so mages nerfed 5.1

90 Undead Mage
uhmm, warriors and huntards are more OP than mages have EVER BEEN. Have you seen the 2s brackets lately, 3s?http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/2v2

Every single team in top 10 has either a warrior or a hunter. Have fun being the class that everyone loves to hate. I would rather be balanced like we were in BC than overpowered. Had so many good duels back in BC,especially vs rets and warlocks. In Cata it was just too damn easy to win in a 1v1. But if you put a mage in arena with purges, dispels, being the squishiest class, thats a different story. Its not hard to drop a mage if you have a healer and half a brain, it never was. Mages being OP has always been over exaggerated, sad but true
Reply Quote
The deep freeze nerf is my primary beef. The problem was too much burst during deep freeze because of frost bomb. Increasing the cooldown of deep freeze just makes the problem happen less often. Nerf frost bomb, not deep freeze.
Edited by Urm on 10/20/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm glad a warrior here had some input and not some lol or you get what you deserve
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It's really annoying that everyone chimes in to threads with you deserved nerfs QQ more. Most mages will agree that our damage is broken. The problem is that blizz made a change on our only reliable form of damage and cc. They didn't nerf our burst at all. Just screwed with our utility. People crying about mages being OP in Cata, but I hated playing mage in cata. Mage damage was over the top, but without that we would have been useless. Targeted and trained each and every game the whole match. We were completely shut down and now with war's all over the place casting is an even bigger joke than it was before and when we do successfully cast anything the damage is not very good out side of frostbomb. Mage isn't fun to play anymore. The dif between a good mage and a bad mage has completely vanished. The fact is that mages are upset over a clunky awkward feeling class that was at one time very fluid and fun to play. Damage was broken, not deep. If you were watching your fav tv show and the volume was up way too loud, would you turn down the volume or turn the channel to the jewelry shopping network cause its quieter? Change made no sense. That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/18/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Avaira
I was talking more about the 25% decrease to ice barrier and the CD increases

that just makes the squishiest class in the game even easier to kill

i'd be fine if they nerfed burst, but i have no idea why they'd nerf the survivability of the #1 train class in the game

This.
Reply Quote
They want us to go all haste thus reducing our burst.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
The mages aren't bad, just hard to play.. People think we're OP but really it takes skill, like Alter Time is a good spell but half the mages dont even know how to use it right. As in Hunters, they're pet attack is almost impossible to stop unless you get a lucky ring of frost.. And the Warriors, I dont even think I need to explain that. I think they should replace the Invocation with a double blink spell with a 1.5 minute cooldown or something. Warriors get double charge, let us get double blink.. Rune of Power is good for PVE and they completley !@#$ed Incanters Ward.. 8 seconds, really? Just showing how we're not OP and it does take skill with the short duration of our CD's. Mages will always be a target for Blizzard based on the popularity of the issue..
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/20/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Durar
Since you've noticed my lack of experience in Arena and RBG, I'm pretty sure you'd also notice that I played this warrior back in Catacylsm when warriors were a god awful class, meaning that criticizing me for being "fotm" doesn't actually make sense.

actually, it does make sense. FotM characters don't have to be characters that you simply leveled as soon as you found out they were OP. they can be alts you had sitting around and maybe had at max level in the past xpac and wanted to get to max level this xpac in order to take advantage of the current OP state.

in other words, he was pointing out that because of your lack of experience that you're probably a FotM player. whether that's true or not is irrelevant because you'll deny it either way and use the fact that you played this character in Cata when warriors were "god awful" which isn't even true.

on a side note, you've been in almost every mage thread on this forum for about 2 days now. constantly posting on the threads claiming that mages are sad they aren't gods or some ignorant drivel like that. tell me, what looks more pathetic from the outside looking in? a mage talking to other mages about nerfs that don't fix the actual problem with the class, or a warrior who seems to have a hard on ever since the nerfs were released? so much of one, in fact, that he spent days in the mage forums, posting the same thing multiple times to simply get a response in which he proceeded to talk down to that mage as if the mage was inferior to him in intelligence. if you want to talk logic, i'd say the warrior is the most pathetic.. logically.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
nerfed????, ohhhhh my goooooooood
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Believe it or not some of us don't pvp. I have no problem with a damage nerf. I have no problem with a nerf to my damaging spells. Skill can easily make up for damage reductions.

HOWEVER, I do have a big problem when my survivability gets nerfed. In PVE there is no benefit to invisibility, if it means you just caused the baddies to reset. It's really sad when I have to be completely self-aware, not to pull more than 4 baddies, for fear that I will not be able to evocate through it. Believe it or not, we do not have massive amounts of damage mitigation from cloth. Ice Barrier pre-nerf barely gave us enough time to evocate our health back in a pinch. Now we might as well not use it at all. Rendering an entire of tier of babied-down cookie-cutter talents useless.

I have no problem with the cast time of evocate, coupled with invocation. You have to gain mana back anyway. But a suggestion would be not to make it interuptable.

And before there are jackass comments (which I know there will be) in response to this post; please know that this is not the only class I play. I can play any class I choose to. All that I want is my Ice Barrier back.

As a side note: For the trolls on these forums that are making fun of us for complaining, it was your QQ'ing that caused the nerf in the first place.
Edited by Skulthi on 12/6/2012 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
PLEASE REPORT THE TROLLS AND GET THEM OFF THE FORUMS!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
So after reading the patch notes today, mages were nerfed I believe. I am a new mage can any experienced mages tell me how bad these nerfs are or if its not horrible.

And why the hell wasnt warriors nerfed or even touched. Thats just not right.

Fire went from a fun, top tier competitive DPS spec to a nightmarish RNG mess that struggles to compete with the lower middle of the pack.

That answer your question?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
N-N-N-N-NECRO BREAKER
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
fire isnt as nasty as it was before the new patch..... Im back to frost in PvP : (

I find it more necessary now to stay near the healer
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Fire spec is no longer raid viable. If blizz doesn't fix this by next Tuesday, I'm cancelling my account.

Even though I have the annual pass, I'm just going to remove my payment information. People are saying that will freeze your account just like normal. So annual pass doesn't matter. Blizz doesn't even remove the mount and D3, so you lose nothing.

Maybe next expansion, Blizz won't screw up so badly.

what you paid for is what you have for time--doesnt matter whether you have a payment option or not--it will run out and that will be that. I do it all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
One, why do people feel the need to necro threads that are already 1 and a half months old?

Two,

Fire spec is no longer raid viable. If blizz doesn't fix this by next Tuesday, I'm cancelling my account.

Even though I have the annual pass, I'm just going to remove my payment information. People are saying that will freeze your account just like normal. So annual pass doesn't matter. Blizz doesn't even remove the mount and D3, so you lose nothing.

Why do you keep posting the same thing in multiple threads about the Fire nerf? Nobody cares that you're cancelling your account.
Reply Quote
mages get a semi harsh nerf once in 8years and this is all they do even after this nerf you can't honestly say mages are in a !@#$ position majority of you's are all probably toon jumpers shut up do the world a favor
Edited by Kameltotem on 12/7/2012 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Thanks for the insight not a mage monkey. Your forums are in the other directory.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage

post nerf: essentially single target dps, only 322k damage to anything other than the boss.

12/5/12 - Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 25N (04:57) - 96th percentile - #67 ranked fire mage

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/v7buc58z4n06y3d7/sum/damageDone/?s=7687&e=7985
Edited by Elpadlol on 12/7/2012 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]