Don't play a Balance Druid!

90 Worgen Druid
They're terrible. Yes, i know my gear/whatever is terrible. But if you take my terrible gear/whatever and put it on the same level ranged dps class, it would not be as terrible as this balance druid is.

Thank Blizzard for flight form+herbing, otherwise dude would be deleted.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Shaman
I bet you you're probably really bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Gear-dependent spec underperforming without gear?

whoa
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
"6 unenchanted items
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle
And 440 ilevel."

Hmm...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Not to mention the 6% hit. That's good for PvP only.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Gear-dependent spec underperforming without gear?

whoa

Pretty much this;

Though i think our AOE could use some tinkering.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
ok i won't
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Yea, thats why Paragon stacks them. They are bad.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
not a constructive way to get debate done on your class or spec op. even if it does require tweaking or refining.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/22/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Vaedrin
Yea, thats why Paragon stacks them. They are bad.

Paragon stacks them for fights with multiple targets. As I said, their cleave damage is very good. In fights like Will of the Emperor with 4 targets, they are absolutely amazing. They just keep dot tabbing and hitting Starsurge/Starfall on proc basically.

In single target fights, Paragon shelves all but one for the 5% Haste.

Yes I know. My post was for the OP.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Balance druids are real bad in single target fights. Assuming your raid knows what they're doing, the only people you should expect to outDPS are folks in worse gear or folks who have jobs other than DPS. That's pretty much all there is to it.

That being said, in cleave fights, Balance druids are pretty damn good. Double dot, double starfall damage, 2x the chance to proc Shooting Stars.

Yep, this is accurate. Balance is dead last on Feng, top 1/3rd on stoneguards, and top-tier on will of the emperor.
Edited by Slant on 10/22/2012 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
yeah and for pvp which i only play balance druids have never been great but i had fun now its crap how bad we are cant survive vs anything... resto can dps and get good balance aspects and feral can get good resto but balance cant get anything good from resto or feral we are the only class it seems in the game that still can only use balance spells well only class that can only be one class when all others get to pick from all 3
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
We are good on multi dot fights but worse than locks and spriests if you go by wol on Will of the Emperor. That said we will continue to scale with crit very very well. Single target will go up nicely and multi-dot scales even better with crit. AOE is kind of tricky and I think we are lacking in having good aoe mechanics (wind-lord mel'jarak is difficult to optimize, hurricane doesn't move eclipse, shrooms are weak, multi-dotting is weaker than aoe, but a mix of the two can work out decently well even if its clunky). We aren't in a terrible spot tho and I love being able to switch to resto and do very well with just a simple reforge and trinkets change. One more edit to this section: Solar single target is very weak, but with crit we get more starsurges that are very strong, hence why the crit dependency is going to change our single target numbers so much. We may very well be seeing a starsurge every other cast by the end of the expansion if it doesn't get nerfed (not sure if crit is gonna get quite that high with only one target tho)

Edit: in pvp I don't think we are terrible, even though we may lack a great defensive cooldown like dispersion or ice block. Barkskin glyphed and might of ursoc are nice but we can still take quite a beating inside a stun (Going against a feral druid or warrior can be disheartening). That said our offensive cooldowns are amazing (even though you have to make sure to use them perfectly while getting out cc) because the burst with them is amazing. The rest of the time, if you are able to create some space you can do very well keeping yourself or teammates healed/peeled until the opportunity arises to use said cooldowns. Really the two classes I'm having the most trouble with are warriors and feral druids (bm hunters as well if he's good, but I'm guessing that won't be the case once the patch neuters them, and maybe warriors as well). Vs a good feral though I am not sure what to do, opening burst is so high and he will trinket my first cc that I often fall over quite fast if I am targeted (I do wish hibernate could be glyphed to remove dots). Also as for our defenses, teaming up with a warlock greatly increases our defensive ability. The ability we get with symbiosis lines up perfectly with our offensive cooldowns making it so we can get casts off or we can use it to simply survive enemy burst. It would be nice to hit a bit harder outside cooldowns, but se la vie.
Edited by Halfatree on 11/14/2012 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Balance is one of the most gear dependent specs I've ever seen. A 470 Balance druid is going to get his !@# handed to him, but a 495 balance druid can just dominate some of the fights this tier. Multidotting and getting absurd numbers of Starsurge procs is nice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/22/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Restorata
Gear-dependent spec

Bad development is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What I like most is in a pinch, using the same gear you have on, you spec to heals or DPS and not really have much gear to change over. The druid is a very strong class but we have to have the cream of the crop gear and really know how to hit the right spells at the right time.

I see druid as the class you really have to focus with and do your research on in order to play it correctly.

All in all, I think they are fun!
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warrior
11/13/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Booka
yeah and for pvp which i only play balance druids have never been great but i had fun now its crap how bad we are cant survive vs anything... resto can dps and get good balance aspects and feral can get good resto but balance cant get anything good from resto or feral we are the only class it seems in the game that still can only use balance spells well only class that can only be one class when all others get to pick from all 3

This is not even English.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]