Max level toons?

90 Tauren Warrior
Is there anyway there I can see how many level 90s are on horde side on our realm? I was trying to look on warcraftrealms.com but it only seems to go up to level 85 and says our realm doesn't have enough data or something to give an accurate report.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
http://www.wowprogress.com/char_level/us/shandris

Set the scroll down on the right to leveling rather than gear score and such. Never really looked for this information myself so this is about the best I can tell you. Sadly I'm sure this is somewhat dependent on people updating their stuff at least at the guild level.

after scrolling through with the next button I do find it hard to believe over 1800 lvl 90's on the realm but I suppose it could happen. Damn shame most of those are on shared accounts. Just not a lot of individual people on the realm.
Edited by Narakuu on 10/20/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
http://www.wowprogress.com/char_level/us/shandris

Set the scroll down on the right to leveling rather than gear score and such. Never really looked for this information myself so this is about the best I can tell you. Sadly I'm sure this is somewhat dependent on people updating their stuff at least at the guild level.

after scrolling through with the next button I do find it hard to believe over 1800 lvl 90's on the realm but I suppose it could happen. Damn shame most of those are on shared accounts. Just not a lot of individual people on the realm.

I'd believe it, even on the smaller realms theres about 5,000 active players but like 70% of the wow population isn't max level so if it is 1800 lvl 90s the count is quite a bit higher.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/20/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Sub
Since trade chat is linked between Org and Vale, I've been receiving a surprising number of whispers from lv 10 ~ 60 toons asking questions about the game, quests or begging for gold. MoP probably did bring some new people into the game, it'll be interesting how the 90 population looks in a couple months when those players level.

The fact that they bundled WOTLK in with wow probably really helped.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Yeah thanks guys for the info but theres no actual census website anymore? I'd really like to see the actual numbers of how many people on our realm are max level because from all signs its not a lot of people. I see almost every single active raiding guild are recruiting on our realm because of lack of players. Its really sad how much our realm has changed over the last 2-4 years I remember back in wraith days there was an active raiding community on this realm but as of lately its only a very small amount of players actually raiding and downing bosses probably less than 250 horde players on our realm have sucessfully raided I wonder how many total players there are on our realm that are 90s...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
Wouldn't say never, but the last time WoW had near accurate was Vanilla/BC. WoWCensus was quite good for finding info, but then people stopped using the addon.

I'd rephrase that to say there's never been a hundred percent accurate census website. Wish Blizzard would just do it themselves. I mean how hard could that be?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's because for some odd reason a lot of people attribute "playing on Illidan" to mean "really good at the game" because it's the top server in the U.S. Obviously this isn't the case, and just because Illidan has several very solid raiding guilds doesn't mean that if you sit in Org and inspect all the good players that you're good too. But, you hear it quite often; "blah blah blah, and I play(ed) on Illidan, so I should know". For some people, it's a sense of accomplishment just to log into the server. It's very very strange.

Same goes for pvp players and KT and the other top pvp servers. I hear pvp'ers all the time try to justify their lack of pvp rating, and then say "But, I play on KT, so *insert self-esteem booster here*"

I wish they would open up Shandris for free transfers so we could get some fresh blood on the realm. We need a refurbishment pretty badly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It's because for some odd reason a lot of people attribute "playing on Illidan" to mean "really good at the game" because it's the top server in the U.S. Obviously this isn't the case, and just because Illidan has several very solid raiding guilds doesn't mean that if you sit in Org and inspect all the good players that you're good too. But, you hear it quite often; "blah blah blah, and I play(ed) on Illidan, so I should know". For some people, it's a sense of accomplishment just to log into the server. It's very very strange.

Same goes for pvp players and KT and the other top pvp servers. I hear pvp'ers all the time try to justify their lack of pvp rating, and then say "But, I play on KT, so *insert self-esteem booster here*"

I wish they would open up Shandris for free transfers so we could get some fresh blood on the realm. We need a refurbishment pretty badly.

I have never heard anyone brag about playing on Illidan or kt, kt was the pvp hub last season and if they did get a for example 2100 rating on kt, thats like 2300-2400 here due to the amount of gladiators cramming in the 1900+ brackets.

Putting a realm like Shandris on here would piss some people off, I read a while ago about free transfers to alliance Cho'gall because of the lacking in alliance there then when they did get there people complained because OF the lack of players and blizzard screwed them over, for some que times>empty realm.

Area 52 was supposed to have bad que times but I haven't encountered any yet. Might have some tuesday but that's yet to be seen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shandris seems as balanced as it has been for a long while IMO. When faction transfers first went live the Horde side was way over balanced for a while as evidenced by the insane Wintergrasp battles for a while but after some of the big guilds Horde side broke up or transferred it seemed to have balanced out a bit.

This is not a high pop realm and you might have trouble recruiting for a hardcore raiding group or elite pvp team but there seems to be more than enough players to keep the AH running smooth and for the world to feel alive.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/21/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Mavericace
This is not a high pop realm and you might have trouble recruiting for a hardcore raiding group or elite pvp team but there seems to be more than enough players to keep the AH running smooth and for the world to feel alive.

