A few questions regarding a book of mine.

Greetings fellow writers and fantasy enthusiasts,
I am currently in process of writing a fantasy novel, but I keep on thinking it sounds too much like Warhammer, World of WarCraft, Dungeons and Dragons, etc. Any tips?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Stop thinking of what to write about and write what comes to mind. It tends to follow your personality and who you are. If you think too much, you start to change your style to something that doesn't suit you.

Edit: Also, don't go back and re-read it too often. You'll end up making too many changes, then your plot will seem erratic.

Another Edit: There is nothing you can imagine that can't be imagined. It's unlikely you will find someone who has the same fantasy, but it's possible that you will find a story that resembles yours. Easily.
Edited by Yuki on 10/18/2012 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks, I agree when I try and write from my own mind, I sort of get off topic and then I read it back and I'm like, time to change all of that, so I end up getting nothing done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]