• Tips and Tricks
• Competitive Setups
• Addons
- Gladius
- Tellmewhen
- Losecontrol
• Contributors

*RACE CHOICES*

All 12 races in the game can be warriors. I've narrowed it down to the best three races for each faction and any racial bonuses that directly affect warriors:

o Human

Every Man for Himself frees up a trinket slot otherwise used for your PvP Trinket. If you can get a nice trinket from raiding it can really make a difference. The 3 free expertise when using a sword or mace is nice too.

o Gnome

Escape Artist gets you out of one root. Warriors are constantly sitting in roots which makes this an excellent racial.

o Night Elf

Shadowmeld is a great defensive racial. It completely negates the effects of any harmful ability when used at the same time. Quite difficult to pull this off but it can game-breaking. Enemies also de-target you when this is used.

So if you see a mage pop his cooldowns and cast a Frostbolt at you while you're in a nova, Shadowmeld and he will have to re-target you and re-cast . You also get a 2% reduced chance to get hit by any abilities and some nature resistance.

o Orc

Blood Fury gives you a decent amount of attack power and you get 3 expertise when using an axe. The attack power bonus can be used with your dps trinket, I highly recommend playing this race as horde, the racial bonuses synergize well with the class.

o Blood Elf

Arcane Torrent is a two second AoE silence. Use it to interrupt heals or to get that little bit of lockout you need to finish a caster/healer. This spell shares DR with all other silences.

o Forsaken

Will of the Forsaken gets you out of charm, fear or sleep effect. This shares a 30s cooldown with your PvP trinket.

o Pandaren

Quaking Palm incapacitates a target for 4s unless it takes damage. Not particularly the best racial in arenas, but it has its advantages. (I.e. if the target has a DoT, it will break the stun… but good for a quick hit if you want to interrupt a cast.) Another note: Must be in melee range.

*CRAFTING*

All crafting professions were made to give about 320 of your primary stat before the introduction of epic level gems.

o Jewelcrafting
Access to special gems that give 320 strength: Bold Serpent's Eye Up to two can be used at the same time.

Another gem of note is Stormy River's Heart. It gives 320 PvP Power.

o Alchemy
Access to flask that gives 1000 strength: Flask of Winter's Bite. But this is unusable in Arenas.

o Enchanting
Access to +160 strength on your rings: (Item not found)

o Leatherworking
Access to 130+ strength to bracers: Draconic Embossment Strength

o Inscription
Access to shoulder enchant adds 520 strength and 100 crit rating: Secret Tiger Fang Inscription

o Blacksmithing
Access to two extra gem slots. One on bracers, one on gloves: Socket Gloves and Socket Bracer

o Tailoring
Cloak enchant proc for 1000 attack power: Swordguard Embroidery

o Engineering
Access to 1920 strength proc on gloves: Synapse Springs

If you take any of these 2 professions you should be fine but if you really want that little bit of extra strength you can take blacksmithing for an extra 640 PvP Power. Using two Stormy River’s Heart in the Socket Bracer and Socket Gloves method.

*STAT PRIORITY*

o Stat Priority
3% Hit (1050 Hit Rating) > PvP Power > Strength > Crit/Resilience > Mastery > Haste

o Why PvP Power?
For every socket I would definitely suggest trying to get maximum amount of PvP power. Just try your best to fulfill the PvP power/PvP Resillience to the best of your ability.

o Where's expertise?
Once again, this is a matter of personal preference. I like to play with 6% (2,000 expertise) expertise which makes it so that casters can’t dodge my abilities. However, rogues/ferals/DKs will still be able to parry and dodge.

*GEMS*

Gemming
Red – Bold Primordial Ruby

Yellow – Radiant Wild Jade

Blue - Stormy River's Heart

Meta - Reverberating Primal Diamond

*ENCHANTS*

Head - None (Removed in MoP)
Shoulder - Greater Tiger Fang Inscription
Cloak - Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike
Chest - Enchant Chest - Super Resilience
Bracers - Enchant Bracer - Exceptional Strength
Hands - Enchant Gloves - Super Strength
Legs – Brutal Leg Armor
Boots - Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step
Weapon - Enchant Weapon - Windsong or Living Steel Weapon Chain

*GLYPHS*

In the Prime slots, there isn't too much of a debate as to what glyph to pick, we want:

o Glyph of Gag Order
o Glyph of Hindering Strikes
o Glyph of Death From Above

Minor Glyphs are practically just cosmetic. So chose whatever you’d like.

