Little Lore Questions that bug you

100 Undead Death Knight
Req
Since we're already on the subject of minor lore questions I've got another question in mind. Since classic wow all ore has had some kind of lore significance in that in classic there was iron and normal metals which created classic weapons we've seen in warcraft 3, in Outland we saw Fel Iron which made sense because of the fel energy of the burning legion, in Northrend we saw Saronite when it was very close to Yogg Saron the entity that created the stuff, and then in cataclysm we have obsidian ore which is similar to what the black dragonflight had. With all this in mind, what significance does Ghost Iron ore have to be related to Pandaria? It's been a place of peace so not many wars would have started on it, or at least not as many as in the rest of Azeroth, and we haven't seen that many areas including ghosts on it either.
Reply Quote
Why are the Druids so revered?

How do Holy Light wielders react to the Sisterhood of Elune, and vice versa?

Women in night elf society made up the military, the religious sect, and were powerful sorceresses when they were around. What were the men doing, aside from a small number practising Druidism?

How well do inter-racial relationships work out? How common are they? Whom is commonly with whom in the Alliance?

Do half-night elves exist yet?

Is there any real tension between the high elves and the night elves within the Alliance?

I'd like to know the answers to these questions, too, if they can be answered at all.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Where the F is Magatha Grimtotem and when will her story be addressed again?

Did Algalon the Observer return to his Titan masters? One would think they would have ways of seeing his thoughts if he did and know that the Alpha Signal the received was false. Maybe that's a reason they will eventually return?

What's the story with Neptulon? Blizzard in their wisdom decided not to do the next instance for Abyssal Maw (one of many reasons I thought Cata was a failed expansion) and left that story arc wide open. Will we see him again when we take on Azshara assuming that ever happens?

Will we see Wrathion ever cross paths with the now mortal aspects like Alex? What then?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
When are they going to make Wrathion and Anduin gay love interests. I totally ship that. You saw it here first.

Wouldn't that be bestiality? Dragons are beasts right?

If Jaina and Kalec can be shipped, then I ship Wrathion and Anduin.
Edited by Lorelaî on 10/25/2012 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Egrem
That's Führer President King Bradley to you.

Your in league with Father aren't you?!

10/25/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Lorelaî
If Jaina and Kalec can be shipped, then I ship Wrathion and Anduin.

I forgot about them. Which is kind of odd in that Jaina is getting some love but there's been no word on Kalec.

10/25/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Dayclarion
Where the F is Magatha Grimtotem and when will her story be addressed again?

Better yet when can we kill her?

Will we see Wrathion ever cross paths with the now mortal aspects like Alex? What then?

That would be interesting to see.
Reply Quote
The thing in Tirisfal.

WHAT IS IT?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The thing in Tirisfal.

WHAT IS IT?!

I bet Elune made it, to scare her former children.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/25/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Cártian
Crowley and the Gob Squad need more screen time.

Missssssster Crowley!!!!!! Bum bum bum...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/25/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Thorm
Is there any real tension between the high elves and the night elves within the Alliance?

I think it might be fairly decent or they may atleast tolerate eachother. In Stonetalon a Horde quest has you kill a High Elf commanding Night Elf forces.

10/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Vynathlon
With the destruction of Theramore, virtually the entire Dustwallow Marsh has fallen under Horde control. With this in mind, there has been erected a massive graveyard of former Theramore personnel right outside the area. Why doesn't the Forsaken come in and raise all of those bodies as new Forsaken?

One of two things. They probably dont have the resources to send ships to Kalimdor because they are too busy trying to retake Gilneas and secure Lordaeron. And two even though Garrosh is getting crazy i think he still somewhat respects the dead or courage. In ToW a Northwatch soldier charges right at him all alone and gets crushed and garrosh nods at him basically respecting his courage. So he might just not allow them to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mal'Ganis. Promised we'd see him ICC. Never heard from him again. What's up?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/25/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Vynathlon
With all this in mind, what significance does Ghost Iron ore have to be related to Pandaria? It's been a place of peace so not many wars would have started on it, or at least not as many as in the rest of Azeroth, and we haven't seen that many areas including ghosts on it either.

It could be Sha-related. They're often referred to as "haunts", and you sometimes see them emerge from the earth while digging for archaeological fragments. Their presence may have affected the iron.

