Hunter Chat Thread 2: Let's Talk Patch

90 Draenei Hunter
SV is the only spec without a heal (chimera shot, spirit beast heal) so something added might not be terrible. Though would rather not tie it into pet mend since it's never used in a raid situation.
90 Orc Hunter
12/05/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Mezasu
SV is the only spec without a heal (chimera shot, spirit beast heal) so something added might not be terrible. Though would rather not tie it into pet mend since it's never used in a raid situation.
This would be nice. It's one of the main reasons why it honestly falls off incredibly hard for hunters who plan to do any kind of serious soloing.

BM and MM are competitive with each other and are better than one another on specific fights. Surv just isn't really there unless you don't need self heals and there is a TON of AOE needed.

Generally though, if you need AOE, you probably need self heals too.
90 Draenei Hunter
12/05/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Lazyguide
Generally though, if you need AOE, you probably need self heals too.

^ Agreed. I solo SV because of the AoE. It's just too good compared to other specs.
90 Orc Hunter
12/05/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Mezasu
^ Agreed. I solo SV because of the AoE. It's just too good compared to other specs.
The only fight I can think of off the top of my head atm where surv would be better than BM/MM would be Heigan in Nax. And that's only because our health pools are so huge now XD.

At least we still have bandage spec, right?
90 Draenei Hunter
On Heigan one arcane shot takes care of any add. The only "issue" I had on that fight was having enough focus to spam arcane as they spawned.

Gogo bandages :)
90 Pandaren Hunter
Can you not bug the adds out still? That's how I soloed Heigan in 346 gear back in Cata. Just Feign Death when the adds spawn and they would despawn. They never seemed to want to go after my pet.
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/05/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Mezasu
Please expand.
My logic was that it could be tied to mend pet so that 1, it doesn't create a new bind, and 2. it's a convenient place to put it.

I understand that mend pet isn't used much in a raid scenario, but I don't really see how it's relevant.
Not trying to stir up ruckus, but rather seeking clarification.
90 Orc Hunter
12/05/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Adarant
Can you not bug the adds out still? That's how I soloed Heigan in 346 gear back in Cata. Just Feign Death when the adds spawn and they would despawn. They never seemed to want to go after my pet.
I think you're thinking of one of the other fights. Heigan was never able to be bugged properly (adds would still spawn, they would ignore FD, etc) in general that fight was buggy solo at level 85. I think you mean noth.
90 Draenei Hunter
12/05/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Adarant

Honestly never tried this before. Will give it a shot later.

I understand that mend pet isn't used much in a raid scenario, but I don't really see how it's relevant.

All good Yjjial. :)
With the chimera shot and the spirit beast heals, they are instant. The spirit beast one is controllable (meaning you can use it in omg situations like during Force and Verve or when you are voodoo dolled to help out.
Chimera is nice but in a sense pretty unreliable since it's a part of your rotation and can't use it in clutch situations.
The mend pet idea is nice. Would just need some tweaking. I like that no extra buttons are needed and it's usable when you want it. But mend pet is a global where as spirit beast is not. A single heal instead of a HoT would be nice too (wish the spirit heal wasn't a HoT).
4 Draenei Mage
New mouse, halle-fkcing-luja. I have a scroll wheel that works!

I moved my Stampede key... inb4 I mess up the first 20 pulls.
90 Draenei Hunter
New mouse, halle-fkcing-luja. I have a scroll wheel that works!

Merry Christmas from my Mom to you :P
90 Pandaren Hunter
I think you're thinking of one of the other fights. Heigan was never able to be bugged properly (adds would still spawn, they would ignore FD, etc) in general that fight was buggy solo at level 85. I think you mean noth.

You're right, it was Noth who let me bug the adds. There are too many bosses in that place for you to expect me to remember things like their order and name.
90 Orc Hunter
12/05/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Adarant
You're right, it was Noth who let me bug the adds. There are too many bosses in that place for you to expect me to remember things like their order and name.
Reminds me of one of my friends...

"Just gank my lane! Don't tell me that you can't because of your health! I don't need to hear your math and your logic, I just need you to gank!"

*ganks*

"AH MAH GAWD WHY'D YOU GANK?!???!!?!??"
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/05/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Mezasu

Honestly never tried this before. Will give it a shot later.

All good Yjjial. :)
With the chimera shot and the spirit beast heals, they are instant. The spirit beast one is controllable (meaning you can use it in omg situations like during Force and Verve or when you are voodoo dolled to help out.
Chimera is nice but in a sense pretty unreliable since it's a part of your rotation and can't use it in clutch situations.
The mend pet idea is nice. Would just need some tweaking. I like that no extra buttons are needed and it's usable when you want it. But mend pet is a global where as spirit beast is not. A single heal instead of a HoT would be nice too (wish the spirit heal wasn't a HoT).
THing is I rarely used my spirit beast in 10s because I was busy covering buffs.

Anyway... my main reason for the survival tweak is moreso leaning toward a buff for PvP/soloing
90 Orc Hunter
I just took a look at your suggestion btw Yjjal (I apologize for not reading it earlier, I'm lazy >.>), and I have a question. For both PVP and PVE this seems like it would be fairly balanced (dispellable, would cost a GCD, HOT), however for leveling up / soloing this seems a little too strong tied to mend pet since outside of the GCD there is no cost. Hunters would literally be near unkillable if you fought anything that didn't have burst (spirit bond, the glyph that increases healing taken, plus the new mend pet change which could have 100% uptime).

I do think surv needs some love, but mend pet just doesn't seem the right way to go. It would be insane what we could solo (prolly pass blood DKs on a lot more fights honestly)
90 Dwarf Hunter
I just took a look at your suggestion btw Yjjal (I apologize for not reading it earlier, I'm lazy >.>), and I have a question. For both PVP and PVE this seems like it would be fairly balanced (dispellable, would cost a GCD, HOT), however for leveling up / soloing this seems a little too strong tied to mend pet since outside of the GCD there is no cost. Hunters would literally be near unkillable if you fought anything that didn't have burst (spirit bond, the glyph that increases healing taken, plus the new mend pet change which could have 100% uptime).

I do think surv needs some love, but mend pet just doesn't seem the right way to go. It would be insane what we could solo (prolly pass blood DKs on a lot more fights honestly)
This is why the value is subject to change... think of it as 7% of the hunter's total health over 10 sec. It doesn't stack and still has a full 10 seconds to tick. Sure it's dispellable, but it's free and requires the pet to be alive (though this is where it falls apart in my mind).
90 Orc Hunter
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/268410407511805953

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=109259

:/
90 Troll Hunter
Forgot that getting 3p let me use these Gloves that have been rotting in my bank. Yay free DPS!
90 Orc Hunter
Ghostcrawler quote "Targeted skill shot" is what powershot is. "It doesn't miss if both you are the target are stationary"
Edited by Earthroot on 12/7/2012 5:06 AM PST
4 Draenei Mage
I know that Vizier P3 has been nerfed into the ground, but it is still a complete sh*tshow. I mean... jesus.

I don't know if I've ever seen a phase in any boss worse for melee than that one. They may as well just die so there's one less person in bubbles and to heal.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]