Sha of Anger griefing

90 Dwarf Mage
So I guess this is what happens.

1) Alliance raid engages Sha of Anger.
2) Sha of Anger uses his mind control ability on some of the players.
3) A small group of pvp flagged horde players just stand around and wait for the MC'd people to target them.
4) Those players become flagged
5) Healers heal those players and become flagged.
6) Soon most people are flagged and the small horde group wipes the raid.

PvE servers are supposed to make PvP your choice. This issue removes that choice. This world boss is essentially no different than if it were on a PvP server.

Please fix. I don't care for PvP in this game. Its why I rolled on a PvE server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hmm, I was going to have a snarky reply but since you are indeed on a PVE server, that is pretty messed up and may very well be a bug.

Definitely annoying
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
This is just one example of why World Bosses should have stayed a thing of the past.

Make it a quest item that is used to summon the extra bosses. When summoned the raid group that summoned gets phased with the boss.

Or make the world bosses beefier and make them like the large world bosses in Rift, where everyone that participates regardless of group and faction get to loot the boss. The current world event and boss mechanics with how the interact with raids is archaic and many other games now have solved this issue. Steal or copy one of theirs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/18/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Malchome
This is just one example of why World Bosses should have stayed a thing of the past.

no it's not
it's an example of why expecting things to go exactly the way you want instead of preparing for them to go another way, is often silly
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I was wondering why I was flagged on Sha and got achievement credit for a BE kill.. I guess some Horde got ganked trying this strategy.
Edited by Tihra on 10/18/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
The dude spawns like every 15 minutes. Waiting 15 minutes is not a big deal.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
CT
just expect it to happen and have all the dps switch to the flagged players you being in a raid you should have the advantage
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/18/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
The dude spawns like every 15 minutes. Waiting 15 minutes is not a big deal.

That isn't the point. Griefing is still griefing. This sort of thing should not happen on a PVE server.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I do think it should be fixed if it's happening on a pve server (on a pvp server its certainly not griefing because you are trying to wipe them especially on galleon so you can attempt it) but can it be fixed? The system they use for MC and flagging might be too ingrained to fix this.

What I'm wondering is how they were able to wipe you. On my server I've seen many attempts to wipe world boss groups. Have never worked. A small group I'm assuming you mean 5-10, even not trying to defend yourself vs the opposing faction it's hard to wipe because you can keep rezzing and there are 40 people. Just too many people to go through if you have enough healers and 2-3 tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
so

Sha is basically a BH boss, instead of waiting 2:30 to pvp, it allows you to do it during the boss.

to compensate, Blizzard stated "It's intended to zerg"

Pvp happening on a pvp boss *It's the improved baradin hold* is fine.

quick tips, stop using tab, manually target debuffed players, or only use aoe, it won't hit pvp flagged enemies unless it's targetted, or 2. Kill the Horde.
Edited by Entitlement on 10/18/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
lol people do this all the time on khadgar nothing new, You see two raids of 40+ horde and aliance go at it when trying to kill the sha of anger..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Sounds like fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

no it's not
it's an example of why expecting things to go exactly the way you want instead of preparing for them to go another way, is often silly

Well, when bugs are hurting the game experience for people, then it IS a problem.

But honestly, besides Blizzard who is commonly oblivous to this community, who didn't see stuff like the OP's story coming from the day they announced there would be world bosses?

That said, I'm pretty sure that counts as abusing the game mechanics, you should probably report the people doing that since it's a PvE server.

Unless the point of this expansion was to bring a bunch of stuff back to remind people why they changed it to how it used to be...
Edited by Aldiara on 10/18/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I'm pretty sure that hitting people while mced doesn't get you flagged, people are just really bad at targeting when trying to break out mced people once they flagge then all healers get flagged for healing them, I've been caught out a few times because of a start attack macro as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/18/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Sabod
I'm pretty sure that hitting people while mced doesn't get you flagged, people are just really bad at targeting when trying to break out mced people once they flagge then all healers get flagged for healing them, I've been caught out a few times because of a start attack macro as well.

Being MC'd will flag you, and for some brilliant reason counts as a hostile action by you. Priests used to LOVE abusing that in TBC, where they'd MC you and the guards would kill you, and you'd get durability loss.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Working as intended.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
10/18/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Aldiara
Being MC'd will flag you, and for some brilliant reason counts as a hostile action by you.

I'll have to pay closer attention to it next time last time I did it I had multiple people who felt the same way that I do, if it does its probably intended and not a bug or something that's going to be changed.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
This is actually my fav part of sha. When doing sha of anger its pretty rare i actually do any damage to him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just happened to me, I went as un-flagged then after the sha was down I am flagged then ganked.

I single hit the sha of anger and made sure not to aoe and I did not even target another player, no healing or what ever, only on myself but am still flagged.

I paid 100 bucks to move 4 toons to a pve server to avoid this sort of thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]