PvP Gear Suggestion

90 Human Warrior
10/19/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Daxxarri
As an aside, I'll pass along your feedback about some of the other items that are no longer obtainable. We've long been interested in expanding Transmogrification options, so making some of this stuff obtainable in the future isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Lionheart Executioner was one of my favorite weapons in TBC. Had I known it would be removed, and that Transmogrification would be introduced, I would never have vendored it. :(

Incidentally, I merged my old WoW account with this one, hoping that my "Lieutenant Commander" achievement, being account wide, would allow me to transmog the Level 60 PvP gear.

Unfortunately, no. Will there be any option to change this, for those who legitimately earned the achievement?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I would very much like to see relentless gladiator waist/wrist/belt added back into the game as well as the honor gear from season 9. Example set here: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=864
Edited by Shämän on 10/20/2012 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
As an aside, I'll pass along your feedback about some of the other items that are no longer obtainable. We've long been interested in expanding Transmogrification options, so making some of this stuff obtainable in the future isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Yes please. I've been wanting to get the season 1 gladiator full set (I only saved the shoulders from that time) for my warrior but the boots and belt aren't available anymore. Making a lot of these missing items available again would be really nice.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

Adding back the non-elite pieces would be a great change IMO. I just hope you guys leave the elite sets where they are supposed to be - in the hands of the players who earned them.

Leaving in the Heroic Raid pieces for any one to get long after people can faceroll through the content would be the same thing. I personally think they should make the pvp obtainable. PvE'ers only have their title dates to show off their "achievement", why should PvP'ers be given more? Even the Algalon Feat of Strength is super easy now, the hardest part is finding 10 people at level 80. Judging by how the rest of the gear in the game is obtainable, it only seems fair that PvP gear should be too, if it "needs" to have a 2200 rating attached to it, it's still better than currently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/19/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Yomiel
[quote]Well that escalated quickly

Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!

I see what you did there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
10/20/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Ayzrael
Leaving in the Heroic Raid pieces for any one to get long after people can faceroll through the content would be the same thing. I personally think they should make the pvp obtainable. PvE'ers only have their title dates to show off their "achievement", why should PvP'ers be given more? Even the Algalon Feat of Strength is super easy now, the hardest part is finding 10 people at level 80. Judging by how the rest of the gear in the game is obtainable, it only seems fair that PvP gear should be too, if it "needs" to have a 2200 rating attached to it, it's still better than currently.

Immortal/undying title, amani war bear, sinestra achievement, mounts getting reduced to 1% drop rate in new xpac, challenge modes scaling gear down etc...

It's not ideal, but pve still gets some things left for the elite. Why shouldn't these sets be the same?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
lol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
any word on if s10 will be made available alongside s11 or just the cataclysmic stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Tier 3 plz
Recolored versions of warlord-high marshall sets for transmog without having wow vanilla achievements.- (i wasnt old enough for playing wow at that time :S)
lvl 60, lvl 70, lvl 80 and lvl 85 sets for monks (or a least just pvp sets, there are many twink fans, and transmog fans too).-
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
any word on if s10 will be made available alongside s11 or just the cataclysmic stuff?
Reply Quote
70 Orc Hunter
i dont know what i want. I have full set's on my still 70's hunter and warlock and not many people do ;) but i still want some items on my now mains.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Immortal/undying title, amani war bear, sinestra achievement, mounts getting reduced to 1% drop rate in new xpac, challenge modes scaling gear down etc...

It's not ideal, but pve still gets some things left for the elite. Why shouldn't these sets be the same?

The removal of the Immortal and Undying titles are poor examples because Blizzard has changed its policy since that time. No other achievement based title, or any other similar reward for that matter, has been removed from the game since that time. And they were hardly marks of "skill" even when they were relevant, because even normal mode Ulduar gear trivialized getting them due to how easy Naxx was.

The Amani War Bear is now available on the Black Market Auction House, as are all those mounts you mentioned that have been dropped to 1% chance. If you advocate keeping this "exclusive skill-based" reward in its current form, then I demand that you advocate the addition of every season's Gladiator drake to the BMAH. If you don't you are a self-serving hypocrite whose arguments have no merit.

Challenge Mode Dungeons use of gear scaling means that even when we are level 100 in ilvl 1000 gear, they will be just as difficult as they are today. Challenge Mode armor as a "trophy," which you claim the Elite PVP armor is as well, will still be relevant no matter how far in the future we get. High-level PVP functions in exactly the same way as a self-check on difficulty with a permanent curve. If you advocate that Challenge armor is an "elite reward" that should be left as it is now, then I demand that you advocate the return of all old Elite PVP armors to the game with intact rating requirements for their purchase. If you don't you are a self-serving hypocrite whose arguments have no merit.

I doubt you will agree to either of these demands, because like everyone else who argues for "exclusivity" being a good thing, you are an egomaniac who has a compulsive need to prove you are better than other people at a videogame, and its much easier to do that by resting on the laurels of a past accomplishment and excluding others from that accomplishment than by constantly maintaining relevance on the current bleeding edge.

Have a pleasant day.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks blizz!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
i would love to be able to get ruthless for transmog. My hunter was my main for years. Since MoP, and the removal of ruthless i haven't been able to level him. I don't want him to look any different from the way he does now. i would be so very happy if they added that back to the game. i even changed my name the day it was removed because i was devastated when i thought of what my hunter would have to look like. Purple is my favorite color. Ruthless or die!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Please bring back the belts/boots/bracers and weapons from past seasons. There were some great weapons in wrath that have sadly been unavailable for years.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Make all past PvP gear available already.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/19/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Currently we're planning ot make season 11 Cataclysmic Gladiator PvP items, including armor and weapons, available again with the arrival of patch 5.1.

Will this include Vicious and Ruthless? Vicious Resto gear was a really good looking set.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
I wouldn't mind seeing the elites back up with 2200 requirement still...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]