Fix Galleon respawn...

100 Night Elf Hunter
Most recent Galleon spawn on my realm went as follows...
(note PVE realm so ppl have both alliance and horde toons on same realm)

Top alliance guild did not get tag.

Their horde guild PVP flags and wipes tagging group.

Repeat until main alliance guild gets the tag.

There are a number of issues with this scenario..

1 - One single guild is controlling and griefing an entire realm.
2 - The extremely long repsawn time makes it so only one or two groups have any chance at loot.

Solution, change Galleon's respawn to mimmick Sha of Anger and respawn every few hours instead of one to two times per week.

This will give ample opportunity for those ppl wanting to kill him to get a chance on a weekly basis and also prevent guilds similar to this guild on my realm from griefing an entire realm.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
His respawn is fine. He is a world boss and a RARE MOB.

They put 1 world boss that spawns a lot so people can kill him a bunch, a loot pinata per say. Then there is a mob that is hard to kill, rare to kill, you have to work to get the kill. If you are unable to kill him now shortly that guild will not need him anymore and others can kill him.

Dont like it? Change servers/Join that guild/Start an opposing guild to destroy that top guild. take your pick.

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING STOP RUINING OUR GAME
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
This is the point and it's kind of epic.

Galleon is THE most desirable monster in the game right now, and the world PvP he invokes is great and entirely intended. If you want the spoils, you'll have to put forth the dedication or organization to A.) Catch the spawn and get your raid together quickly enough to kill it uncontested or B.) fight your !@# off for it. The boss himself is faceroll, so if you remove the competition to kill him and the long spawn timer it's simply welfare epics... and very good ones at that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/17/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Lamé
Dont like it? Change servers/Join that guild/Start an opposing guild to destroy that top guild. take your pick.

Won't help. I'm not online 24/7. Galleon was finally up when I was online yesterday for the first time because I'm usually busy doing other things when he spawns. What would you recommend I do now? Quit my job?

10/17/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Sneekay
The boss himself is faceroll, so if you remove the competition to kill him and the long spawn timer it's simply welfare epics... and very good ones at that.

Here is the deal, when you're dealing with an enrage timer like Heroic Gara'jal you need as much gear as you can possibly get. When I see people running around in a bunch of 496 gear from Sha/Galleon it's a little frustrating when I've worked hard for the rest of my gear (to be fair I finally grabbed a tier piece Tuesday from Sha, however I would prefer these world bosses not give such amazing rewards because the reward does not match the effort).
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
never even seen galeon and only one of my guildies has actually killed him and that's only because he was on after the server reset. personally i feel something should be done about this fight so the people who don't play 24/7 can get a chance at him.
Reply Quote
its not epic when you see him one time out the week
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Oh, hey, the top 25 man guild agrees with me. When asked about world bosses here are some Method responses:

Sco: Bad, spawn timer needs to be reduced on Galleon or something - seen him once, how can I kill Galleon and have a life outside the game at the same time?!

Hentrenson: Bad, Galleon is not hard enough for the loot that he provides.

Leeds: Really bad, our server is too full to get galleon.

Treckie: When the loot is BiS, bad, when it's just for casual gearing up, its fine I guess. Cross realm grouping would make up for some of the server inbalance, but I honestly liked the BH/VoA versions better, you get a group going when you want to (provided some restrictions) but not randomly when the boss spawns and you have to hope you even get the tag.

Valiane: Bad. Too much rng with spawn timer, tag griefing, randoms resetting the boss etc, just overall a stupid rng factor for gearing for progress.
Reply Quote
Here is my 2 cents worth on Galleon and the Sha:

1. I can understand some people's point about him being rare which to them implies that only a few people should be able to kill him. However, rare's should not drop ilvl 496 gear with a full loot table that has more gear than any single boss in MV. Rare's should drop mostly novelty items (pets, mounts, a few BOE's that can be sold, etc).

2. The Sha of Anger is considered the pvp boss but at the same time a loot pinata. My suggestion is to move all of the PVE gear to either Sha or Galleon and allow only once per week looting. The spawn timer on said PVE boss should be frequent (like Sha is now). The other boss can be the PVP boss that drops only PVP gear and pets and mounts. This encourages world PVP on the actual PVP boss while allowing those that want to do the PVE boss a chance at PVE gear.

