Hunter Chat Thread 2: Let's Talk Patch

90 Orc Hunter
Heya guys! I know I'm not the last one who posted in the last thread, but I figured since I'm on here anyway and I haven't noticed a new thread I'll start the next one. Here's the quote from Adarant about how the rules go.

"For those unaware, and we seem to have a new crop here, HCT is off-topic Hunter forum thread. It's for us to relax and discuss the finer parts of being Hunters. Nothing is off limits here. As with most threads of this nature, the final poster in the thread gets to start and name the next thread."

So with that said... let's keep it civil, and I'd like to start the topic off about the upcoming 5.1 patch. What are your thoughts on it? Personally, I'm glad BM is getting some nerfs (as much as I love the spec, it needed them for PVP reasons) although I'm worried about our PVE and I'm hoping surv gets some love to make it more viable for PVP.

What are your thoughts?
Edited by Lazyguide on 10/24/2012 12:53 PM PDT
90 Human Hunter
going marks and gonna try out glyph of aimed shot. might be worth it. BM will still be better though.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/24/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Qualk
going marks and gonna try out glyph of aimed shot. might be worth it. BM will still be better though.

Maybe, but Marks needs so much more. I think the spec is crippled as of now and no one thing is the answer.
90 Human Hunter
separate cds for ice traps could make mm an amazing rbg spec. i agree the bw extra trink will keep bm strong. i feel like mm is lacking a big utility like that but moving aimed really changes everything. good news.
90 Pandaren Hunter
There are a few recently added notes that I am curiously hopeful about.

Lock and Load will now activate correctly when Ice Trap is triggered by an immune target, as long as a susceptible target is within the area of effect.

Does this mean SV Hunters will be able to micromanage LnL procs and force them on raid bosses? I don't know what circumstances could cause a player to become immune, but I image this helps them initiate burst as well in PvP. Is this intended to be a DPS buff or just a QoL change?

The Glyph of Icy Solace has been renamed to Glyph of Solace, and now causes both Scattershot and Freezing Trap to remove all damage over time effects from the target.

Not a huge fan of this, I preferred the choice. I'm not entirely sure the motivation behind it, but I'm open to hearing a discussion.

A new Major Glyph has been added: Glyph of Aimed Shot. This glyph allows Aimed Shot to be used while moving.

So many tears about how mobile we are. I wonder how this will affect MM's damage, though. By being able to complete the entire rotation on the run, and last I read the AiS rotation is higher DPS than the AS rotation, this should result in a shift upward for MM's DPS.

Aspect of the Fox has been removed.

I'm honestly curious what our movement penalty will be? We are already the most mobile damage dealer, so what is going to be done to tune down our ability to do damage on the run? Melee have to deal with random damage, knock-backs, and movement out of range. Casters have to deal with the inability to hard cast their entire rotation. We get to deal damage from anywhere and do our full rotation on the move.

It's been the stated design intent that damage done while moving is not supposed to equal damage done while standing still. Has that philosophy changed? Just for Hunters? Is something else in the pipeline?

Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated.

To everybody against this change, name a better way to nerf PvP burst without having any effect whatsoever on PvE.

Lynx Rush has been changed. Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect that causes damage every 3 seconds over a period of 15 seconds, and stacks up to 9 times.

I'm very curious to see the live numbers on this change, so that I can determine if it is a buff, nerf, or push.

Several classic Raid bosses now have a chance to drop new Battle Pets. The new pets can be obtained from bosses in Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Ahn'Qiraj, and Naxxramas.

Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons.

Guess where I'll be when 5.1 drops? (The answer is at work.)
90 Orc Hunter
PvP burst was obviously broken, but if the lynx rush nerf truly is a 54% total damage reduction, I have a hard time understanding that. Spreading out the damage over 15 secs made sense, but then cutting the damage in half? Nerfing rabid? Nerfing bestial wrath? Nerfing stampede heal? It just seems a bit overboard.
4 Draenei Mage
LR is likely out now, BS still not viable because it eats GCDs like a fat kid at a buffet. MoC likely the only raid choice, which is a shame because it can potentially be cut off on SG.

Casting while moving sucks, now we have to either add a new /stopcast keybind or stop spamming.

WTB Wrath MM.

