LFR Drop Rates

100 Worgen Hunter
10/23/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Dasffion

yes

if A occurs, does A occur? That never made logical sense to me.

Probably because that's not the actual philosophical question. The question is "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" It's something that really can't be proven since you'd have to have someone around to hear it to tell if it made a sound but then someone would be around to hear it. Circular logic.

You do know what sound is, right? There's nothing philisophical about it.
Reply Quote
First week of LFR I got not one, not two, but three pairs of pants off the first boss. I put in a bit of a troll ticket and the GM who responded is my hero.

"One thing you may want to consider is the fact that you no longer have to wear the same pants everyday. Gone are the days of wearing those same old stinky pantaloons. Now you can slip on a brand new pair each day which will give you the confidence to take on the day! I would advise against wearing them on your head, as this is not working as intended. " ~Game Master Skarzkogil

<3 you Skarzkogil
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Priest
10/23/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Notamonk
I have seen exactly 1 person win an item in LFR.

On my first lfr run I won 3 pieces of gear.. {◕ ◡ ◕}

Words cannot express my rage towards you {◕ ◡ ◕}
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Hunter
I've ran the LFR since the first week it came out. I've used every bonus roll on it since hitting 90 and collecting them which is 9.

I've won 3 pieces of loot out of 24 rolls. (15 boss attempts and 9 bonus rolls). a 12.5% win rate.

This seems like its a pretty low win rate but what is worse I do these and I have friends win an item on almost every boss...just kind of frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It's honestly getting very frustrating.

15 bosses dropped, bonus rolls used on all but one. That's 29 chances and just one item.

Terrible.

Honestly I used to only PvP. I thought this expac I'd give raiding a try again, since in Cata I had no interest. With PvP, I liked being able to know that if I worked hard enough I'd eventually get loot. In this LFR setup, I'm not so sure I'll ever see loot at the rate its going.

If it doesn't improve in another couple of weeks, I'm honestly going to start converting my valor back to conquest and stick to the part of the game I know I'm going to get good gear from.
Edited by Jackbag on 10/26/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/23/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Peverell
You do know what sound is, right? There's nothing philisophical about it.

Except there is; and apparently you don't have enough comprehension to expand your mind and understand the train of thought that should go along with a question like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

In the context of gaming, luck is rng attached to a reward value. Roulette, for example, is both an example of rng and luck, same goes for winning gear in this game.

And yet they aren't synonyms. Luck is the result, the generator causes the result. They're very, very different things, even if they're very related. "You are unlucky when you win rolls based on a RNG far less often than you should" isn't repetitive at all. "You are large when you are big" is stupidly repetitive. Do you get why?

Technically speaking, RNG isn't really a "random" number generator.
It's pseudo-random. A program will use some algorithm to come up with a totally mathematically related set of numbers and give each player one of those numbers. It's not really about luck. It's unavoidable, you're going to get the number you got simply based on the circumstances, such at time (most often used in these types of equations). It really is the RNG that has to be on your side.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
That's the interesting math.

Would you rather have a system that gives you loot 15% at a time, or a system where the item has its own drop rate (4%) then you have to satisfy some other metric to win it (RNG roll, master looter, etc) before you get the loot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Would you rather have a system that gives you loot 15% at a time, or a system where the item has its own drop rate (4%) then you have to satisfy some other metric to win it (RNG roll, master looter, etc) before you get the loot.

15%... I'm just not believing that.

15% means one out of 6 or 7 rolls, I should get something besides gold.

29 rolls, 1 item. That's 3%. Pretty terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

15%... I'm just not believing that.

15% means one out of 6 or 7 rolls, I should get something besides gold.

29 rolls, 1 item. That's 3%. Pretty terrible.

Average, not guaranteed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've got lots of lfr drops and my head off galleon....loving it! :)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Sofar, I've gotten 1 Will of the Emperor's caster mace, 1 ring, and on a second roll, I received a second mace. I'm sorta tempted to just troll people with the second mace, always saying that it dropped, linking it's enchant-less form in combat...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
10/23/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Ipsum
I have seen exactly 1 person win an item in LFR.

..Wat?

I've personally won:

Starshatter: 2
Plate DPS bracer: 2
Plate DPS Helmet: 1
Plate DPS legs: 1
Sigil of Strength: 4
STR DPS Neck: 1

Seems like you just have some pretty horrible luck. I've done LFR ever week since it's opened, I've never gotten at least once thing, even if it is a double (The bracers)
Edited by Kaioon on 10/27/2012 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
When I first had opportunity to run LFR there were 2 single pieces I won. Two. That's it. One run. Now, guessing 8-9 weeks later still yet to win a single roll on an item for a usable upgrade. Not one. Yes, I understand RNG but nothing for 8-9 weeks with NUMEROUS bosses is a complete joke of a system when I see others in guild have 7-8 pieces they are wearing themselves. In fact, know of one individual who won no lie 8 pieces in one day and I'm supposed to accept the fact that its fair and a better system? Have seen fellow guildies get 3 in a run. Another got 4 in a single run. No, I'm not expecting stuff to be just thrown into my bag daily. On the other hand really? I'm stuck with NOTHING for at least two months going on esp considering all the various LFRs avail and the numerous bosses for each one. I'm not buying it at all in any way shape nor form. To me that is CLEARLY not a better system. In fact, seems far worse and its not even close. Has my gear been significantly upgraded in two months since from LFR? Nada. Negative. Zilch. That is WITH using the "lucky charms" as well. The new system flat out su cks. It's horrible and needs to be scrapped. At least in the old system one might be mad for 10min feeling that someone "ninjad" an item from you yet in your heart you would know you would win an item the following week and not go 2 months without seeing anything in between. Well, at least I have seen all the bags of coin which goes to pay for all the repairs.
Edited by Tavernari on 11/30/2012 4:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I have had a crystal for a shaw weapon for over a month now and no shaw weapon . will you be able to continue with the epic quests if the shaw weapon never drops ? cause at this point i have my doubts
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Incoming QQ, but I really need to vent. I've done Empress 9 times now, used a token on her every time and still haven't gotten the sha-touched. Meaning I put 18 attempts without getting anything. Finally got the amount of wisdoms needed to move on to the next step of legendary. I'm far behind my all my friends (who fyi, are outgearing me on their alts) who always boast about the crap they get while I'm stuck left behind grinding to push myself further. I left in December for a month to give myself some time off due to how bitter I've been because of the drop chances in this game. I came back hoping for the best, but I'm still stuck in a rut getting jack or the things I don't want.

I apologize for hijacking your thread for the mere sake of venting, but I really needed to get that out and this was the first thread I saw relating to it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This is my first time posting on forums as I try not to complain. What is the loot drop rate for LFR? I have ran lfr 3 weeks now and I have not won anything. I dont run for VP as dailies and raiding more than make up for that.

I do run LFR so I may benifit from a piece of loot that may compliment my current gear and help progression with my guild.

I know its random rolls but to win nothing over this time is really bad luck. Its at a point to where I dont want to run them anymore.

"They have become frustratingly random that you stop enjoying the experience"

Myst.

LFR is supposed to be a separate progression path from real raiding, if you so choose. It's not intended to be used to fill in your normal-mode gear. Sure, you might get lucky and get something you can use, but that's not its purpose.

Gear needs to be at the drop rate it is because if it wasn't the content would expire far too quickly for who use it as their primary end-game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]