Death Knights Need Buffs.

90 Human Death Knight
1. disarm protection on rune of fallen crusader, 10 seconds of disarm is just ridiculous, when going for a kill in arena all a warrior/rogue priest ect has to do is disarm me and with out a trinket, your stuck tugging your pudah for 10 seconds.
2. Icebound fortitude needs to no longer cost runic power and not be affected by blanket silence, countless times you will get sapped with no runic power into a blanker silence and die against a rmp cause you cant even IBF or AMS.
3. Obliterate hits too hard, and frost strike hits like a wet noodle, balance them out.
4. Dk have a massive lack of CC, Strangulate 2 mins and is still on global cool down, remorseless winter is arguably the worst ability in the game, when druids can shift out of your stacks, and pally just freedom all the stacks off, and every other class have a insignificant cool down to use to either get away or stop the stacks form building. Strangulate is on global and is a 2 min cool down. explain to me why a 5 second silence is a 2 min cool down.....
90 Orc Death Knight
10/24/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Venvicta
There is nothing wrong with unholy.

Seriously? No. There is many things wrong with UH. Like the fact that it doesn't have desecration. UH is not made to be blowing frost runes every which way.

10/25/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Kilmore
I think we'd be in a good place if they brought Dark Succor back to pre-nerf levels.

We don't need that. That would break us. Make IBF 50% baseline and give desecration back to UNHOLY ONLY. Rework the pet so it's not completely laughable against players (Abom form hits mages for 8k crits, seriously?). Necrotic strike costing a Death Rune is just dumb, make it 1 UH. Death Rune costs in general are just lame.

If blizzard wants to make DK's more interesting, instead of having Death Rune costs, why not make things that are used with Death Runes do something neat? As in if you use Necro strike with a Death Rune it ignores resil, make SS deal pure shadow damage when use in conjunction with a Death Rune. Hell I don't know, it just seems to me that every other classes' resource mechanism is far superior at this point in time. It's lame.

Soul repaer is a joke and so is remorseless. Both dispel-able. Really? It wasn't enough that Remorseless could literally be useless if you stood out of it for 4+ seconds, but you made it dispel-able too? Same with soul reaper. Man, wish I could dispel a warrior's execute before they hit me with it. Or spell reflect it. Love getting hit with my own soul reaper. So stupid...

10/26/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Trpk
There is no way Strang could be 1minute cd that would be much too overpowered!

Hope that's sarcasm I really do.

10/26/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Tydist
dks do more consistant damage than warriors.

Doesn't matter how much consistent damage I do if it doesn't kill you. I can inflate the damage meters all I want but at the end of the day the warrior/hunter/mage is still going to global me or my healer. Sustained doesn't mean !@#$ to me.

In short DK's lack the capability to catch you and then still deal a substantial amount of damage. Once you blow a frost/UH rune there goes at least 33% of your potential strike damage. Bring back Desecration for UH at least. Thanks.

Too little Survivability in general now. You take away AMZ which is still by the way utterly useless compared to the other choices and throw in DP w/ 2 other useless abilities. Congratulations, you've just made 2 should be baseline skills talents, thereby hindering the already low Death Knight survivability.

Unholy doesn't do JACK to plate classes. SS shadow damage back to full. Would be nice. Thanks.

Timmy is still retarded. This would be a nice fix.

DK's abilities are easily screwed over. Spell reflect a Sreaper, move away during Rwinter with 4 stacks on for 2 seconds, keep making the DK blow Chains on you only to finally get to you and presume to tickle you having blown all his frost runes to catch you, give him a worthless spell to Dark Sim. The list goes on.

Fix us. Would be great. Thanks.
31 Blood Elf Monk
10/27/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Bustytramp
3. Obliterate hits too hard, and frost strike hits like a wet noodle, balance them out.

Here's the problem with that, all increasing the base damage on FS would do is send people back to master frost even for 2h dps. Why?

FS is already increased by mastery.
2h frost no longer stacks mastery.
If FS hits harder then stacking mastery would be the way to go, that and DW would be more appalling.
90 Undead Monk
I'd say DK's need some Control/Defensive buffs.

