Scroll of Resurrection and Refer a Friend

90 Blood Elf Priest
I have brought 2 friends into WoW with both Scroll of Resurrection and a Refer a Friend and both have since upgraded to a full paid account. Two things are still missing, I haven't gotten any of my rewards for them upgrading and paying and the Refer a friend account still is not able to do full account things, like trade items, but can join guilds. Should I open an ingame ticket, just wait, or can these things be resolved here?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
On the RaF, you only become eligible for the rewards once they actually pay for game time on their upgraded account. Free time does not count as paid time to be eligible. A freshly upgraded account also takes up to 72 hours before the payment for the upgrade fully processes and the remaining trial restrictions beyond leveling and professions gets lifted. If they set up a subscription on the account, they do not get charged until all the free time is used up.
Edited by Flatspriest on 10/19/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/19/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Drfeelgood
I haven't gotten any of my rewards for them upgrading and paying

If they added a subscription instead of prepaid time you'll need to wait until they are actually charged, both the scroll and RAF come with some free time. If you want rewards now you might want to consider asking them to either buy a time card at a store, or prepaid time from the Blizzard store.

10/19/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Drfeelgood
Refer a friend account still is not able to do full account things, like trade items, but can join guilds.

Accounts that are upgraded digitally can take up to 72 hours for all of the restrictions to be lifted. You can level past 20 right away, but most of the social restrictions stay in place until the payment clears.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I have my main account and a side account that I use for a main account I linked them together about 4months backs I was wondering I never proceeded in paying for gametime on side account which is the raf account so my main account never got the rewards if I was to go in and pay for it now would I still receive the rewards even though a grace period of 4months has passed?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Zeuqram
I have my main account and a side account that I use for a main account I linked them together about 4months backs I was wondering I never proceeded in paying for gametime on side account which is the raf account so my main account never got the rewards if I was to go in and pay for it now would I still receive the rewards even though a grace period of 4months has passed?

The subscription rewards for the Recruit a Friend promotion do not currently have an expiration date, so while the in-game benefits (i.e. triple experience, friend summoning ability, etc...) only last for 90 days the subscription rewards are granted whenever they are fulfilled.

So, if you and the secondary account are linked through the Recruit a Friend promotion and you add 30 or 60 days of game time the recruiting account will then receive the associated benefits (i.e. 30 days of game time and/or the special mount).

Edit: Ravenhawke, though the advice to create a new thread instead of resurrecting an older one is accurate, please don't let that be your only statement.

If you can provide advice to the person posting regarding the issue they are asking about please do, then include a "by the way, keep an eye on the date of the thread. If it is more than a day or so old you might want to create a new one".
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/4/2013 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
ty very much for this information you're a lifesaver
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Druid
Can you send more than one Scroll of Resurrection?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Greggorio
Can you send more than one Scroll of Resurrection?

Yes. The following quote is from the Scroll of Resurrection FAQ.

Is there a limit on the number of Scroll of Resurrection invitations that I can send out?

There is a limit of one Scroll of Resurrection invitation per day per World of Warcraft license on both the web and in-game, so you may send a total of two per day using both options. There is no limit on the number of lifetime Scroll of Resurrection invitations that a license can send.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]