Little Lore Questions that bug you

90 Human Monk
10/24/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Sarnoth
Garrosh has been doing some pretty horrible things lately. What do the Mag'har orcs of Garadar think about this, and will they do anything about it?

The ones captured by Ogres in TBC kept saying that a "hero would rise" in TBC. I assumed they were just talking about the player-character.

In hindsight, the writers were probably talking about Garrosh.

What is being done to restore Magni Bronzebeard to flesh and bone?

Uh, nothing? They had no idea he would turn to diamonds. How do they reverse it?

Where was Grom Hellscream buried? Or was he cremated?

Ashenvale. He has a grave site and everything, though the Burning Legion has claimed it because it's where Mannoroth fell.

What has Tirion Fordring been up to lately?

Training more Argent Crusade members.

Why is the reclaiming of Gnomeregan taking so long?

You can't hit radiation with a sword and expect favourable results.

Everyone's using Ghost Iron, Trillium, and Living Steel lately. What happens to all that old Arcanite, Thorium, Adamantite, and other metals? Does it get turned into pipes and machinery?

If heirlooms are any indication, those weapons get sold to young adventurers.
Edited by Draile on 10/25/2012 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Where is Turalyon?

In addition to this, where is Alleria?

And, Gnomes lore need revival.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/24/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Egrem

he's being held in some random urn somewhere in Northrend.

Kel'Thuzad's soul would would have returned to his phylactery when his body was destroyed... but it only takes a matter of days for a disembodied lich to generate a new physical form.

He's probably just been laying low for the last few years. Time is of no consequence to a lich. Better to amass knowledge and power from behind the scenes than to draw needless attention to oneself.

He's also in service to the Lich King. So long as Bolvar keeps the Scourge passive, so will KT remain as such.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
He's also in service to the Lich King. So long as Bolvar keeps the Scourge passive, so will KT remain as such.

Blizzard could write him to have broken free, if they want. Same way they did with Sylvanas.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/24/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Lorelaî
Has Netherstorm collapsed into nothingness yet?

Didnt we stop that process or something?

Why hasn't the Alliance taken Moonbrook? I'm sure they could find some use for it...

They have.

10/25/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Gollard
Is there ever going to be some special Worgen/Goblin hero?

Crowley and the Gob Squad need more screen time.
Reply Quote
Why there haven't been any emperors since Shaohao. He merged with the land so I guess they could consider him emperor/protector in perpetuity but that doesn't seem to be the feeling. It's like Pandarans just decided they didn't need a central government anymore after the Sundering.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Garrosh has been doing some pretty horrible things lately. What do the Mag'har orcs of Garadar think about this, and will they do anything about it?

Mag'har are some of his most avid supporters currently.

Because lolinstance
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/25/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Draile

The ones captured by Ogres in TBC kept saying that a "hero would rise" in TBC. I assumed they were just talking about the player-character.

In hindsight, the writers were probably talking about Garrosh.

What is being done to restore Magni Bronzebeard to flesh and bone?

Uh, nothing? They had no idea he would turn to diamonds. How do they reverse it?

Where was Grom Hellscream buried? Or was he cremated?

Ashenvale. He has a grave site and everything, though the Burning Legion has claimed it because it's where Mannoroth fell.

What has Tirion Fordring been up to lately?

Training more Argent Crusade members.

You can't hit radiation with a sword and expect favourable results.

Everyone's using Ghost Iron, Trillium, and Living Steel lately. What happens to all that old Arcanite, Thorium, Adamantite, and other metals? Does it get turned into pipes and machinery?

If heirlooms are any indication, those weapons get sold to young adventurers.

I think the selling point is more game mechanics

The name 'heirloom' implies that they're items passed down from our characters' parents and grandparents (i.e. older toons who used them first)

Though I don't take my rps that route, it implies that older characters are related to younger toons somehow
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/25/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Spellestra
Though I don't take my rps that route, it implies that older characters are related to younger toons somehow

Heirlooms don't necessarily have to be passed to someone of blood relation. Fearbreaker for instance was an heirloom that Magni passed onto Anduin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/25/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Draile

Blizzard could write him to have broken free, if they want. Same way they did with Sylvanas.

Bolvar had no prior experience as a necromancer. His control is likely limited to the hordes of mindless undead in Northrend. I imagine he's keeping them from running rampant, and preventing other necromancers from using them, but little else.

The more powerful undead creatures likely regained their free will when Arthas died. We've seen examples of intelligent undead pursuing their own agendas in the Plaguelands (Baroness Anastari, Instructor Chillheart, Ix'lar the Underlord, etc).

Not that it really matters in Kel'Thuzad's case: he's always been a free-willed lich. He served not because he was being forced to, but because he was loyal to the ideals of the Scourge.
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Jonnyawesome
combine Chuck Norris, Ronald Reagan, and God into a troll. That's pretty much how The Zandalari see their new Furor.

Zul is....King Bradley! Quick someone call Mustang, Scar, and the Elrics.

When are they going to make Wrathion and Anduin gay love interests. I totally ship that. You saw it here first.

Wouldn't that be bestiality? Dragons are beasts right?

Was Millhouse Manastorm's body ever recovered from the Stonecore?

Apparently he will be mists and has joined the Brawler's Guild. So the question how did he survive?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Has there ever been any mention aside from game mechanics of the gryphon being considered as the human's flying mount or has it always just been an Alliance thing? If you go back as far as the Second War I don't think they used gryphons at all, they just use everything on foot. Has there been any mention of humans using gryphons outside of when wow originally started or has it just been a game mechanic used for flight paths and flying mounts for the Alliance?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Apparently he will be mists and has joined the Brawler's Guild. So the question how did he survive?

... Now that I think about it, all we saw was him getting punted by a giant worm. I figure gnomes have an immunity to that the way Goblins seem to be immune to explosions
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/25/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Vynathlon
Has there ever been any mention aside from game mechanics of the gryphon being considered as the human's flying mount or has it always just been an Alliance thing? If you go back as far as the Second War I don't think they used gryphons at all, they just use everything on foot. Has there been any mention of humans using gryphons outside of when wow originally started or has it just been a game mechanic used for flight paths and flying mounts for the Alliance?

It was a dwarf thing. Dwarves are alliance.

Isn't SW's flight master a dwarf even?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
10/25/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Cártian

I think he's human, in fact i think most flight masters are human.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/25/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Vynathlon

I think he's human, in fact i think most flight masters are human.

There's a dwarf up there. Might be the mount trainer, not sure. I always took it as the Bronzebeards and Wildhammers taught them how to ride after the 2nd War.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
In the scenario in which every race gets its own flying mount, what do you think that humans should get if dwarves get gryphons?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/25/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Gornur
Zul is....King Bradley!

That's Führer President King Bradley to you.

10/25/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Gornur
So the question how did he survive?

Slow Fall?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/25/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Vynathlon
In the scenario in which every race gets its own flying mount, what do you think that humans should get if dwarves get gryphons?

Pegasi
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Spellestra

Pegasi

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]