MoP Tailoring...

90 Undead Mage
What do you do with all of your extra cloth? Even after making my daily silk(s) (depending on motes), and even after the cloud serpent first aid dailys, what do you do with all your extra cloth? I would sell it but seems to be that the market is floooooded with it.

May I SUGGEST that we get some a new bag recipe to sink all this into? I think a 24 slot bag would be perfect. A little bigger than the basic cata one but still not as big as the special one in wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I agree with this. My warlock is my tailor and she's sitting on bolts of cloth I expected to use that I am currently not using. I would even settle for a 22 slot bag recipe. Embersilk is still a pain to farm. Windwool is abundant. I'd take a 2 slot hit just to be able to put it to use.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm really hoping the next patch adds some new Tailoring patterns; otherwise, I'll probably change from tailoring to something useful—because unless you want to make bags, I simply don't see the point anymore (and you don't need MoP Tailoring to make any bag).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/22/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Talons
I'm really hoping the next patch adds some new Tailoring patterns; otherwise, I'll probably change from tailoring to something useful—because unless you want to make bags, I simply don't see the point anymore (and you don't need MoP Tailoring to make any bag).

I'm actually thinking of dropping Engineering and picking up Tailoring because I want to be able to make Royal Satchel and I don't want to have to farm August Celestials rep on an alt. I seem to always be short on bag space this ex-pac.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Cooking bags are being added in 5.1 (at least on PTR) for short term bag space limitations. Though I think upgrading the bags is all engineering.

I just keep buying up cheap cloth and sitting on it until I can turn it around for a nice mark-up.
Edited by Jozie on 10/22/2012 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would like a bag that doesn't take 12 days to make the mats for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/23/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Saraphina
I would like a bag that doesn't take 12 days to make the mats for.

This. But before getting exalted with them, I hope I will have enough mats to make 4 of them!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i had 35 stacks of cloth on this toon... sent it all to my bank alt to auction cause i got tired of holding it. 2 days later i'm back up to about 7 stacks just from dailies. a bag pattern would be awesome. or drop the silk timer to 4 hours or something.. 12 days to make 1 bag will be a bit ridiculous when i finally get the pattern.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Compared to my other prof, inscription, MoP tailoring feels neglected and shallow. I have so little to do with tailoring. Profits are slim too as every other tailor is flooding the AH with the few patterns we have. Hopefully 5.1 will bring us some love.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
While I agree a second bag pattern to dump the extra cloth into would be nice but in a way I'm kinda glad they didnt. Every single expansion the green pattern bags easily replaced the special bag from the previous expansion. At least right now I still have a use for all my old mats. People will still want the Cata dreamcloth bag until tailors can get out the one from the august celestials.

Best thing I can figure to do with the extra cloth is farm motes on the farm to bypass the cooldown and just make the spellthreads for people raiding. Another thing to do with the extra cloth is I make the pvp gear and DE it for the shard to stock up on sha crystals for the weapon and bracer enchants.
Edited by Éndora on 10/24/2012 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10/24/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Éndora
Another thing to do with the extra cloth is I make the pvp gear and DE it for the shard to stock up on sha crystals for the weapon and bracer enchants.

I'm doing the same thing. You only need 1 of the plans (assuming you haven't bought all of them already) and just dump all your extra cloth into shards.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Aweome feed back guys! Would be awesome to get a blue post on this!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I don't think 12 days for an "epic" bag is all that big of a deal. However, I was wondering how long it took to make bags in the past? I want to say it takes me 14 days to make the illusionary bag from Cata. I also thought the Glacial bag from WotLK was horrendous too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The big bag from the past 3 expansions took awhile but, in this expansion there is only one bag. There were other bags to make with just cloth that didn't take almost 2 weeks to make and with the amount of cool useless crap we get in this expansion we need more space not the same amount. Not to mention all the food and food ingredients we have now. This is SUPPOSEDLY going to be slightly taken care of in 5.1 whenever that happens but, that is only a small portion of the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It is worth noting that 5.1 is bringing what appears to be a proc-based chance of creating a cocoon containing one of two vanity pets (a silkworm or a moth), each time you create Imperial Silk. I am saving up SoH's and the relevant amount of cloth until then, in the hopes of being able to create multiple pets for myself, my friends, and the AH.

Of course, if it turns out it's ONLY from the daily cooldown, my plan has no point. But I am willing to save up my SoH's and bolts of cloth on the assumption that this is not the case. Since the epics have entered the expected price-plummeting undercutting stage on the AH, they're barely worth the Silk these days.

Prices for cloth have been steadily rising the past week or so, presumably because more people are hitting 90 and the leveling influx of cloth is finally dwindling. We'll see if the trend continues. If so, the market for Bolts will at least be a decent way to ditch extra stacks.

On a less realistic note, I'd love to see a Tailor-produced mount for a cloth-dump. Maybe a Grummle-themed flying carpet that takes 200 bolts of Windwool? It doesn't do any good if the mats are Imperial Silk, since that's the already-limited dump that's causing the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Or maybe add a tailoring bag like the other profs have.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/24/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Shinijumi
Prices for cloth have been steadily rising the past week or so, presumably because more people are hitting 90 and the leveling influx of cloth is finally dwindling.

I don't know if that many more 90s make a difference.

What I do know is that I went from 88 to 3 bubbles from 90, and I had a grand total of 22 pieces of windwool cloth.

That is all.

My tailor, if he wants to do his daily Imperial Silk, has to but the bolts. 10 alts questing in Pandaria do not supply enough to make 8 bolts of windwool cloth.

I have complained about this previously. You may call it the RNG gods hatred, but I personally think the tap was turned down a bit too much. I wish someone would look at this, instead of starting a thread saying they don't know what to do with all the cloth they have.

I am in Whisperwind, just send it to me!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
While leveling to 90 with a few friends we ended up filling an entire guild bank tab with cloth lolol. Finally got my tailoring alt to condense it all but still sitting on ~30 stacks of bolted windwool even after hitting 600 & making 14 imperial cloth..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I take it your cloth scavenging is still operating? On this toon i'm only breaking even considering the bandages i use on the cloud serpents.
Edited by Eprouvil on 10/27/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/27/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Eprouvil
On this toon i'm only breaking even considering the bandages i use on the cloud serpents.

I cannot pick up the quest - I do not have enough cloth to make bandages for me, nevermind the injured baby cloud serpents!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]