Strangulate - 1 Min cool down no rune cost
Remorseless Winter - either make ramp up time 3 seconds instead of 5. Or make it a 6 Sec stun on 1 target.
Death's Advanced - Keep speed bonus but make it 6 seconds of immunity to movement impairing effects. When Death's Advanced is on cool down, Death Knight's speed is capped at 100%. I think this alone would solve a lot of issues and has a drawn back when used.

Defensively

Death Pact - Baseline
Replace Death Pact with another defensive skill. Gives us the option to take Runic Conversion for "Second Wind" or another Defensive cool down, and we have to sacrifice damage.

If this causes DK's too be too strong they could easily tone down Obliterate damage to compensate. We would still have an inferior toolkit to Warriors, but this would make us much better.
90 Human Rogue
10/27/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Morlu
If this causes DK's too be too strong they could easily tone down Obliterate damage to compensate

Would rustle the jimmy's of many PvE'rs alike sir....even if DK's need more survivability.
90 Undead Monk
10/27/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Sinzx
If this causes DK's too be too strong they could easily tone down Obliterate damage to compensate

Would rustle the jimmy's of many PvE'rs alike sir....even if DK's need more survivability.

Easily fixable with a buff to Frost strike. Obliterate is PvP is what PvP cry about not Frost Strike.
90 Human Hunter
10/26/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Trpk
There is no way Strang could be 1minute cd that would be much too overpowered!

10/27/2012 05:24 AMPosted by Kîllawar
Hope that's sarcasm I really do.

Blatant sarcasm mate.

Dk's need fix please.
90 Troll Death Knight
DKs look like !@#$ next to warriors, but everything else does too. It's hard to compete with unhealable burst damage, half a dozen forms of CC with cooldowns of 1 minute or less and strong mobility.

On the bright side, sustained damage and pressure are strong, 30 second dark simulacrum and icy touch glyph add some needed utility.

Survivability isn't fantastic. I need to sit in blood presence whenever I get targeted. 10% damage reduction feels pretty weak compared to 25% from defensive stance.

Strangulate is clunky and weak compared to other silences, as has been mentioned in posts above. It's certainly useful, but could be much stronger.

I have no complaints about soul reaper and necrotic strike. As unholy they're both easy to use fluidly. You can't stack necrotics as easily as before, especially outside of cooldowns, but mine absorb ~40k each on geared targets with cooldowns up, and ~300k stacks aren't terribly uncommon if I don't get peeled for 10 seconds or so.

Soul reaper doesn't always work, and it's depressing as hell when it finishes at 36%. When used correctly, it can consistently add 60-80k to my burst. Sometimes I don't have a rune when I want it, but many of my kills in arena come from soul reaper.

Remorseless winter is clunkier than strangulate, which is saying something. It is, however, far from useless. Against any healer but a druid, you can strangulate shortly after you pop remorseless winter to make it land. The best part is having a 6 second stun land off the global cooldown.

DKs lack of CC is most noticeable when fighting classes which do unhealable damage. Against KFC, if we don't get pressure within the first 5 seconds, I'm left whacking something and hoping that my teammates don't die. Hopefully the adjustments in 5.1 to warriors/hunter/mages help make this weakness less relevant.

Other than the lack of peels against dumb teams, my biggest complaint relates to dark simulacrum. It seems as though almost every useful spell either doesn't cost mana or can't be stolen. Blood fear, ring of frost, psyfiend, blinding light, ice block and bubble are a few of the abilities which cannot be stolen. The useful spells I pick up are confined to hex, polymorph, psychic scream, cyclone, freedom, repentance and HoJ.

One more peeve. Timmy has a hard time keeping up with targets, between slows, immobilizes, rings and how everything runs so darn fast. Leap is often required to use gnaw, and druids can sometimes shapeshift leap and hop away before Timmy can catch up to gnaw. Hunter pets all seem to run around at 170% movement speed and felguards' stun is ranged. Timmy's global cooldown is also a minor annoyance, forcing me to mash my gnaw bind for a few seconds straight.
90 Undead Mage
buff dk's so there are less ferals in arena
90 Undead Mage
also trip worst dk eu get carried nerd pe@ce
90 Human Death Knight
This season has been the worse for me thus far. I feel every class is amazing in pvp, and yet dk's got !@#$ on. And i hope blizz fixes unholy they riped unholy apart. Sadly dk's are my favorite class and blizz tore them in half i really hope to see improvement. im disapointed.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Deathstrike is going to be worthless next patch. DKs need a REAL healing type strike. What about changing Necrotic into a strike that heals the DK if the shield is healed through?

