Best race for a monk is...?

(Locked)

90 Draenei Hunter
Hi all !

Looking to roll a monk soon for both horde and alliance, but not sure what race to pick. I raid and bg on both sides of this game so I was thinking the following.

Horde
Blood elf
Troll
Pandaren

Alliance
Night Elf
Human
Pandaren

Going for tank and dps spec for my monk and each 3 look the best, but would like more info.
90 Pandaren Monk
Pandaren, troll, human (have to be human for pvp), orc all seem like good choices.
This is from a PvP perspective, dunno if thats what you want or not.

Horde:
1. Pandaren
2. Orc
3. Forsaken
4. Troll

Alliance:
1. Pandaren
2. Human
3. Dwarf
4. Gnome
90 Draenei Monk
Draenei.

Because we're awesome.

:P
Draenei.

Because we're awesome.

The only reason you like them is because of the way female draenei look, not because of their racials or anything like that. :P
90 Pandaren Monk
My pandaren monk is adorable. Can't wait to hit 90 eventually.
90 Pandaren Monk
double food buffs, and a racial stun...and for leveling panda is PIMP with double xp
90 Undead Monk
Undead = Master race. We kill stuff then we can eat it..C'mon.. who can't resist!
90 Pandaren Monk
Hi all !

Looking to roll a monk soon for both horde and alliance, but not sure what race to pick. I raid and bg on both sides of this game so I was thinking the following.

Horde
Blood elf
Troll
Pandaren

Alliance
Night Elf
Human
Pandaren

Going for tank and dps spec for my monk and each 3 look the best, but would like more info.

Horde PvP:

Forsaken

Horde PvE:

Panda or Orc

Alliance PvP:

Human

Alliance PvE:

Panda
90 Pandaren Monk
At the end of the day I'd go for a race I actually enjoy playing, when I played horde I loved my taurens, now I'm really enjoying my panda and instantly get bored logging onto an alt to loot my farm for the day.
1: Undead
2: Human
3: Orc
Last: Idiotic Pandas
88 Pandaren Monk
Panda the Food racial is just way to good to pass up.In fact i plan to race change every class that can be a panda as time goes by.
90 Draenei Monk
Draenei.

Because we're awesome.

The only reason you like them is because of the way female draenei look, not because of their racials or anything like that. :P

You were saying?
90 Undead Monk
I don't see what all the praise towards pandas is based on. So what you get 300 more base stat in PVE.

At best agility is worth a little over 3 dps per point.
3 * 300 = 900 dps

Undead racial with rsk debuff does around 17k per application.
17k/15 sec icd = 1.1k dps

As for the troll racial it's what 20% haste with 1/18 uptime. So a little over 1% static haste (425 rating which is about 212.5 agi). Mind you it being a cooldown does make it stronger since it can used with trinket procs / other cooldowns. But if you look at monk cooldowns, you'll quickly see we're lacking in that department among others. Mixing with trinket procs is viable, but imo by the time it gets to where doing so would be a huge increase, we'll have so much static haste, that the only benefit from berserking will be the attack speed increase, since we'll easily be energy capping.

Orc racial is 4500 ap @ 1/8 uptime so 562.5 static ap if used on cd. Ap is worth around 1.1 - 1.2 dps per point so around 647 dps.

With bis weps being fist weapons, you can 1% expertise or 340 secondary stats. Even if you manage to turn all of it into haste (which you probably wont) it will be around 486 dps increase.

Resulting in orcs having a 1133 dps increase via racials. (pet racial doesn't work for xuen since he's a guardian) Mind you orc cooldown can be used similarly to trolls, but again it depends on what you're using it with. Even when using it on cooldown it still comes slightly higher than undead (if that)

Overall I say undead if you plan on going horde and both pvp/pve.

As for alliance I haven't really looked too much into it, but night elves have always been strong in pvp with shadowmeld and quickness. Humans obviously also are good in pvp along with pve healing. As for pve I'm expecting fist weapons to be our go-to wep for the entirety of this expansion so expertise racials don't really matter. Making Draenei the top dps race (unless I'm missing something) aside from pandas.
Edited by Briyan on 10/19/2012 7:57 PM PDT
UNDEAD!
25 Undead Monk
KA
There is no other race.......
90 Pandaren Monk
gotta go with Panda. Never say no to Panda.

Draenei.

Because we're awesome.

You know, despite all the flack it takes, I loved GoTN when I played a Draenei.
90 Human Monk
Gnome, obviously. I mean come on. Little midget ninjas rolling around doesn't interest you?
90 Undead Monk
Undead are without the doubt the best DPS monks Touch of Undeath, is arguable the best passive skill of any race in the game equally as good in pvp or pve, to boot the shadow resist and will of the forsakenare both useful in pve or pvp as well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]