Thats the problem, if you need to pug someone it's incredibly hard compared to Illidan where you get 5 whispers and get to take your pick.

The teams with rosters that don't have at least 2-3 on bench already won't transfer for fear of having not enough and being screwed one day.

A guild like Blood Legion won't transfer because of the Illidan ah being much more balanced out in prices and the fact that they have been there since vanilla.

Some might get sick of the que times and xfer but I doubt there will be too many.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
10/21/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Sub
compared to Illidan where you get 5 whispers and get to take your pick.

...and those 5 players don't know the fights, have gear or want to respect your raid's structure... just like on any other server.

HAHA So damn true!

That was one of my problems on Stormrage. Sure, I could recruit a dime a dozen dps or heals, but finding people who would put in the effort was impossible. Seems to plague almost every server. However, people on Shandris like that don't normally stick their head out the door and yell "Pick me". True, the server has a lower pop so it's not going to get the whispers, but even then it's rare. They'd rather hit a heroic or do an old raid for fun. It's a very "To each their own" server. That's good and bad depending on how you look at it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That would be because the most subpar of players on bg9 put all but the best of the best here to shame. I'd rather be on a high pop realm with higher caliber players than on a low pop with all but a few paling in comparison. I transferred long ago, and am glad all that remains here are alts left to move.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

Thats the problem, if you need to pug someone it's incredibly hard compared to Illidan where you get 5 whispers and get to take your pick.

The teams with rosters that don't have at least 2-3 on bench already won't transfer for fear of having not enough and being screwed one day.

A guild like Blood Legion won't transfer because of the Illidan ah being much more balanced out in prices and the fact that they have been there since vanilla.

Some might get sick of the que times and xfer but I doubt there will be too many.

Borra is right, i have 2 toons on illidan and its not about their realm being "better" or like the other poster said "making you feel like your a better player for playing on illidan" its not about that its about being able to pug decent players without having to wait for HOURS or straight just give up because you know you cant find anything decent on our realm. Illidan isnt an amazing realm because they have a couple really good guilds, they are good because they have over 65,000 players on their realm and can actually recruit people to play with. If you look at our realm every single top raiding guild on horde side is struggling with recruitment. You might say theres too many guilds then, but considering theres less horde guilds right now then there was at any time on our realm does not bode well for progression. And to whomever said theres 3 hour que times on illidan your wrong i been playing there for over 2 years and longest ive ever waited was 15 minutes
Edited by Marduc on 10/23/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/23/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Despotic
That would be because the most subpar of players on bg9 put all but the best of the best here to shame. I'd rather be on a high pop realm with higher caliber players than on a low pop with all but a few paling in comparison. I transferred long ago, and am glad all that remains here are alts left to move.

This, you have no idea how many bad pvpers there are on shandris compared to any other realm I have been to, at least on other realms the bads even know the basics and unless you're someone who takes the initiative and moves past being the best dueler or have played since BC chances are you won't get a high rating on this realm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
10/23/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Borrá

This, you have no idea how many bad pvpers there are on shandris compared to any other realm I have been to, at least on other realms the bads even know the basics and unless you're someone who takes the initiative and moves past being the best dueler or have played since BC chances are you won't get a high rating on this realm.

Have you played on every single server? Both Alliance and Horde?

Otherwise you're talking out your other end. I've been on high pop, low pop, medium pop, pvp, pve, and rp. Shandris is average.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Have you played on every single server? Both Alliance and Horde?

Otherwise you're talking out your other end. I've been on high pop, low pop, medium pop, pvp, pve, and rp. Shandris is average.

I've played Greymane both sides, Tich both sides, Zul'jin both sides, Illidan both sides, and here both sides.

I prefer Tich due to my attitude, but I digress. I disagree with average, especially in regards to pvp. Not one team had T2 on this server.

As far as pve, as stated multiple times, I can PUG pretty much anything elsewhere. I get more than one whisper when advertising and it rarely takes more than 30 minutes. If one turns out to be bad, I can kick and replace. How likely is that here? I can tell you, it takes forever and you're lucky to not lose half your raid.

[quote]It's because for some odd reason a lot of people attribute "playing on Illidan" to mean "really good at the game" because it's the top server in the U.S. Obviously this isn't the case, and just because Illidan has several very solid raiding guilds doesn't mean that if you sit in Org and inspect all the good players that you're good too. But, you hear it quite often; "blah blah blah, and I play(ed) on Illidan, so I should know". For some people, it's a sense of accomplishment just to log into the server. It's very very strange.

... It's because they actually are. Look at the rankings. Filter through Emberstorm's top 100 and Bloodlust's. BG queue does prioritize battlegroup still, it's just not AS high a priority/a must anymore. I've free casted like a champ against your warriors, dks and other melee. And to go ahead and clear the air, in AV with you I've Sapped a melee > Cheapshotted another > redirected to Kidney shotted a caster > blinded another > shadowdance to sap a last then vanish smokebomb focused a healer all in the span of 5 seconds right in front of you. I'm far from amazing, but that doesn't happen here.
Edited by Despotic on 10/23/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]