630 Fishing - Still catching junk

90 Gnome Warrior
At 600 with the +30 Bone pole, I'm still getting about 30% junk in the river in Valley of Four Winds. Any input on what the limits for the various Panderia waters is set at?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
It's ok i have almost 800 fishing when i put on everything and i still catch junk all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Apparently they recently changed it so the most you can get from pole+items is +50. So it's use a lure, or stay home. Or catch junk, same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
yeah i had 730 fishing and i get junk
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/18/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Spald
I think Vale goes as high as 825 and Jade Forest is the lowest at like 650 (I'm probably off on the exact values). Without using a lure, be ready for a lot of junk in Pandaria. And if you're wanting Jewel Danio's, better start working on that Nat Pagle rep.

Nat Pagle's hat only means you don't need to buy Aquadynamic Fish Attractors (which are dirt cheap anyway). Otherwise, it's no better than the Weather-Beaten.

In any case, the Pandaren fishing charm makes fishing in open water for Jewel Daino (or, for that matter, any fish that aren't Carp/Quest fish) rather silly.

10/18/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Shalura
Apparently they recently changed it so the most you can get from pole+items is +50. So it's use a lure, or stay home. Or catch junk, same thing.

Unless it was in the last 15 minutes, no such change was made. However, gear can only get you to +70 anyway (hat +5, enchant gloves +5, boots +15, pole +40, line +5). With a lure (either hat or attractor) that gives you +220 - 5 points shy of the open water req. for the Vale. Theoretically you could use the spear to get over 825, but only 2 min every 5.

Note: I forgot the Lager, which gives another +10. So you can continuously maintain 825+ fishing skill for as long as you like (albeit with trivially expensive consumables).
Edited by Blucket on 10/18/2012 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]