Terrace opens next week. Woo.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm excited about the new pets coming out in 5.1 :3 I want one of those lovely serpents.

But as to our abilities, I can definitely say I'm happy about the removal of Aspect of the Fox. But as Adarant mentioned, I feel that there may be some catch to our mobility. If I remember correctly, GC has said at one point that we shouldn't be relying on mobility or something like that?

The BW nerf.... It's something. Maybe not the correct step lol, but we won't be so OP. Although I believe it's Stampede that needs to be fixed, and not the nerf to BW that will help that. As it stands, a lock/priest can just fear us through BW, and our pet is practically moot only using basic attacks and auto attacks on targets xD
90 Orc Hunter
10/24/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Adarant
micromanage LnL procs

Might be something to this if you had a timer to track the 10 sec ICD
90 Orc Hunter
Does this mean SV Hunters will be able to micromanage LnL procs and force them on raid bosses? I don't know what circumstances could cause a player to become immune, but I image this helps them initiate burst as well in PvP. Is this intended to be a DPS buff or just a QoL change?
That change was made ages ago and was a nerf from the old version which would activate LNL anyway. It's just a bug fix where it would go back to the old way I think.

Not a huge fan of this, I preferred the choice. I'm not entirely sure the motivation behind it, but I'm open to hearing a discussion.
Icy solace was pointless for PVP since you need to scatter to have a much higher chance of actually freezing them. It's a QoL change for PVP.

Guess where I'll be when 5.1 drops? (The answer is at work.)
That change, is awesome.

10/24/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Magnolia
Casting while moving sucks, now we have to either add a new /stopcast keybind or stop spamming.
Honestly, I include stop cast macros for almost all of my attacks anyway.

I'd try it out, but I hate MM :(.
4 Draenei Mage
micromanage LnL procs

Might be something to this if you had a timer to track the 10 sec ICD

Not sure the GCD would be worth it, since you're already getting some from BA. Pretty sure if it came down to using traps to be optimal in a raid like that, it would be nerfed.

Honestly, I include stop cast macros for almost all of my attacks anyway.

I spam because it's optimal D:
Edited by Magnolia on 10/24/2012 2:13 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
10/24/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Magnolia
I spam because it's optimal D:
It's mostly for soloing purposes for why I do it. I spam buttons anyway.
3 Tauren Druid
I feel like this thread is too far off the authentic "hunter chat thread" vibe, adjust it immediately. Here's a hint: you're not actually allowed to theorycraft in this thread.
Edited by Fluffaluffa on 10/24/2012 2:42 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
^ True story.
We must also discuss breakfasts, particularly centered around bagels.
3 Tauren Druid
^ True story.

Those !@#$ing bastards at blizz who ruined the hunter chat on this forum has led to a general decay of content on here. Quite frankly the quality of this hunter forum is appalling compared to its former glory.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Indeed, good sir.
And who could forget the legacy of our 500+ page thread that we had... or was it 600+ pages... my mind... it fails me.
4 Draenei Mage
^ True story.

Those !@#$ing bastards at blizz who ruined the hunter chat on this forum has led to a general decay of content on here. Quite frankly the quality of this hunter forum is appalling compared to its former glory.

I think it's mostly the same, there are just less people with brains around now.
90 Orc Hunter
10/24/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Fluffaluffa
I feel like this thread is too far off the authentic "hunter chat thread" vibe, adjust it immediately. Here's a hint: you're not actually allowed to theorycraft in this thread.

10/24/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Fluffaluffa
Nostalgia does that.

Anyway, if you read what I said it's just a starting topic. It really could be whatever (I could have started it with pie if I felt like it) similar to the story forum lounge.

I however wanted to see some thoughts from others about the upcoming changes before we get into whatever topic we really want to go into. It also helps prevent the mods from deciding it's too far off topic and deleting the thread (which is what was going on with the last HCT)
90 Dwarf Hunter
Actually, what has been killing me across 3 and a half expansions now...
I wonder what would happen if one of us actually had a conversation with ontap... or more importantly.. how did he level?
3 Tauren Druid
Actually, what has been killing me across 3 and a half expansions now...
I wonder what would happen if one of us actually had a conversation with ontap... or more importantly.. how did he level?

Voodoo magic I guess.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]