I know most people are going to complain of this being a "give-me" system. However, with the current loot system in place for LFR/World Bosses. You can go weeks without getting any gear.

3. Raids like Obsidian Sanctum and Onyxia's Layer were always awesome to me. One boss raids. I had little interest in VoA or BH because the chance of PVE gear was pretty slim compared to PVP gear.

4. It has been stated that a lot of content in this game was meant to get people out into the world exploring. Camping a boss that drops PVE gear, is not accomplishing the goal of getting people to explore the world. Instead, many of us find our hours going by sitting on a pile of dirt.

I am really happy with many things in this expansion and is by far the best one I have played yet. I would just love, personally, to see a few tweaks to make it even more enjoyable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Sometimes you just don't get to kill him. If you cant be there when he spawns then that's the way its going to be. Blizzard cant schedule boss spawns around your work schedule. And to increase the spawn rate devalues the loot from the boss. Why don' they just put a chest by your farm and hand you epic loot. Would that satisfy your need for instant gratification?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I've made this point before but I'll make it one more time in hopes it gets heard. The only thing wrong with galleon is the time of day he spawns does not vary enough. Almost every single time (if not every single time) he has spawned on my realm it has been between the hours of 9am-5pm. Sadly, like most of America I work during this time. I'd be fine if he spawned while I was at work if he also spawned at some other times as well but the fact that having a full time job completely removes my ability to participate in galleon is a tad on the ridic side. I'm not saying make him spawn more frequently, just vary the actual time of day he spawns at every other spawn. Even some later at night spawns for the crowd with late classes and stuff I feel would be good for the game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/18/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Coochcooch
And to increase the spawn rate devalues the loot from the boss.

No, it doesn't. What part of BiS do you not understand? BiS meaning you can't get it anywhere else. BiS should come from heroic raid bosses, not random world bosses you have to be lucky to kill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
KoT
10/18/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
I've made this point before but I'll make it one more time in hopes it gets heard. The only thing wrong with galleon is the time of day he spawns does not vary enough. Almost every single time (if not every single time) he has spawned on my realm it has been between the hours of 9am-5pm. Sadly, like most of America I work during this time. I'd be fine if he spawned while I was at work if he also spawned at some other times as well but the fact that having a full time job completely removes my ability to participate in galleon is a tad on the ridic side. I'm not saying make him spawn more frequently, just vary the actual time of day he spawns at every other spawn. Even some later at night spawns for the crowd with late classes and stuff I feel would be good for the game.

Have to agree with this. The only reason I've been able to kill him twice is because I hopped on before work to check some auctions and a group was forming in trade chat. Think there's been a group in the evening, when I'm actually online playing? Nah...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
10/18/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Dysheki
And to increase the spawn rate devalues the loot from the boss.

No, it doesn't. What part of BiS do you not understand? BiS meaning you can't get it anywhere else. BiS should come from heroic raid bosses, not random world bosses you have to be lucky to kill.

Yeah, its very frustrating to see that I have 3 pieces that are BiS off Galleon- the Neck (which is just a higher ilvl version of the VP neck) and the ring, of which I need 2.

Thankfully, at least on Illidan, people are willing to drop group once they have the tag and start another group, thus sharing the tag. Now, I'll grant that this only really works when you have a server that's basically only populated with one faction, but when you have a server with a population as generally douchey as Illidan doing things like tag sharnig, I find it hard to imagine that other servers haven't figured that out yet.
Reply Quote
Thankfully, at least on Illidan, people are willing to drop group once they have the tag and start another group, thus sharing the tag. Now, I'll grant that this only really works when you have a server that's basically only populated with one faction, but when you have a server with a population as generally douchey as Illidan doing things like tag sharnig, I find it hard to imagine that other servers haven't figured that out yet.

I've seen this mentioned on our server as well. Though, IMO, this sounds very exploitish and I refuse to take part until I see something definitive that it is not.

A boss that drops PVE only gear, should be in an instance and be much harder.