*SPEC*

o Cookie Cutter Spec
There really isn’t a cookie cutter spec for warriors anymore. It’s all about your playstyle and your team make-up.

This is what I use:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#w!IE|

Staggering Shout or Piercing Howl?
This is personal preference only. Just be ready to have a hamstring ready before using Staggering Shout. Or, if you play with a class that can slow targets (DK, Frost mage, etc) then it will be very viable. Otherwise, Piercing Howl is a great choice as a ranged slow.

Mass Spell Reflection or Safeguard?
Yet again personal preference. Most warriors are using Mass Spell Reflection as a way to ensure Cyclones, sheep, etc. stay off the party and/or yourself.

*MACROS*

One-Shot Macro

#showtooltip
/cast Skull Banner
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Avatar
/use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory
/cast Recklessness
/cast Berserker Rage

The only downside to using this macro, is if you get feared. It puts your Berserker Rage on CD, but it Berserker rage also gives 10% increased physical damage. Also, if you don’t have the Badge of Victory, then take it off of this macro.

“HOLY CRAP I’M ABOUT TO DIE” macro.

/cast Defensive Stance
/equip weapon
/equip shield
/cast Shield Wall
/cast Die by the Sword
/cast Spell Reflection
/cast Mass Spell Reflection
/cast Rallying Cry

Obviously you’re going to want to change the /equips to the name of your one-hander and shield. Make sure you set your weapon as the first of the list. If you keep spamming this macro, it will keep Spell reflection & Mass Spell

Reflection on Cooldown.

Spell Reflection

#showtooltip Spell Reflection

/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance

/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]

/stopcasting

/equip *name of 1h*

/equip *name of shield*

Puts you in defensive stance, equips 1h and shield and spell reflects.

Safeguard Banner
#showtooltip Mocking Banner
/target Mocking Banner
/cast Safeguard
/targetlasttarget
/cast Mocking Banner

Hit the macro, chose the location to put down batter, hit macro again to Safeguard to it.

Gag Order Silence
#showtooltip [target=focus,harm] [] Heroic Throw
/clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Heroic Throw

As soon as arena starts, select the healer, hit the macro to set the focus. Now throughout the arena, it you hit the macro it will silence the healer for 3s. (If it's a druid and he goes stealth, you have to reset your focus)

*DAMAGE/ROTATION*

Damage

Warriors have many changes to them. Recklessness no longer applies additional damage taken. (This is huge).

Bursting as a warrior is all about cooldown management (Deadly Calm, Reck) and smart CS usage. You should always CS and shockwave (to ensure max up-time of !@# beating) before you pop a burst cooldown.

Heroic Strike is off global cooldown and can be used with your other abilities. Continue to use Heroic Strike off cool-down and use CS when it’s available. But keep enough rage for your other abilities.

The same concept applies to Recklessness. Try to use Reck when you have a near full rage bar so that you can use the two Heroic Strikes with your Colossus Smash Debuff.

*TIPS & TRICKS*

• Heroic Leap

o When using Heroic Leap as a gap closer on moving enemy, remember that there is a travel time to it. Lead a bit in front of your target so that you land right on top of them.
o If you really need to land a charge stun on someone you can leap away to get distance from your target, then charge back for the stun. This is especially great for when you throwdown a priest/paladin aura mastery and they trinket. Landing that charge ensures they won’t get that heal off.
o If your healer is having a hard time with healing up-keep and is being smashed by a melee, feel free to Heroic Leap, Intimidating shout, then charge back in on your target.

• Charge

o Focus charging heals is a great way to set healers behind. I don't recommend doing this that often against wizards since you will almost always need charge as a gap closer, but against melee cleave this it can be very effective.
• Intervene

o Battle shout and intervene your healer out of the gates if its a rogue team and try to get him to get into combat as soon as possible. Most rogues don't expect this and they will have sap twice before they can get your healer.
o Use intervene as a gap closer as often as you can. Is your partner on the target but your getting kited? Intervene him and continue to smash his face in. Is your priest going to land a fear on a healer and the dps you want to swap to? Then intervene him to get close.

• Die By The Sword

o Die By The Sword when a you feel the enemy is going to try and burst you.
o Die by the Sword should also be used offensively during your burst against Melee Disarm/Stun teams as a prevention. Yes its an important defensive ability, but to see your entire burst reduced to a disarm will stop your kill.

