90 Night Elf Druid
Luckily I am Arcane mage
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ha ha ha. Golden.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
HAM
So after reading the patch notes today, mages were nerfed I believe. I am a new mage can any experienced mages tell me how bad these nerfs are or if its not horrible.

And why the hell wasnt warriors nerfed or even touched. Thats just not right.

They're not bad nerfs. Mages are just used to being the PvP kings for over 4 years now, and now that Blizzard is nerfing them for once they're all acting like it's the end of the world.

Every other class in the game is used to nerfs, Mages aren't. That's because Mages are like the spoiled child, they've had everything handed to them and now that Blizzard is taking away some of their shiny toys and asking them to actually work to kill people (have some skill) Mages are crying about it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
So after reading the patch notes today, mages were nerfed I believe. I am a new mage can any experienced mages tell me how bad these nerfs are or if its not horrible.

And why the hell wasnt warriors nerfed or even touched. Thats just not right.

They're not bad nerfs. Mages are just used to being the PvP kings for over 4 years now, and now that Blizzard is nerfing them for once they're all acting like it's the end of the world.

Every other class in the game is used to nerfs, Mages aren't. That's because Mages are like the spoiled child, they've had everything handed to them and now that Blizzard is taking away some of their shiny toys and asking them to actually work to kill people (have some skill) Mages are crying about it.

you're a warrior that claims to have played for 4 years but doesn't have any rbg experience or arena experience get out of here fotm

if you were competent and read the actual patch notes, it's not really a nerf, it's simply putting a cast time on pyroblast while increasing ignites damage to make up for it. it's an completely unnecessary change which makes the playstyle even more boring on top of having to channel invocation for 5+ seconds every 40 seconds.
Reply Quote
65 Human Hunter
This pretty much sums up how everyone on all the other class fourms feel LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM
Edited by Øàk on 10/19/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
HAM

you're a warrior that claims to have played for 4 years but doesn't have any rbg experience or arena experience get out of here fotm

if you were competent and read the actual patch notes, it's not really a nerf, it's simply putting a cast time on pyroblast while increasing ignites damage to make up for it. it's an completely unnecessary change which makes the playstyle even more boring on top of having to channel invocation for 5+ seconds every 40 seconds.

I've noticed in the WoW forums that no one even attempts to make criticisms towards people that make any logical sense.

Since you've noticed my lack of experience in Arena and RBG, I'm pretty sure you'd also notice that I played this warrior back in Catacylsm when warriors were a god awful class, meaning that criticizing me for being "fotm" doesn't actually make sense.

Next time try to make criticisms towards people that aren't contradictory, it just makes you look stupid.

Also, you forgot all the other changes to mages like the ice barrier nerf, SS, Deep freeze, etc, etc. So yes actually it will effect them in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is so funny. Mages have been buffed more than any other class as far as I can remember. Sucks to finally get a nerf, doesn't it? It should have come much sooner. Keep crying! :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You have way, way too much free time. Perhaps get a job and stop conducting your little forum-investigations on people's posting history. Oh, and cry more about the well-deserved Mage buffs, it's too funny!

Oh god all these tears over well deserved nerfs.

Mages really are water coolers again with all this crying.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1406257575
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123247643#15
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456730057?page=6#102
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2179669238?page=3#45
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2179669238?page=2#22
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3050105277#6

after a short history lesson on your post history it is obvious you have a woody for mages.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1764409895#12
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759366174#9

Enjoying yourself when you are OP... Priceless!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Lmao, how does it feel mages?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
QQLOLOLOLQQ - You finally get a nerf and arent top like you have been for 6 years and you are all crying like girls.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Want to know why all of us are "crying". Ever since mop we really haven't been thrown a bone for one they've crippled our roots dice Cone of Cold doesn't freeze anymore. Also we have the worst time with DRs since all our roots are frost based and all share a DR timer. Frost is powerful but easily LoSed. Arcane = free cast or die. Fire with this new 3 sec cd on pyro is dumb. The other day I popped 4 pyros in a shammy combusted on him Counter spelled him arcane torrent and then dragons breathed and he still lived. Now that is OP. and with all you saying mages dominate pvp think again we might destroy all you that can't get past 1800 rating but after that its a lot harder. Also when was the last time a Mage was in the top 5 for arena comps oh yes back in s5. Don't start saying that we deserved all of it yes some is needed but we only have one effective shield and sometimes they one shot it so its not that effective. Give us mana shield back and I'd say great so we could have our survivability back. That of which we had. Also another thing some people say oh Mage is easy you ice block when they burst yea until the warrior or priest takes it down in less then a second and you could blink away but the priest is a caster sooooo and warrior will just heroic leap into charge. And if he pops avatar we can't stop him from hitting us. In actuality the only good thing we can block is stampede from hunts so we heal and don't take damage. One last thing you all say well your the utility class that being so why does a priest get a better silence pally gets 5 sec stun warlock gets insta fears on low CDs warrior can catch a Mage in 2 seconds DK can stop our damage and then pull us to them and then slow us as soon as we blink shammys have a poly cyclone is like a poly but doesn't heal the target back hunts have a reverse blink and a nice silence Druid has a reverse blink if a moonkin plus all in form Druids which that's all Druids do are immune to poly can break out roots. The only classes that haven't stolen our stuff or idea for spells are rogues and monks..... Don't even get me started on the healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
AHAHAHAHAHA!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
How is a warrior or hunter saying its all necessary when warriors get no changes in 5.1 and hunters get a buff. Don't worry when your both nurfed in 5.2 ill be in your fourms laughing
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/18/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Incendium
I really don't understand the cooldown on Pyroblast. It seems to me like it literally breaks the spec.

Not really. Let's face it chaining 2 pyro in a row using AT (3 using PoM) then following with a Combustion is definately OP in both pvp and pve.

My problem right now is not the nerf. It's the fact that blizzard did not invest time fixing our 90 talents. I'm sorry but doing Evo every 40 sec in PVE is just not fun at all. Specially since you need to stand still for 5 secondes to get the buff (and the healing). It totally breaks the fun of playing fire mage. I don't understand why ROP still has a casting time and such a low uptime. IT SHOULD have been fixed in the beta. But blizz as usual is slow. It should be instant cast. IW is a nice talent for pvp. Sadly for pve if you don't take aoe damage on a regular basis it's useless.

Temporal shield should be improved to make it a viable option for raiding (to remove the use of a GCD on a defensive ability). 4 sec is too low and make the talent a viable option for fights without a predictable high burst aoe damage.

Also the guy who tought it was a great idea to put a casting time on Flamestrike should be fired asap. Dumb idea is dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/18/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Rentrenus

that just makes the squishiest class in the game even easier to kill

i'd be fine if they nerfed burst, but i have no idea why they'd nerf the survivability of the #1 train class in the game

I think the thinking is less in the nerf-department.

Take a look at wow-popular and you'll notice what is probably true: you, me, and probably 98% of mages use ice barrier as the default talent choice.

By making it worse, it encourages us to choose other talents.

Cause you know, that's so much better than improving the other two talents . . .

I can tell you 98% of people will still use IB.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
r u ok m8
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]