Little Lore Questions that bug you

90 Human Warrior
The Dwarves love a good brew. Why hasn't there been more interaction between them and the Pandaren?

What happened to the shards of Frostmourne?

Where is Turalyon?

Garrosh has been doing some pretty horrible things lately. What do the Mag'har orcs of Garadar think about this, and will they do anything about it?

What is being done to restore Magni Bronzebeard to flesh and bone?

Where was Grom Hellscream buried? Or was he cremated?

What has Tirion Fordring been up to lately?

The Pandaren are known for their "Shak'Tani Warblades," which are basically the panda equivalent of mystical katanas. Will we be able to use one of those? This katana I have right now is... very low poly.

Why is the reclaiming of Gnomeregan taking so long?

Everyone's using Ghost Iron, Trillium, and Living Steel lately. What happens to all that old Arcanite, Thorium, Adamantite, and other metals? Does it get turned into pipes and machinery?

What other "Little Lore Questions" do you have?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
In WC3 there was a "Kelani" Gemstone. Its text said that after they fell, the Quillboar pillaged their treasures.

WHO OR WHAT WERE THE KELANI?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/24/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Sarnoth
The Dwarves love a good brew. Why hasn't there been more interaction between them and the Pandaren?

Chen Stormstout helped start Brewfest and there's a lot of Dwarf/Pandaren interaction in Pearl of Pandaria

I seriously don't get why this is a question. The sword is broken. What makes you think the shards matter?

Where is Turalyon?

Space. The final frontier.

Garrosh has been doing some pretty horrible things lately. What do the Mag'har orcs of Garadar think about this, and will they do anything about it?

Many of Garrosh's commanders are Mag'har, such as Dranosh Saufang or Cromush. Considering that the Mag'har have only been part of the Horde for half a decade, I'd imagine Garrosh actually gives them favorable positions due to his own heritage.

What is being done to restore Magni Bronzebeard to flesh and bone?

What makes you think anything CAN be done?

Wasn't he incinerated?

What has Tirion Fordring been up to lately?

Running a !@#$%^- country

The Pandaren are known for their "Shak'Tani Warblades," which are basically the panda equivalent of mystical katanas. Will we be able to use one of those? This katana I have right now is... very low poly.

They have only appeared in the RPG and aren't canon. Besides, the Chinese government doesn't like when Japan and China are conflated.

Why is the reclaiming of Gnomeregan taking so long?

Same reason why no one lives in Pripyat

Everyone's using Ghost Iron, Trillium, and Living Steel lately. What happens to all that old Arcanite, Thorium, Adamantite, and other metals? Does it get turned into pipes and machinery?

Not EVERYONE is using it. Only elite mercenaries, IE, the players. Your average rank and file soldier probably uses regular metal like steel armor or swords.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Since the Kirin Tor and Explorer's League are both Alliance, and those two are the ones who have secured the Ulduar facilites, why don't we see more Titan tech being brought to the battlefield?

I mean for the love of God, there's a facility in the hands of the Alliance that can churn out batches of cloned Earthen, which Brann knows how to operate.

What's stopping them from overrunning the Horde with literally a limitless supply of soldiers?
Edited by Turagent on 10/24/2012 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Where is Kel'thuzad?

Who is Zul?

Why are Surkhan and Ghaliri still in Bambala and Fort Livingston when the Zandalari have are at war with both the Horde and Alliance?

Where is Hakkar the Soulflayer?
Edited by Gornur on 10/24/2012 10:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
OP, are you aware of what Metzen said regarding Turalyon at the MOP launch party?

I can't wait to find out what Bolvar is doing. I would love to see him come out of nowhere to aid us against the Legion. The image of Bolvar at the head of an army of wailing dead raising demonic corpses in battle just makes me tingle in the special places, whatever happens to dead demons in lore be damned.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I seriously don't get why this is a question. The sword is broken. What makes you think the shards matter?

Someone could try to repair it. There's no telling whether it would retain some or all of its magical properties after being reforged, but we know of at least one weapon that did (Felo'melorn).

At BlizzCon it was said that "someone smart" put the remnants of Frostmourne "somewhere safe".

http://www.wowpedia.org/Monument_to_Grom_Hellscream

The inscription on the monument begins with "Here lies Grommash Hellscream", so it's possible he was buried there... but orcs traditionally cremate their dead, and leaving the unguarded corpse of a great warrior in a demon-infested canyon wouldn't be the brightest of ideas.
Edited by Egrem on 10/24/2012 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Troll Rogue
10/24/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Gornur
Where is Kel'thuzad?

he's being held in some random urn somewhere in Northrend.

10/24/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Gornur
Who is Zul?

combine Chuck Norris, Ronald Reagan, and God into a troll. That's pretty much how The Zandalari see their new Furor.

10/24/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Turagent
Since the Kirin Tor and Explorer's League are both Alliance, and those two are the ones who have secured the Ulduar facilites, why don't we see more Titan tech being brought to the battlefield?

