Monks feel so weak ..why ?

1 Human Rogue
I have been questing and doing dungeons and such . Monks are so weak compared to other classes . Why even bother making a new dps class when your just going to make them so weak ? I guess the tank side is ok and the healing is really good . Im mostly talking dps why do you think they made the dps so weak on a new class ? So a lot of people would not finsihing leveling them ? ....Maybe they will buff the later ?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Eh?

Every monk I've run with has been balls to the wall insane.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
WW is a little low on the DPS side at endgame, the sims and collection of logs clearly show them being out damaged by a lot of the other DPS specs, however, I don't think it is the lowest, IIRC there are a few specs performing lower than WW.
5.1, last I read, had no fixes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some small buffs to damage before it was released.
But I'm a mistweaver, I don't care!
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
10/18/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Erras
My only complaint is that Monks tend to be noticeable harder to heal than any other class when tanking. This is every monk that I have run with. I'm not sure if I've gotten nothing but undergeared monks or if there really is a weakness there.

Yeah im not sure either because well im not max level but at lower levels monks are the easiest class to heal because they do some self healing in combat it must change at max level ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
My only complaint is that Monks tend to be noticeable harder to heal than any other class when tanking. This is every monk that I have run with. I'm not sure if I've gotten nothing but undergeared monks or if there really is a weakness there.

haven't tanked on it, but from what I've read, it seems like it's easy to screw up and take a lot of damage if you aren't using the mitigation CDs properly to increase and clear stagger damage at the right times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Yea thats my only problem so far, they tank like gummy bears.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

I'd say it's about the only tanking class that requires actual practice.

Keeping the defensive buffs up for a monk tank comes from using their dps abilities, like Blackout Kick. And it's probably impossible to keep the buffs up 100% of the time, especially if you run into resource starvation issues.

And on top of that, every Monk spec has a different "brew" mechanic....and they all function fundamentally differently, with the Brewmaster's giving evasion.
Reply Quote
49 Draenei Monk
Try pushing the buttons faster... or at all!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/18/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Erras
On the other hand, the monk healer we have in guild is rocking out the heals, especially considering he is the least geared healer.

Yeah, Monk is currently the strongest healer. We got hit with a big nerf not long ago, and we're still on top. The downside is that it seems to be harder to manage mana as a mistweaver than other healers.
Reply Quote
I can count on one hand the number of Heroics now that I haven't been the top DPS. Leveling was a cakewalk as well with some Heirlooms. I'm averaging 38-40k in Heroics, single target. We are far from weak.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
WW is a little low on the DPS side at endgame, the sims and collection of logs clearly show them being out damaged by a lot of the other DPS specs, however, I don't think it is the lowest, IIRC there are a few specs performing lower than WW.
5.1, last I read, had no fixes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some small buffs to damage before it was released.
But I'm a mistweaver, I don't care!

Dimes to donuts they're not clearing their stagger damage, keeping guard up, and taking advantage of healing spheres.

I don't take a lot of damage when I tank and do it right(not derp on avoidable damage, etc).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/18/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Woogum
I can count on one hand the number of Heroics now that I haven't been the top DPS. Leveling was a cakewalk as well with some Heirlooms. I'm averaging 38-40k in Heroics, single target. We are far from weak.

That's heroics though.

Raids can be quite different.
And I hate how little I can do about kiting things as a Windwalker.
Edited by Gerart on 10/18/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Well, you are Hybrid classes. If you could do the same DPS as a pure DPS class we would have issues.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
What level is your Monk OP? Are you wearing any heirlooms? Are you talking about feeling weak in dungeons or questing?

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
I think blizz is taking a more moderate approach to this new class after the circus that was DK's at release.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]