Rare spawn scritch resets too easily

90 Night Elf Mage
I have come across Scritch several times now, about 5 or 6 times now. I have gotten about 20 attempts in on him, and managed to only kill him once.

The problem is he goes bananas and then he resets because he got too far from this stupid cubby hole.

Ive probably done enough damage to equal 10-15 kills. Please fix him- its hard enough to kill him on a pvp server, I dont want to spend 5 minutes holding my breath hoping nobody comes by..... or get him down to 25k only to have him reset on me...... again.

By the 3rd attempt or so each rare spawn, im generally too upset and twitchy to avoid the banana and then the horde come on by for something that should have been dead minutes ago.
Edited by Dakall on 10/22/2012 1:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't know mages well but what I do is I send my pet into the hole and have him tank the guy since he doesn't or hasn't jumped out of the hole while going bananas and I just sit outside of the hole and just dps as normal. I am also on a pvp realm and lucky haven't been killed yet. I rarely see him up in my realm.
I know this probably doesn't help much but I thought I could at least try.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This could be a bug with Hozen rares in general.

I had this happen once with Spriggin in Krasarang Wilds yesterday. He used Going Bananas and I avoided his jumps but didn't attack him. He eventually got too far away from his spawn location and reset.
Edited by Pythus on 10/22/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't know mages well but what I do is I send my pet into the hole and have him tank the guy since he doesn't or hasn't jumped out of the hole while going bananas and I just sit outside of the hole and just dps as normal. I am also on a pvp realm and lucky haven't been killed yet. I rarely see him up in my realm.
I know this probably doesn't help much but I thought I could at least try.
Sorry, I should mention I only play my druid now. She's a tank/feral. I try both but I never have enough dps to get him down it seems. Mostly because I don't have anything with haste on it. Tanking him in the hole usually results in getting hit with the banana. So I do have to leave the hole. I tried using about 3 luckydos too and he still reset!

Pythus, how far away did he get!? Scritch doesnt get very far at all
Edited by Eillesa on 10/22/2012 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
If you have any stuns, save them for when he starts going bananas.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
blah wrong thread
Edited by Dakall on 10/22/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
duskwood server 6:35 pm. just got him and no pipe :( did not reset at all was a pretty easy kill actually.
Edited by Fredmaister on 1/26/2013 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
They've made a couple hotfixes to the rare hozen since this thread was made. That's why you generally don't want to bring up several month old threads.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]