Tanks top dps charts?

89 Human Paladin
So I was checking worlf of logs and the vaults...tanks are doing the top dps...every tank spec. Why is this??? Just wondering. I was on the website trying to figure out which class is doing top dps right now. Any opinions on this?
Reply Quote
I'm thinking vengence plus the amount of AoE in fights given blood dk's are easilly the best.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
Damage dealers not having a ton of gear, combined with vengeance. Tank damage likely won't scale as well with gear as damage dealers, so it'll probably not be as significant over time. Maybe it's a bit too high, hard to say.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I like tanks being high on dps meters for aoe. Then i can go all out and never worrie about aggro =0)
Reply Quote
75 Pandaren Monk
10/18/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Arros
So I was checking worlf of logs and the vaults...tanks are doing the top dps...every tank spec. Why is this??? Just wondering. I was on the website trying to figure out which class is doing top dps right now. Any opinions on this?

when you have 5 people in a group someone has to be top

then 2nd 3rd 4th 5th

its the way things are

Why does it matter ?

i bet you are the type who posts recount after every pull
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/18/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Brocaine
I like tanks being high on dps meters for aoe. Then i can go all out and never worrie about aggro =0)

The drones will QQ and build up the elitist attitude as a result sadly. "Fail DPS that can't do 3x more than tanks".
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Tanks are doing high DPS because of Vengeance. This will level out after a while as DPS start to gear up, but for now tanks are doing high damage so that in later tiers they will be able to hold aggro.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/18/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Mescyn
Tank damage likely won't scale as well with gear as damage dealers, so it'll probably not be as significant over time.

This sounds logical.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

I'm sorry but when Tanks are consistently better at damage than DPS then you begin to question why you should bring DPS in the first place.

Doesn't really work that way, since tanks without vengeance don't do much damage at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/18/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Qbrave
I'm thinking vengence plus the amount of AoE in fights given blood dk's are easilly the best.

DK`s could use a huge nerf

Because the recent 8% damage nerf to our 3 main abilities isnt enough.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/18/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Bromday
does it really matter if tank is doing top dps? its not like the raid can just replace every dps spec with tank specs, you can only have a few of those

You'd be surprised about how many people you regularly encounter that will speak out against anyone that isn't beating tanks (guild members AND randoms).
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It wasnt like this before the changes to Vengeance. Blizzard themselves said that DPS would begin to outscale tank damage as the expansion went on. Then they promptly nerfed tanks anyway and did precisely nothing to tank raid DPS when Vengeance is stacking to absurd levels. All it hurt was tanks trying to solo.

Typical Blizzard. Doesnt even surprise me at this point.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
In my raids the DPS are constantly walking all over the tanks, so I don't know what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Passive damage is best at the start of an expansion but it plateaus as gear improves. Tanks will fall further and further behind as DPS get better gear and start shelling out for the good enchants and gems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]