PvP Gear Suggestion

90 Troll Warrior
have the default version and the gladiator version both costing honour.

If by this you mean the "elite" 2200+ required versions... no. No no no no. Those should remain unavailable. There's a reason those have rating requirements - they're supposed to prize trophies for top players.

...but no other gear in the game is like this. Even Tier 3 made a come-back, and that was the only PVE gear set that has been removed (ignoring the fact that updated versions have existed since Wrath's launch). Besides, PVP already has exclusive rewards - the Gladiator titles and mounts. Why, exactly, does every single player above 2200 deserve an exclusive one-time reward?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if outdated Elite 2200+ gear retained both Conquest and Rating requirements, just as long as they were still available.
Edited by Sabatieni on 10/19/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/19/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Well that escalated quickly

Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!

I saw that!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
...but no other gear in the game is like this. Even Tier 3 made a come-back, and that was the only PVE gear set that's been removed

Yes, and pretty much all of that was made easier to obtain by subsequent tiers, expansions etc. Even tier 3 was farmable all through level 70, I did a few naxx runs myself in that period and if you think that it was remotely comparable to level 60 naxx, you are sadly mistaken. In other words, what you are referencing were not trophies.

Besides, PVP already has exclusive rewards - the Gladiator titles and mounts.

Gladiator lasts for one season and is significantly harder to achieve, not to mention it excludes those who favor rbg.

Why, exactly, does every single player above 2200 deserve an exclusive one-time reward?

They already earned them. That is the status quo that you are trying to change, so you have to justify why your way is better. Why do YOU deserve them? PvE players have various unobtainable titles and mounts (amani war bear, immortal title etc) that were removed because they were supposed to represent doing something difficult in that time period. That's what this gear is for pvpers. If you like the designs that much... use the versions with a different colour scheme!
Edited by Kolzi on 10/19/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
10/19/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Kolzi
...but no other gear in the game is like this. Even Tier 3 made a come-back, and that was the only PVE gear set that's been removed

Yes, and pretty much all of that was made easier to obtain by subsequent tiers, expansions etc. Even tier 3 was farmable all through level 70, I did a few naxx runs myself in that period and if you think that it was remotely comparable to level 60 naxx, you are sadly mistaken. In other words, what you are referencing were not trophies.

Besides, PVP already has exclusive rewards - the Gladiator titles and mounts.

Gladiator lasts for one season and is significantly harder to achieve, not to mention it excludes those who favor rbg.

Why, exactly, does every single player above 2200 deserve an exclusive one-time reward?

They already earned them. That is the status quo that you are trying to change, so you have to justify why your way is better. Why do YOU deserve them? PvE players have various unobtainable titles and mounts (amani war bear, immortal title etc) that were removed because they were supposed to represent doing something difficult in that time period. That's what this gear is for pvpers. If you like the designs that much... use the versions with a different colour scheme!

You should probably use more recent examples...we've just gone through an entire expansion where zero titles or mounts were removed from PVE. Some mounts were turned into rare drops, but that is it. There weren't even any Realm First rewards for PVE.

The only real argument I can see is regarding RBGs lacking an exclusive reward of it's own for top performers. But Elite gear rewards don't really compare to the minimums required of Arena players.
Edited by Sabatieni on 10/19/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/19/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Sabatieni

If by this you mean the "elite" 2200+ required versions... no. No no no no. Those should remain unavailable. There's a reason those have rating requirements - they're supposed to prize trophies for top players.

...but no other gear in the game is like this. Even Tier 3 made a come-back, and that was the only PVE gear set that has been removed (ignoring the fact that updated versions have existed since Wrath's launch). Besides, PVP already has exclusive rewards - the Gladiator titles and mounts. Why, exactly, does every single player above 2200 deserve an exclusive one-time reward?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if outdated Elite 2200+ gear retained both Conquest and Rating requirements, just as long as they were still available.

there's grand marshal/high warlord, which are similarly set up, as they should be.

God forbid someone has something unique in this game anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Funny how all of the things on the arena forums, this is the one where the blue posts on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/19/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Draintain
Funny how all of the things on the arena forums, this is the one where the blue posts on.

Well, go look at the other thread he posted in.

If a blue ever posts in this forum, everybody immediately says "HEY! WHAT ABOUT MY CLASSES ABILITY TO DO 'X' IT'S BROKEN BUFF PLZ IMMA UNSUB FOR 9000 YEARS THAT'LL SHOW U!"

uh...on that note, chaining pyros into a deepfreeze was a ton of fun and I'm sad that they're nerfing it into impossibility.

BLEU PLZ FIX THIS INJUSTICE TO THE MAGE COMMUNITY!!! ;)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
10/19/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Vesthis
God forbid someone has something unique in this game anymore.

