Mote of Harmony Farming Hotspot

90 Human Warrior
Reading several blogs and forums on good locations for farming motes. I have noticed that in some point of every article someone claims Blizzard is nerfing these locations because of those reports. Has anyone considered that the "prime spots" may randomly move by the hour or day,intentionally?? I mean that would make more sense than a team of Blizzard employees trolling websites,blogs and forums to find out where hotspots are being found so they can nerf them. It's also something that could be written in the game's code,set in motion and forgotten about instead of constantly being manual changed and maintained. I just don't see Blizzard wasting time and money employing ""mote police""!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Weepae
Good Luck to My Alliance Brethren! For horde go to HELL fire Peninsula! :D

Ultimate loser.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Interesting observeation- Bliz says report any violations but Blizard Corp suits are the biggest violators of all.- I told them before that Atari/Activision 8 bit game programing is BS- you know just dont drop need stuff- Set the agro to draw at least 3 + bots at 90+ and wave after wave of them. Just slow down play so your hooked for an another month.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/15/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Salguod
Reading several blogs and forums on good locations for farming motes. I have noticed that in some point of every article someone claims Blizzard is nerfing these locations because of those reports. Has anyone considered that the "prime spots" may randomly move by the hour or day,intentionally?? I mean that would make more sense than a team of Blizzard employees trolling websites,blogs and forums to find out where hotspots are being found so they can nerf them. It's also something that could be written in the game's code,set in motion and forgotten about instead of constantly being manual changed and maintained. I just don't see Blizzard wasting time and money employing ""mote police""!!!!!!!

HAHAH!! MOTE Police!! ( ^^^^^^^^ ) -Agreed-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
started to far the mob now, and it looked u get one mote maybe every 15 kills or so, it wud be faster as a tank to collect these
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
looks like now if u pull at least 5+ of these mobs u get one mote
Reply Quote
88 Undead Mage
Where can I sing up for the Mote Police? To be honest, during the first few quests in MoP as horde I had the "feeling" that they were dropping left and right, got to 9 in no time. And then it dried up and the 10th took forever to get. Sigh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
if u think blizzard cares about mote farming enough to nerf specific mobs then u must be american.. paranoid android.

on a lighter note i got 13 spirits (yes spirits 130 motes) while farming for the brawlers invite in the ally base from any of those mobs. that was 2 days on and off so take it for what u will. gogo
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/07/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Carini
if u think blizzard cares about mote farming enough to nerf specific mobs then u must be american..

.....Except they already nerfed the turtles, which was the best place to farm them solo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
nope the Isle is a no go I spent the last hour their and didn't get one more got a lot of cloth but no motes drooped
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I think motes should be rolled on in the dungeons ranged very seldom gets to loot because of the range we are from the mobs make it fair roll on all motes
Reply Quote
88 Undead Mage
I think this discussion here might be a prime example of an interesting psychological effect regarding events that happen with only a small probability:

It's quite possible that any of the "hotspots" are just random outliers of the completely random drop-chance. But with enough players farming for motes, outliers are actually bound to happen. If you have 10000 players farming, chances are good that a one-in-tenthousand event happens. That player then considers themselves either very lucky, or thinks they have unlocked a secret :)

And that's also why, when they then go back to their "hotspot" after a while, it's not a hotspot anymore :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
What they need to do is make Spirits of Harmony 'bind to account'.
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Thejackal
What they need to do is make Spirits of Harmony 'bind to account'.

I agree, I've got a rogue that just farms, 1st character I created, not knowing any better but the motes and spirits of harmony just pile up, not usable. BOA would be a better option.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/11/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Shrugg
Exactly please make this atleast boa that way those toons we have that are gather only aren't just "sitting" on these pieces and taking up bag space. Pretty sad thinking of the possibility of deleting a stack of 20 Spirits of Harmony because you dont have bag space and need everything else. I know very improbable but still theres bound to have been people who have (cringes when I say this) deleted stackes of these because the do them no good.

Well that was just stupid considering you can buy things with spirit of harmony from a vendor that you could have possibly used or sold on AH like Golden lotus perhaps. They sold very well on my server!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Making them tradable would be nice.. making flasks is a pain in the but because getting golden lotuses the easiest way would be buying them from the vendor in the Vale.. I have yet to find a good farm spot for those... Farming motes is painfully slow.. Farming that purple Herb in Cata was faster than this >.<
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I think this discussion here might be a prime example of an interesting psychological effect regarding events that happen with only a small probability:

It's quite possible that any of the "hotspots" are just random outliers of the completely random drop-chance. But with enough players farming for motes, outliers are actually bound to happen. If you have 10000 players farming, chances are good that a one-in-tenthousand event happens. That player then considers themselves either very lucky, or thinks they have unlocked a secret :)

And that's also why, when they then go back to their "hotspot" after a while, it's not a hotspot anymore :)

stop it with this logic thing.. you'll scare people
Reply Quote
Great, now I have to farm... I use the AH so i dont have to farm.. and to top it off I have to farm on each of my characters cause there bop instead of BoA... Damn you blizzard. Fix this crap
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Of course they care about motes...its a money racket that depends on you coming back.. and its cheaper, faster and easier for them to make it harder instead of adding to the game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]