How about buffing IBF to 40%

How about Bringing Hungering Cold back? 1min CD is fine, why? Cause everyone else has an instant CC on a 1min cd. or can be made instant.

Strang should be 1min cd no rune cost yes

Should make Necrotic cost RP instead of a rune imo

Fix the talent treee they are garbage.
Edited by Arche on 10/31/2012 12:00 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
DKs still have to deal with antiquated mechanics from LK and a poorly designed rune system that requires certain abilities to make us function correctly (read lvl 75 tier).

There was a big push during beta by many prominent members of the DK community to get these things fixed for mop. But sadly blizz made it so we worked and wanted to dps in the presences that shared names with our specs and then left us in some dark corner for the rest of the beta.

I think the biggest slap in the face was having our instant aoe cc taken away only to replaced with a sub par level 90 talent and then they turn around and gave it to all paladins! I really don't get what they were thinking when they gave pallies blinding light.
Edited by Èverfrost on 10/31/2012 12:04 AM PDT
Our survivability is poor, worst than arcane mages in cata. Some ideas to help this would be to make DP and lichborne baseline(its not like all pvp DKs didnt have these in cata anyways) and change the two tiers they were on, into raid utility and a survivability tier.

Speaking of that tier with the 2 talents no one takes. This was said numerous times during beta, on the beta forums and I will repeat it here: No one will take death siphon or conversion because it gimps your dps too much with no benefit over DP.

If they were to redo that tier and add in another talent to take DP's place they would have to switch death siphon to a %based heal and conversion would have to proc the lvl 75 tier. A damage based heal in pvp is just bad because of resilience, even with pvp power you end up with less healing than stated in the tooltip. I mean wasn't this why drain life got switched to a % heal anyways? Resilience makes a damage based heal pretty worthless, I don't know why death siphon didn't get the drain life treatment.
Also you guys shouldn't have to worry about the death strike nerf. If you took enough damage for the heal based on damage to actually matter you would be dead.

Let me do some math for you. I rock about 350k health in my current gear, 7% of that is 24.5k health. For DS to heal me more based on the damage I took I would have to take 125k damage and up in the previous 5 seconds.

Now that number isn't out of the realm of possibility given warrior and bm burst. But the issue is even at 125k health that's only a 25k heal. At 2/3 of my health or about 234k the heal is still only 46.8k. If you are taking that much damage that quickly DS isn't going to save your behind.

Does death striking still help(keyword here is 'help' compared to 'save your butt') you survive? Sure it does but don't worry about the DS nerf, its not going to hurt us as much as you think.
Edited by Èverfrost on 10/31/2012 12:24 AM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
killed a dk 100-0 through AMS and ironbark instantly as a mage earlier

maybe you should start there

ams absorbs everything nub
31 Blood Elf Monk
10/31/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Èverfrost
I think the biggest slap in the face was having our instant aoe cc taken away only to replaced with a sub par level 90 talent and then they turn around and gave it to all paladins! I really don't get what they were thinking when they gave pallies blinding light.

I found this hysterical.

-Instant cast unavoidable cc is too strong!-

Warriors have it
Pallys have it

Wut?
10/31/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Bellathissa

I found this hysterical.

-Instant cast unavoidable cc is too strong!-

Warriors have it
Pallys have it

Wut?

I know right? 1 min cd aoe fear that healers can't dispell is far stronger than a 1 min aoe blind that you can dispell.

On a side note it still seems we wont actually get our issues fixed for pvp. In the dev water cooler ghost only mentioned they are looking into Frost Dk burst. Its not that frost Dks have super warrior or bm hunter burst(big obils on clothies are nice but nothing like the 150k MS crits I have received from warriors). Its that have we incredible sustained damage whether you are 2h or dw. Currently frost dks are number 2 in raid damage just under assassination rogues in most fights. So if we manage to stick to a target for a given amount of time we are going to hurt. Keywords here are 'stick to the target'

I know I can force a healer to oom simply by sitting on a clothie for an extended period.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]