Greetings from Dalaran, Anvilmar-Alliance

100 Human Rogue
I am a senior representative of the Dalaran-Alliance guild Heart of Redemption. Dalaran was one of the original Vanilla servers. It is very old, and tired, and so its reservoir of raiders is as well. Heart of Redemption is looking into the prospects of leaving Dalaran as many other legitimate Dalaran raiding guilds have, and one of the servers we are looking at is Anvilmar.

I'll spend a little time here describing HoR's history, our philosophy, and the way we do things, but what I ultimately want you reading this to understand is that this post is a probe to see if there is interest in our arrival on your server. I've picked Anvilmar as a prospective server for us to move to because it is certainly newer than Dalaran but not in its infantile state. You've got people who have been raiding, who know the game, and who have developed ideas about what they want in a guild. People who have had bad experiences with 10man guilds and small-guild drama would be interested in HoR. People who have bounced around a few guilds but have not quite found one with a well-developed loot and raiding system would be interested in HoR. Even a smaller raiding guild struggling to fill its ranks for regular raiding may be interested as a whole in joining HoR and joining forces. I'll go into those things I mentioned I would go into now, please feel free to post any and all questions as replies here or visit our forums: heartofredemption.info/forum

Dalaran is an old server, and Heart of Redemption is an old guild. HoR was formed from three of the largest guilds on the server around the time that Molten Core was released, in order to form a solid and consistent 40man raid system. At the time, HoR had a leadership core of officers in the teens for counting, 17 I believe. There were two primary leaders, one of whom is still the Guild Leader, Slayerprime, while I run many of the day-to-day operations and lead the raids. That old council of 17 officers worked very hard to develop a fair, comprehensive, and yet easy to understand loot and raiding system that was air-tight, air-tight in the respect that favoritism, loot-haggling, and other such sources of drama could not arise, or at least would arise in considerably lesser amounts than they had in those previous 3 larger guilds that formed HoR when combined. This system worked fairly well, With HoR clearing MC, BWL, ZG 3 times per week, AQ20 2 times per week, AQ40 a few times before the first expansion, and getting a little ways into Naxx60.

In Burning Crusade, the guild changed a bit, as all guilds did. What on Earth was Blizzard thinking when they first injected 10man raids into the game as a staple loot-source when the previous content had been 40mans? HoR ended up running 3 10man Karazhan (SP?) raids right off the bat with much success, but it created a bit of unrest, as it did for many guilds. HoR lost some people, as was probably healthy and befitting progress as we had to move from 40mans to 10mans and then to 25mans. Throughout the expansion, HoR raided 25mans with great success, killing Illidan before the massive wave of nerfs that you may or may not remember, and getting 3 bosses into Sunwell before Wrath of the Lich King.

continued in comment ...
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Now, up until Wrath and well into Wrath, Dalaran was one of the top 20 US servers for progression. It was a thriving server. At some point in early Wrath, I remember sitting in the city Dalaran and seeing 5 different Qiraji Battle Tanks at once, standing around each other (the mount from opening AQ for one's server), the result of many guilds transferring to Dalaran. Somewhere along the line in Wrath, Dalaran began to suffer heavily as many servers did from the onset of the multiplication of 10man guilds. A 10man raid is easier to form, easier to mobilize, and easier to distribute loot therein, and so they are enticing and seductive as the Siren of lore. 10mans however breed injustice and ill-feelings. I despise 10mans, HoR despises 10mans, and throughout the course of Wrath, many of the server's great raiding guilds that had stood in stride with HoR since Vanilla WoW crumbled into fragmented 10mans guilds. We, however, continued running 25man raids, and by the end of Wrath, we were one of only 5 guilds on Dalaran-Alliance still running 25mans.

Cataclysm brought more of the same in this respect. Larger guilds continued to crumble into 10mans, and we began to lose people 1-by-1 as they were drawn into forming 10man guilds. HoR did not suffer any larger break-offs where a full 10man raid left the guild, but the gradual trickling of people over time did some damage. During Cataclysm, Dalaran experienced a mass exodus of its skilled and experienced raiders, server transferring to other realms. By the end of Cataclysm in Dragon Soul, HoR was one of only 2 25man guilds, and in the last 2 months we even could not field a 25man raid. We did in the end clear all the heroic content of the expansion. That is how we do.