Alliance? having something better than the Horde? BLASPHEMY!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
What happened to Kezan after the Mount Kajaro erupted? surely the goblins of Undermine had some safety precaution for a VOLCANO!

... or not, I'd still like to know.

What's going on in Kul Tiras?

When are they going to make Wrathion and Anduin gay love interests. I totally ship that. You saw it here first.

Has Netherstorm collapsed into nothingness yet?

Remember that Neptulon guy?

Have the Dwarves considered rebuilding their damn and restoring the Loch of Loch Modan?

Is Menethil Harbour going to be fixed?

Arthas had a sister? SAY WAH!?

When is that big hole in Stormwind going to be covered with something, anything. I think a nice little Worgen town would be nice. I'll finally know where to go to kill some.

Is Orgrimmar still being rebuilt with the new Horde steel?

Is the Alliance ever going to fix and fortify the Thandol Spam and use it to block all efforts Sylvannas could make to march south?

What's going on in Ramkahen now that the Nefarist have been defeated.

Is no one concerned about who the next Elemental Lord of Air will be?

Where the hell did Magatha Grimtotem go?

Will Duskwood ever be freed of its taint and just be southern Elwynn Forest again?

Why hasn't the Alliance taken Moonbrook? I'm sure they could find some use for it...

Was Millhouse Manastorm's body ever recovered from the Stonecore?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/24/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Jonnyawesome
Where is Kel'thuzad?

he's being held in some random urn somewhere in Northrend.

Kel'Thuzad's soul would would have returned to his phylactery when his body was destroyed... but it only takes a matter of days for a disembodied lich to generate a new physical form.

He's probably just been laying low for the last few years. Time is of no consequence to a lich. Better to amass knowledge and power from behind the scenes than to draw needless attention to oneself.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Rogue
10/24/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Egrem
but it only takes a matter of days for a disembodied lich to generate a new physical form.

interesting...I still thought he was still stuck in his pylactery. Thanks for the headsup.

Now I sense a Naxxaramas 3.0 somewhere...or not. Never know with Blizzard, really
Reply Quote
42 Blood Elf Mage
Oni

I mean for the love of God, there's a facility in the hands of the Alliance that can churn out batches of cloned Earthen, which Brann knows how to operate.

I am sure that the Titan Guaridans would allow mortals abuse and use their machines for their wars. Why on Azeroth would Thorum or the others allow the Alliance retain hold of it? It's their home, the Alliance had better things to do than occupy an old god prison (like fighting the Lich King)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
What is Kul Tiras up to and why arent the involved in the war bettween the Horde and Alliance?

Will Duskwood ever being healed?

Is there ever going to be some special Worgen/Goblin hero?

Are the Gilneans and Goblins ever return to their homelands?

Will we ever find out what happened to Thassarian and Koltira?

Any chance Genn Greymane will actually take part in the war?

Where is Anduin Lothar buried?
Edited by Gollard on 10/25/2012 12:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm still wondering where the statue of Varian in front of the Keep came from.
Edited by Sternbridge on 10/25/2012 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The whole Dread Wastes and Mantid story confuses me. We've only been in Pandaria and unleashed the Sha for a few days... right? And Jade Forest makes it clear that corruption can happen pretty quickly... but Dread Wastes just feels like the whole zone has been completely corrupted along with the upper echelons of Mantid society. And the Mantid have started swarming and the Klaaxi have recognized a threat and decided to rebel. These feel like medium to long term events.

I guess blame it on the hive mind?
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
10/25/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Brynleif
These feel like medium to long term events.

They are long term events.

That's why there's a giant wall between the Mantid and the rest of Pandaria.
Reply Quote
The whole Dread Wastes and Mantid story confuses me. We've only been in Pandaria and unleashed the Sha for a few days... right? And Jade Forest makes it clear that corruption can happen pretty quickly... but Dread Wastes just feels like the whole zone has been completely corrupted along with the upper echelons of Mantid society. And the Mantid have started swarming and the Klaaxi have recognized a threat and decided to rebel. These feel like medium to long term events.

I guess blame it on the hive mind?

Taran Zhu was likely talking only about the other Sha. We don't really know. But it's been inferred that the Sha of Fear has been work for at least awhile. But not too long, as the Klaxxi are just starting to get the Paragons awoken and all that, and some of the Mantid you put the mask on in the Valley are confused as to why they've started to swarm.

So it's recent. But Sha have shown (Doubt) that they can corrupt areas extremely fast.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
All right, who unleashed the Sha of Many Questions again?
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Paladin
10/24/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Jonnyawesome
combine Chuck Norris, Ronald Reagan, and God into a troll.

I love this troll.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Rogue
10/24/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Lorelaî
Why hasn't the Alliance taken Moonbrook? I'm sure they could find some use for it...

Oh sure. We'll make a giant settlement for all the Stormwind Refugees right above a 5-man instance controlled by the Mob of WoW.

I think the Alliance could find a better use for that money. since, you know, the get involved in a new war every 2 years.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]