Conquest Point Cap Clarification

(Locked)

Community Manager
There has been some confusion lately regarding how Conquest Points are intended to be capped by the way that they’re earned. Conquest Point caps are divided into three categories.

• Rated Battlegrounds – The default Conquest Point cap for Rated Battlegrounds is set at 1650, and this can be raised with an increased Rated Battlegrounds rating. This cap is higher by default to reflect the greater challenges presented by organizing and participating in Rated Battlegrounds.
  • Arenas – The default Conquest Point cap for Arenas is 1350, and this can be increased by earning a higher Arena Team rating.
  • Random Battlegrounds – The default Conquest Point cap for points earned from doing Random Battlegrounds is actually dependent on the other two. It will rise to match whichever of the other two Conquest Point caps is lower. For example: if a player does no Rated Battlegrounds, but has raised their weekly Conquest Point cap to 2000 via a high Arena Team Rating, then the Random Battlegrounds cap will be 1650 to match the cap provided by Rated Battlegrounds.

It’s important to note that this is not a recent change. This capping system has been in place since World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch 4.2. A recent hotfix resolved an issue that allowed players to gain Conquest Points via random Battlegrounds up to the higher of the two point caps, which was not intended.
90 Human Mage
10/23/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Daxxarri
A recent hotfix resolved an issue that allowed players to gain Conquest Points via random Battlegrounds up to the higher of the two point caps, which was not intended.

It was like that for all of cata though. Why not just leave it? Not sure if you have noticed but getting into a successful RBG group is very tough. Let alone on a PVE server. I am aware you can do them cross server (unless that has changed). Random battlegrounds were the only way to get that 1650 cap to some.
90 Human Paladin
RBG's are alot easier than arena, how is it fair on the classes/specs that no one wants in RBG's, e.g Ret Pally ? Its a huge chunk of PVP content that we are excluded from. And there for only have arena to get to a higher conquest cap. Not only class/specs that no one wants and will never take. How about those with a limited window?

How is this not just giving RBG only viable classes an advantage?

I came back to MOP with SoR looking forward to RBG's. First finding out rets are excluded from them. Then finding out if i dont progress in a high arena rating, i will never cap my conq points. Its a mighty effort just to get into a RBG group to just get the cap, and when i say mighty effort i mean spamming chat for days on end until others get desperate to actually sacrifice a spot and take a ret pally to fill it.

Why is it better giving ONLY RBG Viable classes a better chance at capping conquest points? And excluding a good portion of other class/specs.

Sub is cancelled. Sigh.

PS. If this has been a bug for this long? is this a representation on how much attention is actually paid to PVP? Not to mention class balance... thats another story..
Edited by Abigdeal on 10/23/2012 11:04 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
Way to go Blizzard!
90 Human Warlock
I wish you would have left it alone Blizz.
2 Tauren Paladin
It was better the "bugged" way. :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oz
It's great that you clarified.

It's great that you hotfixed something that has been "broken" since firelands...

But care to comment on why make a move that seems not only unpopular, but inconsistent with the entire premiss of WoW being friendly to those who have limited windows to play in?

I haven't seen a RBG formed on Uldaman since cata, it just doesn't seem like something many people enjoy.
Sorry Dax but fixing something as trivial as this when there is blatant pvp Issues that still remain tells the community as a whole. that your PVP team literally and utterly has Zero Clue.

Do something that takes away even more subscribers while your losing more subscribers do to Imbalance.

/facepalm.
90 Human Warlock
I don't understand why you would bother taking the rhetorical position that this is not a recent change. It's been that way forever, literally since RBGs came out in season 9. I don't really care that much myself, because this will keep the RBG ques down, but it is imposing a great inconvenience on people who can't get an RBG group together and don't arena seriously.

Not getting your arena cap isn't fun. You've just deliberately imposed a serious barrier to getting the cap for many players. Whether that was a new decision or a very late bug fix doesn't really matter. It's been that way forever, and (unless your really going to tell me none of you arena), you've been aware of it forever. You made the decision to do it, and players want to know why. Why is it better for the game if you have to do RBGs for the sub 1550 cap?

You don't need to fix what isn't broken, even if its the result of a bug.
Edited by Esseldrin on 10/23/2012 11:05 AM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
It’s important to note that this is not a recent change. This capping system has been in place since World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch 4.2. A recent hotfix resolved an issue that allowed players to gain Conquest Points via random Battlegrounds up to the higher of the two point caps, which was not intended.

What's important to note is that we have only known the version where you could cap without RBG's and requiring RBG's to cap each week doesn't make any sense. You give the highest PvE currency for planting 1 single vegetable, you don't even harvest it, yet in order to cap on the highest PvP currency you require us to get a group of 9 other people all with gear and coordination.

