Hunter Chat Thread 2: Let's Talk Patch

4 Draenei Mage
You'd gain any equivalent DPS, including anything tied to your pet. For SV/MM a pet is nothing more than a DoT.

I just hate pets.
You'd still lose utility.... I wasn't talking DPS (which I'm certain can be compensated).

What about Master's call? Roar of Sacrifice? Stampede? Level 45 Talent Tier?

Certain there are other issues besides those. You'd be sacrificing a lot to get a very small change in game play for equal DPS.

I'm talking PvE, so MC and RoS aren't very relevant, nor is the 45 tier. Stampede could still use what's in your stable.

I HATE PETS OKAY.
90 Orc Hunter
I'm talking PvE, so MC and RoS aren't very relevant, nor is the 45 tier. Stampede could still use what's in your stable.

I HATE PETS OKAY.
You sound like you could use a hug.

From all 30 of my pets. All at once.

LET'S HUG HIM WITH PETS GUYS!
90 Dwarf Hunter

I HATE PETS OKAY.
You sound like you could use a hug.

From all 30 of my pets. All at once.

LET'S HUG HIM WITH PETS GUYS!
Down Fido!
90 Orc Hunter
10/24/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Lazyguide
BM just takes out the fun in being a Hunter imo.
Imo, MM is just flat out annoying. The game play isn't rewarding at all, it just punishes you severely if everything isn't exact.

Also, I like the idea of me commanding a beast by my side who'll tear someone limb from limb.

Doesn't really help that I've been pretty much held to MM since wrath to play optimally.

I wish I understood what you meant, but I don't. Are you speaking in terms of PvE? How is the gameplay punishing you severely if everything isn't exact lol?

MM is all about kiting, slowing, and shooting people in the face. Which is way funner than letting your pet do all of the work. And it's also more respectable by your opponent.
90 Orc Hunter
10/25/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Glockwork
I wish I understood what you meant, but I don't. Are you speaking in terms of PvE? How is the gameplay punishing you severely if everything isn't exact lol?
Could go either way. ISS is annoying. MMM for PVP is just bad. RNG is very rarely a good thing in terms of PVP (although that might be eased a bit next patch with steady being usable while moving outside of fox). Aimed shot to me just isn't fun. Either you sit and cast it forever, or you have to hope to god RNG loves you in PVP. I don't like having a dot I have no control over either. Rotation wise, it just feels clunky.

This is of course all opinion, so it's fine if you disagree with me. I do know how to play it properly, it's just not fun.

MM is all about kiting, slowing, and shooting people in the face.
Both of the other specs have those as well. I like the skill factor in actually controlling the pet properly as well as timing BW and other CDs properly (well not so much atm cause BM burst is retarded strong). With silencing shot and readiness both added to BM, it's much easier to tell a good one from a bad one now then it was previously (which you just had to look to see if they were using their CDs properly / micro managing pet). Knowing when to keep your pet on target out of LOS or when to pull it back is fun, it separates the good BM hunters from the bad ones by seeing if they know how to make good judgement calls.

Surv I also like more cause you have control over LNL procs in PVP (freeze a target, grab LNL and go wild). The dots are also a lot of fun cause I have control over them unlike the passive one from MM. Sadly, surv kind of sucks for PVP, although I did make it kind of work last season funny enough in a joke comp.

And it's also more respectable by your opponent.
Debatable at best. ATM it's not really respectable because of how much absurd damage it does. However, people complain all the time over pets and those people are typically pretty bad. You don't ever see high rated players complaining about how you can just send the pet in and do nothing.
making hunters more viable (now that our rediculouse burst has been reduced to a more reasonable level [edit: in 5.1])

step 1

silecning shot baseline

step 2

replace silencing !@#$ tier talent with this

Tactful trapping

freezing and ice trap no longer share CD but the CD on ice trap is increased to a 1 minute CD
Edited by Alfavhunter on 10/25/2012 3:08 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Debatable at best. ATM it's not really respectable because of how much absurd damage it does

i really respected BM hunters who could get glad in cata

now, not so much
100 Orc Hunter
U really cant kite melees anymore So many closers smh qq
4 Draenei Mage
My guild needs better DPS <_<
IMO they should make silencing shot baseline and make entrapment a talent in its place.
90 Orc Hunter
Erm, I def wasn't ERPing, disregard above name and also Dookjob def isn't me either I don;t know why you would imply that.
100 Troll Hunter
10/25/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Earthroot
Erm, I def wasn't ERPing, disregard above name and also Dookjob def isn't me either I don;t know why you would imply that.

People who post on multiple accounts are lame.
90 Orc Hunter
D:
I thought we were super best friends mag.
I post on multiple toons but I only have one account that is active.
4 Draenei Mage
D:
I thought we were super best friends mag.
I post on multiple toons but I only have one account that is active.

THAT WAS A JOKE BRO, GOD.

:P
90 Orc Hunter
THAT WAS A JOKE BRO, GOD.

:P

I lost my sense of humor in a tragic dooker fisting accident
90 Pandaren Hunter
It's October 19th in my heart.
4 Draenei Mage
10/26/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Adarant
It's October 19th in my heart.

That video was hilarious.
90 Orc Hunter
I think I missed the reference...? Q_Q
4 Draenei Mage
10/26/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Lazyguide
I think I missed the reference...? Q_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LV7M_WeGX8
10/24/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Fluffaluffa
I feel like this thread is too far off the authentic "hunter chat thread" vibe, adjust it immediately. Here's a hint: you're not actually allowed to theorycraft in this thread.

AMG IT'S FLUFFA

10/24/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Magnolia
WTB Wrath MM.

I am getting bored with Survival and BM, time for MM to be the top spec. I haven't done PvE with it in a year(!)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]