that asks for an invite gets one.

Perhaps you should be around the next time he spawns and stop crying.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Except its a !@#$ing joke just like the Sha and is constantly camped by the 2 premiere 25 man guilds on this server, making it impossible for 10man guilds to get that free tier gear.

Galleon's hilarious difficulty does not warrrant his incredibly long spawn timer.

They actually buffed the melee damage he deals now. I haven't tanked him but I'm guess it's about 200k a swing he's dealing now. He also doesn't drop tier =)

Nope, everyone that asks for an invite gets one.

Perhaps you should be around the next time he spawns and stop crying.

^

He has spawned at all hours of the day and is killed very quickly. His body also despawns within a minute after he's killed.
Edited by Ranikotar on 10/18/2012 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
galleon is easier then sha. anyway if you send a tell to Alone/Uprising they always send me invites. People say there elitist but they're really not if you just ask

Riiiiight because the endless amount of trolling from them.. GALLEON IS UP, WHISPER so and so.

Barring that, they will never advertise that he is up, and will usually just tag for themselves. Even if not a complete raid, just to prevent other people from starting a group for the kill, or having others join in.

Please don't confuse Alone with Uprising. I have never seen an Alone member trolling trade saying he is up. I have however seen an Uprising member say that and to whisper one of their officers (Bergg) for an invite, which I actually found kinda funny when I thought about Bergg getting mass whispers but probably wouldn't have if I wasn't near Galleon's spawn point and didn't know for sure that he actually wasn't up. I have also flown across Pandaria after being told there were whispers of Galleon spawning only to find out I had been trolled, it works both ways. Disappointing but not the end of the world, and kinda funny.

Either way, I can tell you that I have personally taken part in most of Alone's Galleon kills and I promise you, if we have the spots open we invite random people in the area asking for an invite. If you've missed those kills better luck next time or if you've been there and haven't received an invite it's either because we were full or because we had already pulled.

With Galleons respawn rate and both Uprising and Alone pushing for progression I hope you can understand that our top priority is to get a chance at loot for as many of our raiders as possible. We're usually scrambling trying to call/text people that aren't online and as a result we always make sure that we have extra room for our raiders if they are able to pop on last minute. That being said, there is no reason for us not to share the kill with people if we have the room since it's all individual loot, so we do. But we're also not going to spam general and trade chat looking for people to come kill it as that risks another group being formed and taking the kill ahead of us.

Just be happy you aren't on a high pop server like illidan where literally 40-50 people are camping him day and night. I've seen the livestreams of their server and it's absolutely ludicrous. Also, I was watching a livestream of Vodka last night where they had taken time out of their raiding to camp the BMAH and kill any alliance that dared enter just to have control of the bidding for a 509 cloth belt for one of their members. They had also dropped banners and were jumping in front of the auctioneer to make it harder for members of their own faction to click and bid.

So yea...no matter what you've seen on AP, it could be much much worse.
Edited by Arnathis on 10/18/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
whats ludicorous is the !@#$ing retarded spawn timer on this boss. This is not just the alcohol talking, but its completely %^-*ing retarded that Galleon not only gives loot multiple times per week, but also has the worlds stupidest spawn timer and can only be camped by people who can expend hours of time sitting at his !@#$ing spawn waiting.

Its just stupid. A boss this easy, no atter how willing you are to share the %^-*ing tag, sdoes not need to be on such a long timer. All he is is a !@#$ing loot cannon so you can abuse his multiple-loot-per-week to get progression gains while the busier population of ap has to just deal with not ever being able to do this mother %^-*er becauise we're busy !@#$ing raiding, or just plain doing IRL cuz who the %^-* has the time to be logged in all day waiting for one !@#$ing mob.

But you know who else likes to have gear that isnt currently accessible? MY MOM. No really, %^-*ing everyone. So it would be nice if he didnt go down in !@#$ing ten seconds adfter spawn, if effort were put into notifying other people who may need his loot for gaming progression purposes, etc.

I dont understand why AP has to have this attitude where we only want whats best for our own guild, and %^-* everyone else. No one gives a !@#$ about your not world first achievements, we don't care about your stupid %^- world rank or US rank, we ujust wanna be the best we can in the raidas we do. And we cant do that if we have to try and fit in a raid of 20 alone mebers and 20 uprising members farming a loot*!@#$ boss with the explicit intention of cheesing bosses by using gear that isnt even legitimately available yet.

