PvP Gear Suggestion

Are you guys planning to release s5/s6/s7 weapons for transmog?
Reply Quote
Are you guys also looking into the bugged arena queues? Players have to toggle their xp to switch between bgs and arenas - not cool. It would also be helpful if a player of any level in a bracket was allowed to join or create arena teams, not just players at the base of the bracket (ex a 71 should be able to make a team with a 70 - currently you have to be on a team before leveling to be able to participate).

While we're on the topic, please add back low level skirmishes. Thanks.

Ya , Low level skirmishes! Please
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As an aside, I'll pass along your feedback about some of the other items that are no longer obtainable. We've long been interested in expanding Transmogrification options, so making some of this stuff obtainable in the future isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Blizzard has stated they want to expand transmogrification options. I don't see a problem with people obtaining replicas of season 11 gear. If it says when you inspect a persons gear that they have replicas then it's obvious they didn't earn it when it was current. It doesn't make sense to bar people from a good looking set just because they weren't hardcore PvP-ers (or PvP-ers at all) in a particular season.

We (the people who want this gear put back in the game) aren't trying to steal your "status symbol" and negate what you did in season 11. You didn't get your gear in season 11 because it looked fancy, you got it because it made you a formidable opponent on the battlefield. We just want to have a cool looking set, not the stats you paid all that honor/conquest to get. Complaining that others get to don the image of your hard-worked for gear is just being selfish. Truth is, we will have to work just as hard as you did to get the look since the honor/conquest cost isn't going to change.

Getting offended about people looking like you did in the past makes you no different from the snobby elitist jerks I see in hardcore raids. Transmogrification should be an avenue open to anyone who is willing to put in the time to get that gear. Isn't the purpose of WoW to have fun and enjoy your characters? If having that gear be exclusive to you is so important that you would deny others the pleasure of having the look they enjoy the most then maybe you should put yourself in their shoes. How would you feel if you took a break from the game and came back to see you missed a season with really awesome looking sets, only to find out they were forever unobtainable because elitist PvP-ers said you didn't deserve it for not playing in that season? You would not be happy I can guarantee.

So before you all cry out that bringing the "look" of the set back is unfair, look at how unfair you are being to the multitudes who just want their characters to have their favorite looking gear.

This.
But I think elite gears should be available, but with 2.2k req. So that old 2.2k who actually earned elite wouldn't feel so terrible, and add replica in the name so ppl know it wasnt earned in the specific season.
Edited by Diisnu on 11/27/2012 9:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
When will S10 sets show up again?
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
10/19/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Kolzi
On the flip side, some classes have much more difficulty hitting the 2200 minimum for specific Seasons than others, meaning an Elite set for certain classes can be comparatively more rare than others.

And thus when you see someone wearing that set, it is all the more impressive.

As an aside, I'll pass along your feedback about some of the other items that are no longer obtainable. We've long been interested in expanding Transmogrification options, so making some of this stuff obtainable in the future isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Adding back the non-elite pieces would be a great change IMO. I just hope you guys leave the elite sets where they are supposed to be - in the hands of the players who earned them.

I completely and utterly agree with every point you've made
Reply Quote
80 Human Mage
I'm glad blizzard is siding with the right side on this issue. Players can't have anything anymore... The elite set is literally just a different color. I don't want those sets back in the game for obvious reasons stated by other posters.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Maybe they can bring back all of the WotLK PVP weapons. <3 Furious Gladiator's Shotgun
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Update: Unfortunately, due to some issues, the inclusion of the Season 11 items will need to be delayed, possibly until patch 5.2.

Just a question. After thinking about how WoW works, and doing research, it seems to be a collection of servers running Oracle. (if I am incorrect then I apologize) If this is correct it would seem to be really simple to add back these vendors considering you probably have the code already/ backed up versions/ etc, the addition of the items into a vendor shouldn't have issues. So what happened to cause it to be pushed back?

This is not me criticizing Blizzard, I just do not see why they would be pushed into 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Update: Unfortunately, due to some issues, the inclusion of the Season 11 items will need to be delayed, possibly until patch 5.2.

WHAT THE EFFFF. I was looking forward to getting S11 gear again for my transmog!!! Seriously dissapointed right now.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
11/27/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Shrugger
I'm glad blizzard is siding with the right side on this issue. Players can't have anything anymore... The elite set is literally just a different color. I don't want those sets back in the game for obvious reasons stated by other posters.
First, let me address your misunderstanding of the issue. Blizzard did not intend to remove the set - they have confirmed that it was unintended. They have also confirmed that they will be fixing it, just not this patch. They have also stated that they are always interested in expanding transmogrification options.

Second, it is also important to note that many players aren't looking for the set for it's looks, they want to use it to pvp in BiS gear without worrying about the gear treadmill at endgame. They should have that option.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think that all previous heroics in all expansions should just be available at level 90. When you queue for a random heroic, it truly is random as you can get any heroic. The gear will just scale with your level along with the dungeon. This would be a great way to bring old gear back to the game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently we're planning ot make season 11 Cataclysmic Gladiator PvP items, including armor and weapons, available again with the arrival of patch 5.1.

When they return, they will be purchasable with Honor Points from the legacy armor and weapons vendors in Area 52.

while you are at it, will Medallion of the Alliance be added with the Season 11 items back into the game in 5.2?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Now that the patch is on live, we are seeing season 11 gear available. However, hybrid classes are missing their sets. Can you see that this gets fixed? Also, it would be great if you added Monk sets like you did for 70 DK's.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Really fast.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/19/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri

What. The. Fel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/19/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri

This sucks big time. Honestly out of everything this was the most excitement for me out of this patch. Having just re-rolled Paladin the other week for my guild I believe the S11 set is the best looking Paladin gear out there.

Massive let down. Super bummed right now =/

Hopefully it's something you can kinda just sorta "hot fix" and place in, instead of waiting until the next major patch.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
My biggest problem atm is that 85s are owning 89s just because they have gear that nobody else can now get. It's silly how OP ppl are in full cataclysmic compared to an 89.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]