What purpose does exclusivity serve? Elitism? Gloating? I suppose pride, but you'll have to convince me that's a good thing...

What detriment is there in keeping old gear around, with their original requirements intact? The benefit of PVP's rating system is that attaining the gear wouldn't be any easier with subsequent patches or expansions, unlike PVE.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

At least they're posting.

I don't care if blue posters come into the most inane threads and post bad puns. At least it means they're here. If they choose to post in a thread, it means by extension they had to choose NOT to post in other threads. Which means they are AWARE of the other threads. Whether or not they're posting, they're at least reading.

It's a good thing, and I'd like it if we didn't slag on the first blue poster we've had in living memory.
Edited by Gruklaar on 10/19/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
What purpose does exclusivity serve? Elitism? Gloating? I suppose pride, but you'll have to convince me that's a good thing...

How about a trophy, pride in succeeding in a difficult task? Do you think it's a bad thing when someone gets a medal in sports for winning a match, because not everyone gets a medal?

10/19/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Sabatieni
What detriment is there in keeping old gear around, with their original requirements intact?

This is a more reasonable argument, I think fundamentally it boils down to how different alot of the seasons pan out. When you have really broken stuff like the mmr abuse in s9/s10 which resulted in people getting gear without properly earning it, you at least can take it with a grain of salt when they have those pieces. If we get another season where something goes horribly wrong with the system or there is some extreme imbalance/bug/whatever, and that person can suddenly get gear from every season etc... yeah, I dunno.
Edited by Kolzi on 10/19/2012 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Id like to see some more tansmog "kits" available. imagine if the legacy armor vendor sold a box that had a full set of replica gear (similar to the replica gear from the darkmoon fair). It would need a ridiculous cost i think. Like 4k honor and 4k conquest for a box containing a full replica set. That way those who really wanted it could get it. But if someone were to look at their armor it would say "transmog from XXX replica" this would retain the sense of accomplishment for those that were able to get the armor originally. cause theirs would just say "Transmog from XXX"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
10/19/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Kolzi

How about a trophy, pride in succeeding in a difficult task? Do you think it's a bad thing when someone gets a medal in sports for winning a match, because not everyone gets a medal?

But most awards are the same every year. So even if you don't win one year, you've got a chance next year.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
10/19/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Kolzi
What detriment is there in keeping old gear around, with their original requirements intact?

This is a more reasonable argument, I think fundamentally it boils down to how different alot of the seasons pan out. When you have really broken stuff like the mmr abuse in s9/s10 which resulted in people getting gear without properly earning it, you at least can take it with a grain of salt when they have those pieces. If we get another season where something goes horribly wrong with the system or there is some extreme imbalance/bug/whatever, and that person can suddenly get gear from every season etc... yeah, I dunno.

On the flip side, some classes have much more difficulty hitting the 2200 minimum for specific Seasons than others, meaning an Elite set for certain classes can be comparatively more rare than others.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Daxxarri, how about WotLK PvP belt, boot, and bracer vendors? i.e. Furious or deadly gladiator vendors. Every season prior to and after WotLK has these vendors
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/19/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Well that escalated quickly

Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!

Any ETA on adding the old school off pieces for Glad set 1 drax? I find my transmog lacking without belt + boots and mix and matching is meh

Even if it was DMF for them I'd appreciate :)
Edited by Feralosity on 10/19/2012 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager

I usually post if I have some information to offer, like I did in this case. Or if I think I'm funny, about which I'm often incorrect and which happens with regrettable frequency.

Regardless, it's not like I haven't been dropping fact bombs in this forum, so settle down.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Dax, is there any word on if they are ever going to bring back the Relentless weapons? The Relentless Glad Decapitator was one of the best looking axes ever created in the game and its no longer available to get anymore....

Relentless Gladiator's Decapitator
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/19/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri

I usually post if I have some information to offer, like I did in this case. Or if I think I'm funny, about which I'm often incorrect and which happens with regrettable frequency.

Regardless, it's not like I haven't been dropping fact bombs in this forum, so settle down.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bSg47grxxVg/T3q5HHaMymI/AAAAAAAADOQ/XXH9xofLnww/s1600/Atomic+Bomb.jpg

BOOM GOES THE FACT-O-MIIIITE

But seriously, when you guys going to fix the scoreboard button being a tiny missclick away from leave BG's? It was 100x better before you tinkered with it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Dax, is there any word on if they are ever going to bring back the Relentless weapons? The Relentless Glad Decapitator was one of the best looking axes ever created in the game and its no longer available to get anymore....

Relentless Gladiator's Decapitator

QFT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As an aside, I'll pass along your feedback about some of the other items that are no longer obtainable. We've long been interested in expanding Transmogrification options, so making some of this stuff obtainable in the future isn't outside the realm of possibility.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]