Why can't battle pets recover after a fight?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
This baffles me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh and I love the fact that old warcraft music was put in there. Orc #3 FTW. I salute you Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm really baffled by this mechanic as well.

You can't buy pet battle bandages so it's not like its a gold sink or anything.
Reply Quote
You don't use your mend pet ?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/24/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Tsavis
You don't use your mend pet ?

10 minute cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Is the music in there really old music in terms of games?

I could not help but notice it had some simularities with Everquest 1 Old world music, if the music is from Warcraft than I now know why that is
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i have to admit to, the 8 min cooldown on the mend pet can be a bit long, especially if your trying to level them up etc and the only vialble way i've found is by battling creatures of even level which will knock your guys around a bit, if someone has a better way i'm all for listening haha i've just trial and errored some different ways is all =)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Is the music in there really old music in terms of games?

I could not help but notice it had some simularities with Everquest 1 Old world music, if the music is from Warcraft than I now know why that is

I recognize Warcraft 2's music in there. Not sure if there's some from the 1st and 3rd Warcraft titles.

Here's my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJ50hl-Ynw
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I would rather there be a better healing mechanic after you win a battle. Or perhaps win a battle that wasnt trivial.

If my battle pets win I hate either having to go into the next battle weakened or having to spend bandages or use my cooldown everytime.

The revive pets should be for when you lose a battle as sort of a penalty.

Perhaps the Heal after a fight could be higher depending on the level of the pets fought.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I just battle close to a stable master. Still, it's weird that I have to go see him to heal my pets after each fight. Prevents me from going further away.

Just curious as to the design decision.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
They recover a little bit of health after the fight.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/24/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Regu
They recover a little bit of health after the fight.

True, but it's worthless. I'd always go in a fight with full health. Wouldn't you?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump. D'love to see a blue answer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
They want to throttle the rate at which you level up pets and keep the value of healing abilities high. Also blah blahblah strategic play blahblah.
Edited by Kaganfindel on 10/25/2012 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You never played Pokemon, did you?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The music is all Warcraft 2, including the Mission briefing music and the score screen music.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
10/25/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Ashley
This. The only time in the monster battling genre that you would ever expect to be going in a full strength was boss fights (gym leader battles). When you're just out grinding for levels, you are expected to be wounded most of the time. Heck, thats generally how you know its time to stop and go heal, when most of your team is knocked out.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Death Knight
10/25/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Rógue
This. The only time in the monster battling genre that you would ever expect to be going in a full strength was boss fights (gym leader battles). When you're just out grinding for levels, you are expected to be wounded most of the time. Heck, thats generally how you know its time to stop and go heal, when most of your team is knocked out.

Um, did you ever play Pokemon? There was this place, called a MART. You could go there. You could even buy POTIONS. What if I also told you these so-called POTIONS actually healed your pet without requiring you to go back to town?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]