Did Algalon the Observer return to his Titan masters? One would think they would have ways of seeing his thoughts if he did and know that the Alpha Signal the received was false. Maybe that's a reason they will eventually return?

Algalon chose to remain in Ulduar.

"As shown in the World of Warcraft Special #1 comic, Algalon is currently monitoring the activities of the mortal races of Azeroth. His outlook on life and the titans' plans has been called into question, so he seeks to understand what makes Azeroth so different from the countless worlds he has observed before."
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Musubi

For the same reason various people promise they're gonna be the ones to take out Garrosh

Threats can be idle.

Just because Mal'ganis said he'd be back, doesn't necessarily mean he was able to. For all we know, his plans changes, and he's gonna get his revenge later. Or perhaps not at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/26/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Musubi

We did see Mal'Ganis in Icecrown...

From his WoWpedia page...

Recent discoveries have shown that this is not the case. Mal'Ganis is still alive — under the guise of Barean Westwind — and has taken over control of the Scarlet Onslaught, much like Balnazzar had done with the original Scarlet Crusade. He stood in seclusion in Onslaught Harbor until agents from the Knights of the Ebon Blade forced him to show his true identity and flee back to his homeworld. To this day, he is plotting his revenge against the traitorous Lich King. However, the Lich King (as Arthas) has been slain in lore by Tirion Fordring with the help of adventurers, so it remains to be seen how this affects Mal'ganis' plans, through it is possible while Argent Crusade and Knights of the Ebon Blade were planing to invade Icecrown Citadel, Mal'Ganis tried to attack the Lich King but he was killed.

Baron Westwind was the Old Man that stood and watched us kill Abbendis in Dragonblight.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Mal'Ganis
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
10/26/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Lorelaî
through it is possible while Argent Crusade and Knights of the Ebon Blade were planing to invade Icecrown Citadel, Mal'Ganis tried to attack the Lich King but he was killed.
pretty doubtful. Much like how elementals can only be killed in their elemental planes and killing them outside of their homes just returns them to their planes the same rule applies to Mal'Ganis. When he died the first time to Arthas, he merely returned to the Twisting Nether where he remained until he took control of the Scarlet Crusade from Tichondrius after he was defeated as well. So if he ever died from Arthas again he probably would have escaped to the Twisting Nether again.
Edited by Vynathlon on 10/26/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
is the standard 'backpack' really a backpack? or a satchel. and has the dimensions ever been stated?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Whatever happened to Vin, the little girl with the balloons?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54117

Is she all right? Did she float away to Kalimdor, or back to Outland??

PLEASE, BLIZZ. Bring her back in a new quest! I think I might have sent her floating away to certain death! :(
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
According to Lord Marrowgar he says this when you first meet him "This is the beginning AND the end, mortals. None may enter the master's sanctum!". Now the Lich King's lair is not really a sanctum, it's outside on a giant pillar of ice, with this in mind it seems like the Frozen Throne itself doesn't seem to qualify as a sanctum. What my question is, do you think that when Marrowgar said his master's sanctum he was referring to Lady Deathwhisper's area instead? I mean when you think about it the Frozen Throne doesn't match the description of a sanctum, and meanwhile you can't say he's referring to the whole of Icecrown Citadel because you're already in it, and then based on his wording it can't be the Lich King's area since that still goes on for miles. Perhaps he was raised by the Lich King but thought that Lady Deathwhisper was his master instead?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
What happened to Anduin when he was held by General Nazgrim and the Horde and how did he escape?
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Komei
What happened to Anduin when he was held by General Nazgrim and the Horde and how did he escape?

He was surrounded by guards and kept under constant watch since Nazgrim realized how valuable he would be. As to how he escaped I have no idea. Perhaps he Jedi-mind controlled everyone to leave him alone, like he did to that SI7 agent who tried to bring him home.

Wait I heard that Anduin is a quest give to both the Horde and Alliance in a later zone. So maybe we are under the influence mind control by Anduin there, which would explain why Alliance players don't try and bring him back home and why Horde players who want to capture Anduin can't.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Why the heck do Horde Druids not turn their barren lands into paradises since we grow trees in just about every other goddang zone for the Cenarion circle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]