In Mists of Pandaria, we had hoped to see a return of many players to Dalaran and a return of players who had canceled their accounts, but it seems MoP has only brought a further exodus of people leaving the server. At the beginning of each expansion, HoR takes a one month break from our official raiding cycle for people to adjust to changes to their classes and all that the new expansion has to offer. That month is over this week, next week being when we should be starting up our 25man raid cycle. We do not have a raid-ready core of 25 people, in spite of aggressive recruitment on Dalaran and elsewhere. We need a new server, because we refuse to go an entire expansion in the 10man modus.

HoR is looking for a server where we can replant our strong roots. We are looking for people who would enjoy being in a large raiding guild, with a website and well-defined loot and raiding system. We do quite a bit more than raids too: RBGs, old raid runs, we work to get people their meta achievement mounts, old and new, with multiple teams having gotten the MoP 5man meta drake already, and we do lots of stupid !@#$ in the name of fun. We are fair, we are experienced, and we get the %^-* done. We're looking to return to our glory days on a new server. Again, please reply with any questions or comments. This post is intended as a probe to see if anyone even gives a !@#$ that we may be looking at Anvilmar.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I apologize for the TL;DR nature of this post.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
If there are enough interested individuals, or a guild leader, I am willing to host a live Q&A session on our vent server (can hold 80 people).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Optimis is right to an extent, I have been playing this server since a few weeks before WoTLKs launch, this sever is 50/50 with skilled players, you have guys that go through heroics hardcore like <Voracity><Affirmative Action> and some other, then you have casual guilds like <Leggomyally><The Dark Council><Mystic Lawn Gnomes><Heavens Elite Council>.

Other then those and some others, the other sum of people don't raid much and don't really know how to and this is from hearing it form the person themselves, if you can find the right people you will do very well, if you can't, then you will become bored.

Based on what your looking to do in raids, your best bet based off what I know of the other guilds is <Voracity> or <Affirmative Action>.

However if you wish to speak with me more about this server so I can help match you with what you need I am happy to speak with you on vent, yours or mine. I sent you a in-game mail from a toon on Dalaran.

Either way, best of luck on finding a new server!
Edited by Cybrok on 10/19/2012 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yea, those two are two of the worst players on this server. Don't listen to them about anything.

As for Anvilmar...who knows. We're a medium populated server, but it's true there aren't many successful raiding guilds here. Even those 'successful' guilds are pretty casual in nature when it comes to hours spent raiding.

I think it's possible there's room here for a 25 man raiding guild if that guild were serious and dedicated enough to get their name out there to the server. Currently there's only one 25 man raiding guild...it would be interesting to see more of them.

Looking at your achievements your raiding 'progression' is pretty slow, even for Anvilmar, it looks like you're consistently a tier behind. If your guild were to shoot for at least current progression I'm sure you'd be able to find people willing to join.
Reply Quote
Wow Patrix, we dont need your crap, Im not the worst on the server, I went 5/8 in H DS in cata, there are plently of people that struggled to get normal cleared, those are the bads.

But you are right about room for a 25 man guild.
Reply Quote
Wow Patrix, we dont need your crap, Im not the worst on the server, I went 5/8 in H DS in cata, there are plently of people that struggled to get normal cleared, those are the bads.

1) It's not crap if it's the truth.
2) You were carried by members of Affirmative Action/Voracity to 5/8 HM during the 35% nerf.
3) Anyone who wasn't completely brain dead was at least 6/8 HM by the 35% nerf, because DS was a huge joke.
4) If I recall correctly, you performed terribly either way.
5) Bragging about DS is like bragging that you know how spec your talent tree correctly. No one gives a !@#$, because it's so easy and obvious.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
@OP

Anvilmar is NOT what you are looking for. We have 3 strong guilds, a handful of decent ones, and a whole mess of complete garbage ones. You're better off going to somewhere like Lightbringer or Kel'Thuzad, where they have LOTS of mediocre guilds. Just basing it off your past raid experience, a pretty casual guild is what you're looking for, and Anvilmar guilds just wouldn't suit you, IMO.

Optimis is right to an extent, I have been playing this server since a few weeks before WoTLKs launch, this sever is 50/50 with skilled players, you have guys that go through heroics hardcore like <Voracity><Affirmative Action> and some other, then you have casual guilds like <Leggomyally><The Dark Council><Mystic Lawn Gnomes><Heavens Elite Council>.

