Mage class going to suck (Patch 5.1 nerfs)

90 Undead Mage
This post is about the new patch 5.1 regarding the nerfs (i know this belongs to the mage forums but gonna post it here anyway to let BLIZZARD have a chance to look at it)

•The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.
•Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown. This cooldown is reduced by spell haste.
•Ring of Frost and Deep Freeze now have a 45 second cooldown (was 30 seconds).
•Combustion's periodic damage is now based only on the current Ignite, instead of both Ignite and Pyroblast. Damage has been increased to bring it up to approximately the same level as before.

From a playable class to a downright crappy class that have trouble PVP and PVE , im not going to mention about the crappy level 90 talents that can be improved but this is totally absurd. I have been playing the mage class for a long time now (classic rank 10 PVP player) i know the PVP style well enough and i understand there are nerfs and buffs here and there but this is too much adding cooldowns to pyroblast etc , i know in classic pryo had a 1 min cooldown but that was when other classes do not have much defense as they have now , im again trying to get my other fellow mages to be aware of the mage current state now although its still in the PTR stage.The patch notes itself already stated all the nerfs we received so i do not have to emphasize on the points what and how we are affected.

Purpose of this post is to let mages all over know of our current play state( thats why its a forum) so all other classes that are non mages go comment on your class forums and not on other classes forums as this forum page is a MAGE forum, do not come here and try to be funny by "feeding on our tears" or explain to us why we need to be nerf , we do not need that as YOU do not play a mage means YOU know nothing about our class, THE END. We mages need to let blizzard know of our play state else the nerf is inevitable so we need more forum postings of our play state and see if any developer happen to see our post as blizzard themself stated they listen to their customers.

Again we do not have to be overpowered just make us balanced example nerfing damage on pryo is acceptable but adding a cooldown to it is ridiculous , might as well add a cooldown to fireball. The nerf is in no way balancing our class , it is just making it harder to play which is in contradiction to blizzard new style of making things simpler. We are already a paper armor class that have no heals unless you spec it or glyphed it unlike other similar armored classes that can heal no matter what spec. So mages all around spread the word so BLIZZARD can take notice of this issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Whats wrong with this guy? I love my mage getting nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/19/2012 02:10 AMPosted by Shikril
Whats wrong with this guy? I love my mage getting nerfed.

I'm nerfing you with my eyes
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've no desire to play frost or arcane on my mages, if my dps suffers too much I'll just bench them. *sigh* Guess it's good I was planning to play my druid. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
<Generic post about Tier 6 talents being crappy and unchanged>

I can't even count how many of those comments I've posted today
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Minor adjustments are not the end of the world for us. We've had it good lately, just calm down.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Clam down.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
ya clam down, like fish said. Your going to be fine.
Reply Quote
More PvP adjustments !@#$ing over PvE.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
10/19/2012 03:16 AMPosted by Nowipe
ya clam down, like fish said. Your going to be fine.

I don't believe they'll be fine, but clam down either way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/19/2012 03:19 AMPosted by Arcanu
More PvP adjustments !@#$ing over PvE.

Mmmhmm, makes ya love pvp even more eh?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Whew, maybe now everyone will stop telling me "Go fire, go fire, go fire, fire is the best, fire is awesome, you should be fire, why aren't you fire, good mages are fire, you need to be fire..."

10/19/2012 03:21 AMPosted by Batmonishere
And the nerfs to arcane have not even been mentioned. Arcane is the worst spec for both PvE and PvP, it blows my mind that it is being nerfed even more.

Well, poop. :(
Edited by Cindyanne on 10/19/2012 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/19/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Cindyanne
Whew, maybe now everyone will stop telling me "Go fire, go fire, go fire, fire is the best, fire is awesome, you should be fire, why aren't you fire, good mages are fire, you need to be fire..."

funny, in early cata it was "go arcane"
Reply Quote
I'd very much like it if Ice Barrier just gave less damage absorption in PvP. As a person who plays primarily melee and is now trying to level a caster, I've found it to be a great way to bridge the gap and ease the confusion of not just charging in and whacking things, and lower absorption on Ice Barrier negatively affects questing just as much as it helps to balance PvP.
Edited by Tanedara on 10/19/2012 3:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Deep Freeze and Frost Barrier taking a hit like that is going to really hurt with grinding and doing dailies. Mobs already strip the shield away pretty fast, now it's just gonna be a !@#$% and adding 15 seconds to Deep Freeze just adds more pain to the pile.

Things get adjusted all the time, but after 7 years of playing I am getting really ^-*!ing tired of PvE being twisted to fit into PvP. I mean, that cry goes unheeded by Blizzard of course but it doesn't make it any less annoying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]