Death Knights Need Buffs.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
An even bigger problem now in WoW is all this instant CC having lower CDs. You want to put Strangulate on a one minute cooldown? Like blind is becoming? Like warrior fear was made?

You need to stop thinking "short term" and think "long term"

I played a bit last season and if I remember correctly. Having a one minute Strangulate you had to sacrifice Desecration for...Which was a very...very tough call. Why should you get it now? Because other classes are?

A dull arguement..
^ ... Why should rogues think their blind should go down from 3 minutes to 1? Because every other blind in the game is 1 min, rofl what is this???

Yeah it seems like DK's can't be successful outside of PHD right now. It's pathetic when I have to rely on my partner for 100% of CC and after unsuccessfully death gripping and then attempting an easily avoidable remorseless winter--watching myself or my healer go down with no CC whatsoever to intervene. CC makes the game more fun and interesting, and raises the skill cap. Otherwise, you are left with a class that relies 100% on bursting and tunneling.
Edited by Morfang on 10/26/2012 8:19 AM PDT
31 Blood Elf Monk
An even bigger problem now in WoW is all this instant CC having lower CDs. You want to put Strangulate on a one minute cooldown? Like blind is becoming? Like warrior fear was made?

I played a bit last season and if I remember correctly. Having a one minute Strangulate you had to sacrifice Desecration for...Which was a very...very tough call. Why should you get it now? Because other classes are?

A dull argument..

More CC may not be the answer, but dk's do need something. I mean at this point dks have 0 utility. Pretty much every class has better defensives, and brings SOME kind of CC to the table.

So dks have -good- damage.

Mages have better damage, on top of CC, on top of survivability.
90 Human Hunter

A dull arguement..

Yes I know it's a very dull argument, how could Strangulate possibly be 1minute cd.
Let me think of some of the other silences in the game:-
Priest's Silence - 45s cd
Mage's Counterspell - 24s cd
Hunter's Silence Shot - 20s cd
Warriors Gag Order - 30s cd (Yes I'm aware it's being removed.)

There is no way Strang could be 1minute cd that would be much too overpowered!

Never mentioned any issue with survivability, I actually feel dk survivability is very solid unlike cata.

What?

I really meant in comparison to Cata.
Edited by Trpk on 10/26/2012 9:05 AM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
anyone saying dk survivability is good, obviously hasnt seen the toolkit of other classes

Dk survivability may be better than cata, doesn't make it good

#1 strat is to burst down dk in the first 10 seconds
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@Trpk - You completely didn't read my first sentence in my arguement which leads me to believe you're an idiot. So...Yeah....
90 Human Death Knight
Death Knight
Death Strike now only heals based on the damage you have sustained from non-player sources.

I really hope I'm reading this wrong or we're getting something to compensate.
90 Human Death Knight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-436SM4Rkxw&list=FL_X6UoW7381nvmL3q5wtUHA&index=4&feature=plpp_video
90 Worgen Death Knight
Death Knight
Death Strike now only heals based on the damage you have sustained from non-player sources.

I really hope I'm reading this wrong or we're getting something to compensate.

Yep we are getting ****ed in the *** yet again. Way to go blizzard, you sure do know how to **** **** over
90 Worgen Death Knight
Yes I know it's a very dull argument, how could Strangulate possibly be 1minute cd.
Let me think of some of the other silences in the game:-
Priest's Silence - 45s cd
Mage's Counterspell - 24s cd
Hunter's Silence Shot - 20s cd
Warriors Gag Order - 30s cd (Yes I'm aware it's being removed.)

There is no way Strang could be 1minute cd that would be much too overpowered!

You do realize it's also on the gcd and it cost a very important death rune, if we get juked by any caster we just lost the match if we time this improperly
90 Orc Shaman
This thread needs some
………………_„-,-~''~''':::'':::':::::''::::''~
………._,-'':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::''-„
………..,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
………,-'::::::::::::„:„„-~-~--'~-'~--~-~--~-
……..,'::::::::::,~'': : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : '-|
……..|::::::::,-': : : : : : : : - -~''''¯¯''-„: : : : :\
……..|::::::::|: : : : : : : : : _„„--~'''''~-„: : : : '|
……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |: :(_ o__): : |: : : :|:(_o__): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : :\
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: : :|
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
…………..|: :''-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
…………..',: : :''-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: ,'
……………| : : : : : : : : :_ : : : : : : : : : : ,-'
……………|: : : : : : : : : : '''~----------~''
…………._|: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
……….„-''. '-,_: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ,'
……,-''. . . . . '''~-„_: : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'''-„
█▀█░█▀█░█▀█░█▀█░█▀█░█▄░█░█▀▀░░
█▀▀░█▀▄░█░█░█▀▀░█▀█░█▀██░█▀░░░
▀░░░▀░▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀░▀░░▀░▀▀▀░▀
90 Human Paladin
im just gonna come out and say it. your retarded. dks do more consistant damage than warriors. you slow forever and if a druid shifts out of it? reaply. you can kill a warrior thru second wind with no cd. stop qqing your fine buddy
90 Human Death Knight
10/26/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Tydist
your retarded.

That's what we all need to take away from the above post.
90 Orc Death Knight
Truthfully, dk's are not in a good place right now...

1. our "execute" is a "I hope this works" thing.

2. our only form of CC is a strangulate on the GCD that also cost a death rune that you shouldn't have just sitting there idle if you are fighting something anyway.

3. our 90 talents are jokes. 1 doesn't work, 1 is basically a tanking aoe grip, and Remorseless winter is just terrible. any player above a 1800 skill level will just avoid standing on top of you for 5 seconds. or despell it off.

4. our survivability is terrible death strike already healing for as much as DoTs tick and white swings hit for. not to mention it cost 2/6 runes that are on a 9 second refresh rate 1 at a time. IBF only decreases damage taken by 20% and is almost unnoticed when you are getting hit for 100k+. AMS is nice but every class is entitled to 1 nice thing i guess. Lichborne heal has been destroyed as frost. it heals for near nothing.

I offer a simple idea that we get some of our abilities, such as Necrotic strike, CoI, or Soul Reaper cost runic power instead of runes since the only thing we dk's really use runic power for is frost strike and it's been nerfed already anyway. you may use RP for a death coil but the damage is pretty sad.
91 Human Warrior
10/26/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Tydist
im just gonna come out and say it. your retarded.
90 Undead Mage
This kind of happens when a class gets very little changes over 2 expansions. Had to catch up the to class at some point, and hopefully they get the fixing they need.

Also, lol at the deathstrike nerf.
90 Undead Death Knight
Some of the changes we are looking for aren't very complex and really wouldn't have a serious effect on DK pvp.

Things like taking strang off the gcd

Things like giving us some sort of reliable cc. People said that hungering cold instant was OP and I wonder in what capacity they meant outside of 2'.

Preists have aoe cc that's instant and psyfiend which is also aoe ability.
Warlocks had aoe howl, now all have access to aoe stun
Warrior aoe stun and fear or shockwave if wanted
Paladins aoe blind

Aside from our kick as frost that only gives us 1 other decent cc and that's only for casters of course being strangulate. So giving us 1 silence off gcd and 1 instant cc would put us on par with spreists right? Warlocks too right? Mages too right? I don't consider this to be over powered.

Some sort of buff to death strike would be best also, most likely in healing received. I agree it should be not spammable to full health, but I mean if I use a full cycle of runes to get a couple of DS I would hope I end up over 30% at least!
Edited by Trïbute on 10/27/2012 4:06 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]