Old school raid run Tuesday 8pm server

90 Human Warlock
Vex
Starting with AQ10/25 then going from there depending on group size. Possibly 10m Wrath Content, possible BT/Hjyal, who knows!. In addition, a dedicated few of us will be doing this each week about this time. For all you casuals without a raid schedule, here is your chance to be part of something complete average!

Nothing will be reserved, regardless of what is run. Being we will be mostly strong-arming the content, requirements really only are that you still have a pulse and know how to autoattack things that try and kill us.

Contact me or Capt for an invite. This is a speed achievement/rep run so 85+ only.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
pretty sure you can solo everything from vanilla-wotlk now at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Vex
You are correct. But for a group of people looking to accomplish the same goal in a fraction of the time, I present the option above.

Not to mention, several boss mechanics STILL cannot be strongarmed by a single player in average gear, or take a REALLY long time to strong arm (see: Twin Emps or C'thun).

Also, having a consistent group of people to run these weekly will make the rep grinds for factions like Ashtongue Deathsworn, Brood of Nozdromu, etc considerably less stressful.

Finally, not everyone has a bunch of super friends (shattered & friends) that will run any content with them at the drop of the hat. As someone who has been on a server with nobody to call on for help, trying to get a pug together for some of this old content can be quite frustrating. That isn't even factoring in that most runs with any legendary components seem to always have those things on reserve, negating the desire for many people to join such runs.

Thank you, however, for your valuable feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
OWNED
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
ACTUALLY twin emps was soloable by ret pallys and prot warriors during cata. You just had to outdps the heal from the emps. Since pretty much everyone has a heal now, and your damage got upgraded, twin emps is completely soloable by pretty much every class. C'thun is also soloable if you pull... that worm boss into c'thuns room. you get ported out of c'thuns belly before he 1shots you. you can either make a macro to insta kill the tentacles when you get ported down, or just slowly kill c'thun.

i'm drunk, please !@#$ me with a ham sandwhich.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Vex
I do 50k DPS single target and can do ~1% of C'thun's HP per minute using the "drag other boss" method.

Not sure how your day to day schedule looks like, but spending 100+ minutes killing a digital bad guy from 5+ years ago isn't something I have time for, especially when there are other willing to show up and help me punch him in the face for about 40sec instead.

Also, just because you can find 1 guy who succeed, doesn't mean it is doable by the masses.

By your logic, anyone trying to do ulduar, icecrown, TK, BT, Naxx, ToC, etc etc is completely stupid for not having a Blood DK in amazing gear since they can solo that stuff. Most of the <Max Lvl Class> vs <boss name> involve 1 time occurrences using gimmick mechanics, simply to prove "this CAN be done. I suppose all the guilds killing Gruul back in BC should probably be ridiculed since that 1 rogue did the fight with the help of a few ppl. Why bring 25 when you can succeed with 4?

"Hurr durr Mionelol did that by himself. Mb u should l2p, scrub."

Feasable ≠ Ideal

Rather than troll my forum in an obvious attempt to appear as elitist as you think you are, maybe just refrain from typing posts that have no point, and contribute nothing to the topic at hand.

Again though, I really like hearing your feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Whoa Holtzmann just got slammed by this guy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
dannnnnnnnnnnnnng
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/24/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Emp
Whoa Holtzmann just got slammed by this guy.

he sounds mad that I would even have the audacity to suggest he solo the content.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Vex
That is quite the opposite. In fact, I actually credited you with being correct. It is absolutely possible to solo most pre-90 content now. As a warlock with a nearly indestructible voidwalker, I know all too well. The fact you assume I am mad about your suggestion is a bit silly, and quite honestly a pretty desperate stretching of the facts at hand.

What I also know, is that soloing much of this old content will prevent me from doing certain achievements, take considerably longer, present unnecessary complexity, and benefit ONLY myself.

Again, I would recommend you carefully read my original post, as I make no mention nor give any semblance to the idea that I was looking for help in doing this content, but rather quite the opposite - provide help to those that cannot do this stuff themselves, or those that are like me who merely want to grind out some faction rep as fast as possible.

Being 90 and part of progression guild, I would assume you of all people would understand the value of quality of time spent over quantity of time spent.

edit: who gives a !@#$ about an oxford comma
Edited by Partydown on 10/24/2012 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I don't like the cut of your jib.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
That one might leave a mark.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Greetings Joline

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderlord/Lucilla/simple

Carry on !
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Vex
Greetings Joline

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderlord/Lucilla/simple

Carry on !

Other than bad trolling, not sure I understand the reason for posting on 2 different toons, Riketycrikit

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Riketycrikit/advanced
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Vex
Hi there. By all means, do carry on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Potatoe has wished for me to inform you that he will kill you soon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/25/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Partydown
Other than bad trolling, not sure I understand the reason for posting on 2 different toons, Riketycrikit

because fatmac likes posting too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Vex
Oh noes!
Reply Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Hmm...reminds me of a few people that like to troll this forum.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Hmm...reminds me of a few people that like to troll this forum.

I ain't gonna read no book learnin' bull !@#$. if my mamma didnt teach it to me then it ain't worth learnin'.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]