Let's keep this real.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Which means that this video game is irrevelant. Put this !@#$ing game down for a minute and look at reality. What the great Abraham Lincoln spoke is true now: We cannot absolutely know that these exact adaptations are the result of pre-concert, but when we see a lot of framed timbers, different portions of which we know
have been gotten out at different times and places, and by different workmen -- Stephen, Franklin, Roger, and James, for instance; and when we see these timbers
joined together, and see they exactly make the frame of a house or a mill, all the tenons and mortises exactly fitting, and all the lengths and proportions of the
different pieces exactly adapted to their respective places, and not a piece too many or too few, -- not omitting even the scaffolding, -- or if a single piece be
lacking, we see the place in the frame exactly fitted and prepared to yet bring such piece in -- in such a case we feel it impossible not to believe that Stephen
and Franklin, and Roger and James, all understood one another from the beginning and all worked upon a common plan or draft drawn before the first blow was struck.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Or his other quote: "I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The USA was a Republic, not a democracy, until our owner claimed it as such.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Tsokinfused.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
My mind. It doesn't know what just happened, Tsokinfused too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Scm is now kill on sight for being a !@#$%^.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, kill Scm on sight, and while you're at it, try to understand what the great Abraham Lincoln said before he was assinated, because it has already come true:

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it
in times of adversity. The banking powers are more despotic than a monarchy, more
insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. They denounce as public enemies
all who question their methods or throw light upon their crimes. I have two great enemies,
the Southern Army in front of me and the bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear
is my greatest foe. Corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places
will follow. The money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon
the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few,
and the Republic is destroyed"
-Abraham Lincoln
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't even and this is awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
what the !@#$ did I just not read.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
On your mark, get set, terrible.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The content in this might be more familiar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw
Edited by Scm on 10/26/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The content in this might be more familiar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

Should probably keep, both, politics and religion out of these forums.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If we can talk about garbage, which is what the WoW forums are most noted for, why not talk about truth?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Scientology is funny. Silly Scm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, while having existed in secrecy for hundreds of years, only recently came into the mainstream when a letter (url listed below) was published in May 2005.

With millions, if not thousands, of devout worshippers, the Church of the FSM is widely considered a legitimate religion, even by its opponents – mostly fundamentalist Christians, who have accepted that our God has larger balls than theirs.

Some claim that the church is purely a thought experiment, satire, illustrating that Intelligent Design is not science, but rather a pseudoscience manufactured by Christians to push Creationism into public schools. These people are mistaken. The Church of FSM is real, totally legit, and backed by hard science. Anything that comes across as humor or satire is purely coincidental.

For further info.....
http://www.venganza.org/
http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/
Edited by Mariarroka on 10/26/2012 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Erich Auerbach would prove to be a lasting influence on Jameson's thought. This was already apparent in the latter's doctoral dissertation, which would be published in 1961 as Sartre: the Origins of a Style. Auerbach's concerns were rooted in the German philological tradition; his works on the history of style analyzed literary form within social history. Jameson would follow in these steps, examining the articulation of poetry, history, philology, and philosophy in the works of Jean-Paul Sartre.

Jameson's work focused on the relation between the style of Sartre's writings and the political and ethical positions of his existentialist philosophy. The occasional Marxian aspects of Sartre's work were glossed over in this book; Jameson would return to them in the following decade.[4]

Jameson's dissertation, though it drew on a long tradition of European cultural analysis, differed markedly from the prevailing trends of Anglo-American academia (which were empiricism and logical positivism in philosophy and linguistics, and New Critical formalism in literary criticism). It nevertheless earned Jameson a position at Harvard University, where he taught during the first half of the 1960s.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]