Ancient Guo-Lai Cache Key - Daily Maximum??

90 Human Rogue
Alright I farmed 5 of these keys relatively quickly about 10 minutes or so between each key. After that I farmed for about an hour and a half and didn't get one key...

Either I got really lucky with the first 5 and it was just a coincidence or Blizzard has capped the amount of keys you can get each day?

It would make sense so people don't farm them until they are exalted with Golden Lotus...

Anyone else had similar findings?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've only ever had 3 keys, mostly because I don't bother actively looking for them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
They are just a very uncommon item.

I killed something like 11k guys in a grindfest so I could get Alani the Sunday after release, and walked away with about 65 keys.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I believe it is recent Malm, people have reported they noticed the drop rate slow down. I think Blizzard stealth nerfed drop rate or capped it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I believe it is recent Malm, people have reported they noticed the drop rate slow down. I think Blizzard stealth nerfed drop rate or capped it.

That's not a word, that's a last name bro! Don't bring IKEA on this either!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Notamonk
90 Pandaren Monk
For Hire
Where do the chests actually spawn? I got 3 of these keys yesterday just doing dailies and was wondering about them..

Also,

the vaults in Mogu'shan palace.. where do the keys drop for those?

The chests spawn in the underground area in the north west corner of the Vale.

You need to be honored to enter? and revered to access the other rooms where the chests may be.

They keys drop from all mobs in the vale.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I've found 1 key. In the past like...2 weeks. Game hates me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well, they're Guo-Lai Cache keys...so I'd assume you'd go to the Guo-Lai Ruins in the NW corner of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. At least, that's where I used my keys. Maybe you'll have better luck finding the chests somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

the vaults in Mogu'shan palace.. where do the keys drop for those?

Ancient Mogu Key Drop off of some mobs in Mogu'shan palace.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]