Alani Mount

90 Troll Druid
Just curious why Blizzard is making this mount such a chore to obtain?

Skyshards x10

I agree with, as this limits the *Spawn Camping* theory that has been implemented in the past. (Seeing Alani isn't really a rare spawn....she re-pops very soon after being killed)

Order of the Cloud Serpent : Exalted

Again, I agree as obviously you need the riding skill for Serpents.

August Celestials: Exalted

I do not understand this requirement at all. It's one of the hardest reputations to reach Exalted with, and frankly, would take the average WoW player months to achieve.

If this was some entirely unique Mount in graphics, then perhaps I could understand the time-sink involved to obtain it. But its simply a re-skin of the easier to obtain serpents.

SO what gives Blizz?
Edited by Vexx on 10/23/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's the new Time-Lost/Aeonaxx. Both of those were simply recolors. Honestly this system is a lot better. It promotes actually doing something other than sitting and waiting on a spawn.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Time Lost Proto Nor Aeonaxx required exalted reputations to use no?

As i said. 1 of the 2 reputation requirements I see, paired with the hours of farming to obtain the Sky Crystal, I agree with.

Reputation with August Celetial Faction that has otherwise nothing to do with Alani, makes 0 sense.
Edited by Vexx on 10/24/2012 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This is why Alani requires August Celestials rep to ride.

(From WoWWiki:)

Loh-Ki, a pandaren found the top of Ruins Rise, tells Alani's story when asked:

Legends tell of a great battle that took place in this very vale, turning the golden fields to crimson with the blood of many brave monks. The armies of Lei Shen the Thunder King, emperor of the mugu, fought brutally, but were eventually overcome.

For days following the fall of Lei Shen, the vale was shrouded in a cloud of the deepest black. Summoned by Lei Shen in his final moments, the otherworldly storm blanketed the vale with rainfall and struck jagged spears of lightning into the hills.

The blood of of the fallen was washed away by the storm and carried to Whitepetal Lake, turning the waters to a deep red. With its final breath, the storm struck the center of the lake, igniting the very water itself. The lake burned with a crimson hue for many days.

When the blaze subsided, a cloud serpent hatchling could be seen flying around the center of the lake. Its scales sparked with storm and fire, and where it flew, great clouds formed in the sky. My people named it Alani, the Stormborn.

(That pandaren is a member of the August Celestials, if it wasn't obvious.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Shado-Pan is the hardest. August just takes FOREVER because it's gated behind Revered Golen Lotus and there are only like 4 quest a day for them when you do unlock it.

Personally I think it was a stupid move to put that requirement in.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It's a chore because it's supposed to be hard to get.

They don't want every yahoo to have one right away.

To be honest I prefer this system.

Getting it requires some work over dumb luck, which I don't have much of.
Edited by Morgam on 10/24/2012 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's a chore because it's supposed to be hard to get.

They don't want every yahoo to have one right away.

To be honest I prefer this system.

Getting it requires some work over dumb luck, which I don't have much of.

I agree that it shouldn't be hard to get. But seriously? The rate of gaining Exalted with AC + 10 Skyshards is ....a little over the top imo.

Oh well, not that anything is going to change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]