SO for %^-*s sake man, especially you Vex, if you're staring at Galleon and you know he's up, how hard is it to whisper even ONE person from the other raiding guilds on Ap, and get them to bring other members from their guilds so that they too can use the incredibly gay cheesing of tier gear on bosses that don't require it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/18/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Chaingirl
SO for %^-*s sake man, especially you Vex, if you're staring at Galleon and you know he's up, how hard is it to whisper even ONE person from the other raiding guilds on Ap, and get them to bring other members from their guilds so that they too can use the incredibly gay cheesing of tier gear on bosses that don't require it?

We do. Also, anyone who is on my realid and is online gets my broadcast thats its up and to whisper me for an invite.

Edit: Also, notice the title of this thread? That's exactly what every server does and invalidates one of your claims.
Edited by Kenny on 10/18/2012 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
whats ludicorous is the !@#$ing retarded spawn timer on this boss. This is not just the alcohol talking, but its completely %^-*ing retarded that Galleon not only gives loot multiple times per week, but also has the worlds stupidest spawn timer and can only be camped by people who can expend hours of time sitting at his !@#$ing spawn waiting.

Its just stupid. A boss this easy, no atter how willing you are to share the %^-*ing tag, sdoes not need to be on such a long timer. All he is is a !@#$ing loot cannon so you can abuse his multiple-loot-per-week to get progression gains while the busier population of ap has to just deal with not ever being able to do this mother %^-*er becauise we're busy !@#$ing raiding, or just plain doing IRL cuz who the %^-* has the time to be logged in all day waiting for one !@#$ing mob.

But you know who else likes to have gear that isnt currently accessible? MY MOM. No really, %^-*ing everyone. So it would be nice if he didnt go down in !@#$ing ten seconds adfter spawn, if effort were put into notifying other people who may need his loot for gaming progression purposes, etc.

I dont understand why AP has to have this attitude where we only want whats best for our own guild, and %^-* everyone else. No one gives a !@#$ about your not world first achievements, we don't care about your stupid %^- world rank or US rank, we ujust wanna be the best we can in the raidas we do. And we cant do that if we have to try and fit in a raid of 20 alone mebers and 20 uprising members farming a loot*!@#$ boss with the explicit intention of cheesing bosses by using gear that isnt even legitimately available yet.

Just a game bro.

^_^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/18/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Barazoku

How many alts you got left?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
why do people assume you should be invited? quite frankly both guilds should never invite anyone outside of their raid team, I mean they are trying to compete right?

thats like Dale Earnheart Jr. offering Random Bumkin fan a free rie around the track durring Daytona.

(btw I used nascar as something you hillbillies might understand, I actually think its the most vile thing ever televised right behind Dexter)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
why do people assume you should be invited? quite frankly both guilds should never invite anyone outside of their raid team, I mean they are trying to compete right?

thats like Dale Earnheart Jr. offering Random Bumkin fan a free rie around the track durring Daytona.

(btw I used nascar as something you hillbillies might understand, I actually think its the most vile thing ever televised right behind Dexter)

No it isn't> That's a terrible comparison. NASCAR racers, however vile the 'sport' is, are in DIRECT competition with each other. When you're already far below world 100, who cares about your rank? Answer: No one. You are in direct competition with YOURSELF to be as good as you can, not with the other people on your completely !@#$ty realm. As a raider, you gain NOTHING from sabotaging the other raiders on your realm, whereas in nascar if you sabotaged he engine of the guy in second place, you gain massive victory.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/18/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Chaingirl
As a raider, you gain NOTHING from sabotaging the other raiders on your realm, whereas in nascar if you sabotaged he engine of the guy in second place, you gain massive victory.

Sabotaging other raiders? Sorry we're not waiting around for hours so we can fill 10+ raid groups before Galleon is pulled.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/18/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Ranikotar
As a raider, you gain NOTHING from sabotaging the other raiders on your realm, whereas in nascar if you sabotaged he engine of the guy in second place, you gain massive victory.

Sabotaging other raiders? Sorry we're not waiting around for hours so we can fill 10+ raid groups before Galleon is pulled.

Theres a pretty big difference between waiting ten hours and simply throwing out a whisper to the guilds YOU KNOW are actually interested in doing this boss and waiting at most 5 minutes for them to accept invites and show up. Pandaria isn't enormous.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/19/2012 01:27 AMPosted by Sciatika
Basically we see, we kill, we loot, we move on. It happens fast.

New guild motto? I like this.
Edited by Arnathis on 10/19/2012 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]