Other then those and some others, the other sum of people don't raid much and don't really know how to and this is from hearing it form the person themselves, if you can find the right people you will do very well, if you can't, then you will become bored.

Based on what your looking to do in raids, your best bet based off what I know of the other guilds is <Voracity> or <Affirmative Action>.

However if you wish to speak with me more about this server so I can help match you with what you need I am happy to speak with you on vent, yours or mine. I sent you a in-game mail from a toon on Dalaran.

Either way, best of luck on finding a new server!

First off, this server is NOT 50/50 with good players. About 5% of the player base, IE Voracity/Roshambo/AA are actually considered "good". 1/6 reg does not, in fact, make you a good player. The guilds you listed, including The Dark Council, and Leggomyally, are NOTORIOUS for being absolute garbage, and are not expected to clear regular modes until 20%+ nerfs are out.

Anvilmar is a poor server, let's face it. When only 3 guilds have actually cleared MGV, and 8+ are !@#$ blocked by Gara'jal reg....that is sad.

But you are right about room for a 25 man guild.

DS was one of the most pathetic raids in the game, and anyone who uses that as a yardstick of skill should be shot. It got nerfed to 35% at the end, you would have to be severely stupid to not have gone 6/8H by the end (this applies to everyone, not you in particular).

How many people had a Sinestra kill on our server? H Rag? Once again, it was very rare to see these kills outside of our top 3 guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/20/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Badglad
How many people had a Sinestra kill on our server? H Rag? Once again, it was very rare to see these kills outside of our top 3 guilds.

Proof right here that bad players could get it
Reply Quote
This is the hate/trolling you get in Anvilmar Vordune, pick another server
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Also, you aren't a bad guild despite what the other posters are implying. I wouldn't recommend Anvilmar because, like Dalaran, the population here seems to be dwindling. But more people would always be welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
lolcybrok.

WHO KNOWS BRO MAYBE THEY LIKE TROLLS AND HATERS. IMO condensing guilds from other servers onto this one would probably invite more people in.
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Wangz
Also, you aren't a bad guild despite what the other posters are implying. I wouldn't recommend Anvilmar because, like Dalaran, the population here seems to be dwindling. But more people would always be welcome.

I don't think anyone's implied anything here. Mainly voicing their opinions of how terrible Cybrok and his guild are. Nothing too subtle going on here.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
WHO KNOWS BRO MAYBE THEY LIKE TROLLS AND HATERS. IMO condensing guilds from other servers onto this one would probably invite more people in.

LOL.
In fact, I do like these replies, all of them, interest is interest, and trolling is merely a sign of people who care about their server, one way or the other. I am currently in the works of speaking with 2 10man guild leaders from your server. A consolidation of those two into HoR, if successful, would return us to our days of early Wrath where we were clearing Naxx25 and 3 drakes OS twice per week.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/19/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Patrix
Looking at your achievements your raiding 'progression' is pretty slow, even for Anvilmar, it looks like you're consistently a tier behind. If your guild were to shoot for at least current progression I'm sure you'd be able to find people willing to join.

It is true that we are not a top-tier guild. Even in the best of scenarios, we would likely not be in the top 2 guilds on your server. We are a semi-casual raiding guild. Most of our members are out of college and have jobs and families, but still want to raid in a competitive environment. With only 3 official raid nights per week, each for only 2.5 hrs, we have managed to clear all heroic content in previous expansions. Our goal has never nor will ever be for server firsts of the raiding variety, although we have taken several of the non-raiding variety in MoP. Our goal is to just get the !@#$ done before its embarrassing to have gotten it done, and to get it done for as many of our people as possible while not sinking so much time into it that our loved ones don't recognize our bearded faces.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Come on in imo, i certainly wouldn't mind it!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/20/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Badglad
Anvilmar is a poor server, let's face it. When only 3 guilds have actually cleared MGV, and 8+ are !@#$ blocked by Gara'jal reg....that is sad.

Only one guild on Dalaran has cleared MGV. Depressing, really. I suspect we would be around the 4-5/6 range at this point while looking at the difficulties of the bosses relative to previous first-tiers. However, not one but TWO of our core healers have had fresh new babies in the weeks surrounding MoP's launch, and so we've been kind of choked to have stable healing, getting us for now stuck at 2/6.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Gotta stop knocking up your raiders Vordune..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]