Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I have found a couple articles, but everything I seem to find is rather outdated and since I am not at home to test things out I figured I could pester you folks. So, here we go...
1. Is it possible to view my lockouts for both raids and heroics, if so, how?
2. I normally use the 'Random Heroic' option as I am quite broke and every little bit of gold helps, using this option, does the client automatically filter out heroics for which I can no longer receive any loot?
Any help is appreciated, thank you.
just saw this after I posted: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933835555
Does this mean that all raid timers reset on Tuesdays, even if your last raid was on Monday?
Edited by Ingleburt on 10/23/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Look at your in-game calendar or type /raidinfo
Are you talking about 5-man. On random Looking for Dungeon, 5-man lockouts are ignored. The lock out only prevents you from specifically queuing for that instance. Reason being (and this is a Wrath example), there was a dungeon that dropped a tank shield. So tanks would specific queue for it, but not other dungeons thus making queues longer. IF tank wants second chance in a day, they have to Random and hope they get the dungeon they needed.
Additionally, Heroic Raid lockouts work differently than non-heroic raid lockouts. Once you join a heroic raid you are locked to that instance at that boss. Any bosses you "skipped" are undoable for the rest of the week.
You get a lockout-ID to use to finish off the raid later if you can't complete it in one day. HOwver, if a raid has 6 bosses and you kill 3, and have to drop raid. The rest of the raid can replace you and finish the raid and you'll go in next time and see 6/6 dead.
Non-heroic raids only save you if you actually down the boss. And you are flex saved, meaning if you killed bosses 1-3 and leave raid you can then find a new raider later in teh week to down bosses 4 through 6 (but can't enter a raid that isnt' cleared to boss 4 (or everyone else in the raid also needs to skip bosses 1-3.
Edited by Jåy on 10/23/2012 10:55 AM PDT
1. Yes. Look at the calendar in-game to see when your active raid lockouts expire. You can also type "/raidinfo" to see your list of active lockouts.
2. No. You cannot be locked out of loot from heroic dungeons, only locked out of running them. You're only locked out of raid boss loot every week once you kill the boss.
All raid timers reset on Tuesday during server maintenance, though some older raids reset every three days.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.