Nerf second wind for the love of god.

(Locked)

90 Orc Warrior
What people fail to understand is that second wind is literally the warriors only form of healing. The nerf to all healing in Battlegrounds and Arena is already causing warriors to gem resilience instead pvp power now. Victory rush only heals after a killing blow, which isn't exactly helpful for a dying warrior. They have no immunity spells such as ice block, bubble, or deterrence. Sure, die by the sword parries, but casters blast right through that. Even with avatar, heroic leap, and charge, casters still eat warriors despite their mobility. Warriors need second wind as a passive healing effect to stay alive, otherwise they would be squishy as all hell. I'm relatively well-geared, and because of the nerf to healing, a mages Mirror images has killed me when i was at 10% through second wind.
90 Human Warrior
Why would you necro this thread when there's at least 2 others on the front page?
90 Human Paladin
More Warrior whinng. LOL. Try being a Ret after all our damage and healing nerfs the last 2 seasons. An equally skilled Ret cannot beat and Warrior
90 Undead Warlock
Dont worry it was just nerfed read mmo-champion
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizzard listens.. Second Wind is nerfed from 3% HP to 2% HP regen... I am so glad I finished leveling my warrior today... While I agree its OP in PvP, its good to have second wind while leveling
Edited by Elantor on 12/21/2012 8:31 PM PST
90 Undead Warrior
I'm sure people have mentioned this is the 12 pages I didn't read through:

Pallies- You can beat them down to near death and have them bounce right back up to full health in seconds over and over again until their opponent is whittled down.

Mages- Ice cube themselves and come out shiny and new.

Several healing classes never run out of mana ( and one or two damage dealers could never deal enough damage to down them in the first place).

Rogues can go run off, heal, then reengage seemingly indefinitely.

Hunters have a nice big fat heal from dropping the pet that they can call back, and also have plenty of evasive skills...

Blood DK's can bring out the lawnchair and sip lemonade as a handful of enemies whack away feverishly at him/her.

Destros have damage diarrhea (Yeah I just coined that. Yeah, you can use it.)- it just doesn't stop coming out while they kite and CC the crap outta people...

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but also keep in mind: unlike several classes, to do any sort of damage the warrior has to be all up in someones grill. Not just melee range for a moment or two, they have to be on the target, which is quite tricky...and very very frustrating if fighting a good kiter. Humiliating even.

Let's run some fun numbers- I'll have somewhere around 400k Health in Furyspec. Sometimes more, sometimes less, 400's a nice round number. 35% of 400k health, as established in the forum earlier, is 140k (Which should be, and is, burstable within a few spells for most classes). 3% of 400k is 12k, so I get 12k heals a second. Baseline Resilience is 40%, but for the sake of being sure, lets use my resilience figure- 60%. That means that any amount of damage I take, it is merely 40% of what was dealt to me (Keep in mind that the figure dealt to me is the skills damage multiplied by PvP Power %. (It's commonly misconstrued that pvp power simply negates resilience. Not so...The damage goes from damage dealt from attacker, then is multiplied by the PvP Power %- That's total damage. THAT NUMBER is taken and multiplied by the damage recipients resilience- end damage received is given from that.) SO: Ieffectively get 30k a second from second wind with resilience factored in...BUT WAIT. That 30k required is the damage the attacker is doing WITH PvP Power factored in!... So lets say average joe attacker has 33% PvP Power (Way, way loose figure, mines at 45%) That means s/he he has to do between 22k/sec and 23k/sec to cancel out the warriors heals from second wind.

So let me ask you guys complaining about second wind. What part of breaking 23k/sec are you having trouble with? I'll concede that as fury I get a nice little self heal from Bloodthirst (Glyphed 7-8k with 4 sec cd, good luck hitting every 4 sec, 4k without glyph...so about 1-2k/sec added...) If you guys are trying to attack a protspec and its only you and/or one other person, shame on you.

Why not point the finger at any number of other factors, like, the fact warriors have other damage mitigation skills (on very long CDs), or, the attackers need to do what a lot of these warriors have done and read extensively into their class, then constantly seek out new ways to improve.

What I think is going on here is that some warriors with at least decent skill are going into BGs all decked out, flasks, pots, bandages, picking up the berserker powerups, then when they bump into joe casual, they pwn him in 3 seconds... Then joe casual comes on the forums and cries, without thinking that maybe he should also try using flasks, pots, constantly work on finding faster and better keybinds...ect... Look at BG performance vs RBG performance of warriors. This will confirm that thought.

After these things being said, still think warriors are OP? Roll one, try it yourself. IMO, it's tricky and I still suck at it after a long time playing.
Edited by Schwetties on 12/21/2012 9:00 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
lets end this thread for now. its getting nerfed.
90 Human Rogue
Nerf recuperate!
Looks like they didn't want warriors solo-ing old content. Either that or maybe they do balance for 1v1 after all.
90 Pandaren Monk
Looks like they didn't want warriors solo-ing old content. Either that or maybe they do balance for 1v1 after all.

Or maybe they didn't think getting 30% of your hp every 10 seconds with no counter was good gameplay or balanced?
12/22/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Lianshi

Or maybe they didn't think getting 30% of your hp every 10 seconds with no counter was good gameplay or balanced?

No I'm pretty sure they nerfed it for 1v1 and 2v2 because 3% heal does squat when you are focused in BGs or fighting bosses.
90 Human Warrior
12/22/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Lianshi

Nope, he was right, Blizzard doesn't want Warriors soloing old content.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/282568073192554496

@Ghostcrawler With 2nd wind going 3% ->2% , will it no longer be affected by battle fatigue?
@FlawlessLogic1 Potentially. We made the Second Wind nerf before the Battle Fatigue hotfix.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/282566605425238016

@Ghostcrawler @jcamps30 Anyway, Second Wind is far from OP in pve but allow us to solo old content. Don't nerf it outside of pvp, please. :(
@Elendel_ TBH, we think it was too good at soloing old content. Even old content should offer *some* challenge.

tl;dr: The hotfix was the PVP nerf, the new nerf is apparently linked to us having too easy of a time soloing old raids. I for one am eagerly awaiting Blood DK nerfs.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Hunters have a nice big fat heal from dropping the pet that they can call back, and also have plenty of evasive skills...

What? You don't mean spirit mend do you? It only heals for like 30 to 40k most of the time and getting out a new pet requires dismissal, and warriors can do far more than 40k damage within that time frame.

Mages- Ice cube themselves and come out shiny and new.

Maybe if there is a healer. But that isn't really what we are talking about here.
90 Undead Death Knight
BUMP
90 Human Warlock
Eleven more days, and it would have been a year since the last post.

A year.

One. Year.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]