Are there any other rare's in the game that are the same as Galleon? No, they all drop mostly vanity items or items you can sell on the AH. The whole point is PVE gear should be available to anyone that can form a group and kill the boss. Put him in an instance like OS or Onyxia and make him actually difficult to kill.

I want to earn the loot as much as the next person but when he goes 118 hours between spawns and I form a raid group that alternates people camping him and I sit there for over 48 hours myself and someone else gets to kill him because they were lucky enough that their aoe hit him before mine. That doesn't sound fair at all. Not on a PVE server at least.

The way Galleon is set up, the kill is based off of luck with being able to place your AOE's and get the tag before another group. That is not skill based in the slightest. That is pure luck.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
The problem as I see it is the loot tables on the rare spawns. 496 gear for doing not much more than getting a tag seems a bit contrary to the points blizzard has been driving home for the past few expansions about the best gear being earned rather than lucked into. Especially when we're seemingly still at least a month off for the other raids to open.

But more to the topic, you add his respawn time of days on to the fact that he frequently spawns during times when people may not even be able to play the game, you can see scenarios where players will never even get to experience the boss, much less get anything from him. I'm not convinced that this guy really needs to be on par with the Time-Lost Proto Drake. Something like that I can understand, but when Blizzard puts these raid bosses in the game, they are supposed to be in there for players to experience and with any luck, loot something from. As it is, it's not even where players can or can't get a tag - many players just don't even get the opportunity to begin with.

Galleon gives 496 gear, no tier, and has a spawn time of days - Sha of Anger gives 496 gear, as well as tier gear(note that tier gear is completely inaccessible at this current time outside of the sha), and has a spawn time of negative ten.

Why does this sort of discrepancy exist? Because he drops a few gladiator pieces? I'm not sure I buy it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

Are there any other rare's in the game that are the same as Galleon? No, they all drop mostly vanity items or items you can sell on the AH. The whole point is PVE gear should be available to anyone that can form a group and kill the boss. Put him in an instance like OS or Onyxia and make him actually difficult to kill.

I want to earn the loot as much as the next person but when he goes 118 hours between spawns and I form a raid group that alternates people camping him and I sit there for over 48 hours myself and someone else gets to kill him because they were lucky enough that their aoe hit him before mine. That doesn't sound fair at all. Not on a PVE server at least.

The way Galleon is set up, the kill is based off of luck with being able to place your AOE's and get the tag before another group. That is not skill based in the slightest. That is pure luck.

Yes, Galleon's tagged as a rare, but so is Sha. To call him a rare spawn and tream him the same as Jon'dar, Karr the Darkener, etc, is a misnomer, though. He's simply a world boss that isn't always up. (I'm convinced that Sha of Anger being on a nearly instant respawn timer is a bug and not entirely intended.)
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage

Yes, Galleon's tagged as a rare, but so is Sha. To call him a rare spawn and tream him the same as Jon'dar, Karr the Darkener, etc, is a misnomer, though. He's simply a world boss that isn't always up. (I'm convinced that Sha of Anger being on a nearly instant respawn timer is a bug and not entirely intended.)

Actually, that is intended. They've actually reduced his respawn twice. They reduced his respawn timer with the October 2 hotfix, and then "greatly" reduced his spawn timer on the October 12 hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

Actually, that is intended. They've actually reduced his respawn twice. They reduced his respawn timer with the October 2 hotfix, and then "greatly" reduced his spawn timer on the October 12 hotfix.

I knew that they'd reduced it once, but didn't notice/care that they'd done it again. The respawn rate on Sha being what it is now is basically relegating him to a loot pinata. Hell, he's up so often that there are actually times where he's sitting there untagged on Illidan for 10 mins or so after a spawn.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for that (the timer's too fast, imo) as it makes getting my weekly kill less of a headache, but the way it is now feels like walking up to an in-game slot machine once a week for two chances at loot (obv using a coin). Still haven't gotten a piece of pve gear from him, but I'm building a decent pvp set, lul.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Repeat until main alliance guild gets the tag.

Join that guild. They are way better.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/18/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Claedamonk
Onyxia's Layer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]