It just doesn't make any sense.
85 Draenei Shaman
This game just gets more and more confusing as it goes on.
90 Goblin Mage
What a joke, and yes, it was a recent change.You just have a sad exscuse of "it took months to hotfix".
The issue that you are missing with your post is this. My conquest points that I earn from arenas are now counting toward my cap for Rbgs. My Rbg points that I earn are counting toward arena. They should be separate like they always have been. Thats the problem thats not being addressed here. Random Battlegrounds isnt the problem.

Example is the best way to describe.

Say you had a 2k RBG cap and an 1800 Arena cap.

So you can max your points out at 2k for the week.

You used to be able to get say 1950 points from Rbgs... now yes you are over your 1800 cap for arena but this is how your old currency would look.

edit: In before I get crap about.. I know those values wouldnt happen with the pts you earn from victories :)

1950/2000 RBG
0/1800 ARENA

So you could still get the last 50 points from ARENA.

Now it sucks bc when I do Rbgs first my arena cap fills up, so it would look like this.

1950/2000 RBG
1800/1800 ARENA

Yet I havent done arena yet.......

I hope you understand my complaint there. The conquest caps are intertwined now, instead of how they always have been. Separate depending on what you have done.
Edited by Jakxlol on 10/23/2012 10:23 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
[quote]
You give the highest PvE currency for planting 1 single vegetable, you don't even harvest it, yet in order to cap on the highest PvP currency you require us to get a group of 9 other people all with gear and coordination.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Actually that particular daily only gives a fortune coin, not VP...just saying.

Carry on
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/23/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Magifrey
What a joke, and yes, it was a recent change.You just have a sad exscuse of "it took months to hotfix".

Just like how they forgot / messed up resetting MMR.

"Last min decision" lol.

Kudos on the great Quality Assurance.
There has been some confusion lately regarding how Conquest Points are intended to be capped by the way that they’re earned. Conquest Point caps are divided into three categories.

• Rated Battlegrounds – The default Conquest Point cap for Rated Battlegrounds is set at 1650, and this can be raised with an increased Rated Battlegrounds rating. This cap is higher by default to reflect the greater challenges presented by organizing and participating in Rated Battlegrounds.
  • Arenas – The default Conquest Point cap for Arenas is 1350, and this can be increased by earning a higher Arena Team rating.
  • Random Battlegrounds – The default Conquest Point cap for points earned from doing Random Battlegrounds is actually dependent on the other two. It will rise to match whichever of the other two Conquest Point caps is lower. For example: if a player does no Rated Battlegrounds, but has raised their weekly Conquest Point cap to 2000 via a high Arena Team Rating, then the Random Battlegrounds cap will be 1650 to match the cap provided by Rated Battlegrounds.

For further clarification, earlier in the MoP development, it was discussed that players should be able earn conquest and valor points by participating in their preferred method of game play, and I do believe you guys talked about providing conquest points from dailies and scenarios.

At this point, I've decided to give up on high level pvp because you still can't get it right. It's much more enjoyable to play low level characters (and not have to spend 3 months updating gear for them every new season).

High level pvp rewards just aren't worth the time investment, especially whey they are at best temporary items which are going to be replaced every 6 months. You should just remove the rated pvp aspect of this game and relocate it to the arena realms, charging people extra to play it.

I don't see the point of doing that anyway in addition to rated pvp on the live servers where people will inevitably sell carries and exploit MMR.
90 Human Death Knight
Blizzard fixing what isnt broken nothing new here just like the hotfix to the quick and the dead "bug"..
90 Human Death Knight
PvPers get the shaft again? How new and original. Thanks Blizzard.
Edited by Cthulhu on 10/23/2012 10:32 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
With the cap system you are suggesting, there is no reason to bother with an RBG team is there? Getting 9 guys together, and geared under that system would take longer than the attention span most BG players are capable of mustering. You have instances, and quests to get gear to do harder instances. You do heroics to get gear to do raids. For PvP gear you do BGs and get enough CPs for what? One item per week? Then what? The season restarts and you do it all over again.
It also seems that you are punishing Arena players for not doing RBGs, and the RBG players for not doing Arenas. Unless you are doing both, successfully your cap is always going to be lower than you deserve.
Edited by Astues on 10/23/2012 10:38 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
10/23/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Repins
What's important to note is that we have only known the version where you could cap without RBG's and requiring RBG's to cap each week doesn't make any sense. You give the highest PvE currency for planting 1 single vegetable, you don't even harvest it, yet in order to cap on the highest PvP currency you require us to get a group of 9 other people all with gear and coordination.

The "highest PvE currency" doesn't buy you the highest quality PvP gear. The "highest PvP currency" buys you the highest quality PvP gear.

Honestly they should remove conquest points from battlegrounds all together. Why should someone be able to purchase the top quality PvP gear simply because they can afk through a couple of random battlegrounds? If you can only manage to do random battlegrounds, then you should only be able to get the random battleground quality gear (honor gear). Just like people who can only manage to do LFR can't get heroic quality raiding gear.

People need to stop asking for free gear.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]