PVP Rogue Spec: Assassination or Subtlety?

82 Human Rogue
Has there been a decision yet of what spec is better? Assassination or subtlety?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm playing sub because I enjoy it more.
Reply Quote
82 Human Rogue
bump, I'm hearing that subtlety is better for control.
Reply Quote
82 Human Rogue
I like assassination more too. I've never gotten the hang of Subtlety personally.
Reply Quote
82 Human Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Have you considered combat? there is an issue of pressure when it comes to the right time to pop the cooldowns, but all specs are kinda like that.
Reply Quote
82 Human Rogue
I havent considered it. It only seems good for raiding and alot of the higher rated rogues are not combat
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Boxxyroflzx
I havent considered it. It only seems good for raiding and alot of the higher rated rogues are not combat

Pre mist? Wasnt aware there were high rated rogue's in season 12 ?
Reply Quote
82 Human Rogue
yeah, Rogues are kinda !@#$ atm.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/18/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Wizdumb

Pre mist? Wasnt aware there were high rated rogue's in season 12 ?

There are no high rated rogues. Only rogues play with zoos.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Assassination with prep and clos glyph. It's the best combination of survivability and reliable dmg there is atm. The loss of dance/step/hat is far outweighed.

It almost can feel OP, then you have to remind yourself that if you're doing decent now, just wait until we are buffed.
Reply Quote
82 Human Rogue
Assassination with prep and clos glyph. It's the best combination of survivability and reliable dmg there is atm. The loss of dance/step/hat is far outweighed.

It almost can feel OP, then you have to remind yourself that if you're doing decent now, just wait until we are buffed.

Step is really good though... and what's clos?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Clos is cloak of shadows and he's wrong. This is not wrath. Mut/prep's days are gone. Shs is just better than prep, arguments can be made to the contrary but none of them have any convincing evidence. Also prep doesn't increases assassinations damage by any significant margin. You get one extra free ambush/garrote/cheap shot. Grats. Assassination with shadow focus, elusiveness, step, paralytic poison, and Shuriken toss for the final tier. That's the build, an argument could be made for prey on the weak, but that relegates you to crippling use which renders the 4pc bonus useless.
Edited by Sapphiresky on 10/18/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Pre is nice for the sake of Evasion/CoS/Vanish reset, but I have to agree that ShS is more useful. The 24 second CD just makes it, and Assassination seriously needs the mobility.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]