• Intimidating Shout

o Intimidating Shout is not entirely useless against shamans, you can still use it as another interrupt.
o Intimidating shout now only has a 1 minute cooldown (down from 2 minutes).

• Demo Shout/Thunderclap

o Keep both of these up against melee cleaves, the amount of damages mitigates is significant. Not only does it slow the attack speed by 20% it also reduces energy regeneration (rogues, ferals) and rune regeneration.

*GOOD COMPOSITIONS*

3v3:
War-Hunter-Paladin/Druid/Shaman
War-Mage-Paladin/Druid/Shaman
War-Feral-Paladin/Druid/Shaman

*ADD-ONS*

Gladius - A custom arena party frame addon that shows trinkets, cast bars, DR's etc.

GladiatorlosSA - Sends (via audio) when something significant is used by the enemy. I.e. Cyclone, Sheep, Bubble, Iceblock.

LoseControl - Shows the duration and type of CC on yourself by displaying them in a moveable area onscreen.

*CONTRIBUTIONS*

Neojest – US Lethon
War - Emerald Dream

If you would like to add to this guide in any way please add a comment and I will add you to contributor list when I am finished.

AJ :

http://www.arenajunkies.com/user/38891-romad/
Edited by Neojest on 10/20/2012 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Saved for future posting.
Edited by Neojest on 10/20/2012 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Saved for future posting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Arms PVP = POP RECK+BANNER+AVATAR
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Your glyph selections are VERY wrong.

2 MUST haves:

death from above
gag order

after that you can do: blitz, hinder strikes, enraged speed
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/20/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Neojest
A good way to create pressure while being focused by melee is to improve hamstring

ಠ_ಠ
Reply Quote
60 Undead Warrior
seems like you should stick to pve, i don't think you quite get warriors nowadays...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Fix this or take it down
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I don't think the OP knows what hes talking about. Your main glyph choices are all crap.

Gag order, Hindering Strikes, and Death from Above are the glyphs to choose.

I'd recommend taking down this "guide".

You only have the 1750 arena rating achievement as well, why are you making guides? You should probably be working on getting better yourself, like the rest of us.
Edited by Pulverise on 10/20/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Good attempt but you are way off on multiple aspects of Warrior PVP. Hopefully the community can add comments to help fill errors and holes.

Die by the Sword should be used offensively during your burst against Melee Disarm/Stun teams as a prevention. Yes its an important defensive ability, but to see your entire burst reduced to a HoJ followed up by disarm will stop your kill and force you to trinket and not them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Good attempt but you are way off on multiple aspects of Warrior PVP. Hopefully the community can add comments to help fill errors and holes.

Die by the Sword should be used offensively during your burst against Melee Disarm/Stun teams as a prevention. Yes its an important defensive ability, but to see your entire burst reduced to a HoJ followed up by disarm will stop your kill and force you to trinket and not them.

Thanks for the tip, added to guide.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/20/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Ragedsoul
Fix this or take it down

It's work in progress. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior

HoJ is still a spell and cannot be parried. No idea why you mention it at all.

Sianl
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

HoJ is still a spell and cannot be parried. No idea why you mention it at all.

Sianl

Noted and fixed.
Reply Quote
Safeguard to Mocking Banner Macro
/target Mocking Banner
/cast Safeguard
/targetlasttarget
/cast Mocking Banner

to use: Hit macro / left click to place banner / hit macro again to Safeguard to banner. Useful macro for getting out of snares/roots
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Safeguard to Mocking Banner Macro
/target Mocking Banner
/cast Safeguard
/targetlasttarget
/cast Mocking Banner

to use: Hit macro / left click to place banner / hit macro again to Safeguard to banner. Useful macro for getting out of snares/roots

Added.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Spell Reflection#showtooltip Spell Reflection/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]/stopcasting/equip *name of 1h*/equip *name of shield*

this isn't working for me, maybe i entered it wrong? im really tired of using my macro, and this would just make my spell reflecting less complicated and free up a key
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Spell Reflection#showtooltip Spell Reflection/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]/stopcasting/equip *name of 1h*/equip *name of shield*

this isn't working for me, maybe i entered it wrong? im really tired of using my macro, and this would just make my spell reflecting less complicated and free up a key

Did you ensure you put your weapon and shield are entered correctly? Also ensure that easy "/" is on a separate line.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]