The Story Behind Your Name(s)

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Simple enough title to this thread!

My hunter here is named after my cat, Samarrah.

I have one other toon that gets played, though not too recently....a Rogue named Daggerdoll. She was originally named Findingemo because I wanted something funny and punny..I then changed it to Daggerdoll after seeing someone in a bg whose name was Daggerdave. I just replaced "dave" with "doll" because I liked the juxtaposition between the two words "dagger" and "doll."

BONUS MATERIAL!! I race changed Sam here from Orc for belf solely for transmog!!! Yup...sad, but true. I miss my Orc but I have really come to embrace Sam as a belf. I really do like belfs a lot now :)

So what is the story behind your name(s)?
Edited by Samarrah on 10/18/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
There was a movie called The Prophecy II and Glenn Danzig played an angel for like a minute called Samayel. I just added an A because, well, whatever, it looked better. So yeah, I named my main after a bit part in a cheap direct-to-VHS movie starring Christopher Walken.

For my paladin, druid, and hunter (who's only level one but whatever), I named them after the Mournival, Horus Lupercal's advisory council from the Warhammer 40k Horus Heresy series: Garviel Loken (paladin), Torik Torgaddon, and Horus Aximand (Little Horus). I'm only missing Ezekyle Abaddon and I'll have all four as toons. My priest is also from Warhammer 40k, named after Lorgar Aurelian. Since he was the Primarch of the Word Bearers, it only seemed reasonable that if I had a toon named after him, it'd be a priest. I'd name more characters after the Legion/Chapter I actually played as when I did the table-top stuff (Dark Angels), but all the good ones are taken. I think.

My DK's name I actually got from SW:TOR's random name generator. Still the only toon with his name, though my monk's name I just changed the last letter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Magnum PI
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I read the name of an NPC in Star Ocean 2 incorrectly and just kinda went with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I pressed random. then changed an I to an O

Boom
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Because I am. As is everyone else, I was just able to get the name first. :)

Wnfakind - One of a kind (for those who were like "Uhhh... WTF does that even mean")
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Delicious Kief, nuff said.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Mines pretty obvious.

It's also 12 letters exactly, which at the time I thought was pretty legit. Sadly, some other bloke has the original name.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Street fighter 4 Ryu's 1 of 2 ultra combos the Metsu-hadokin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I've been going by "Omni" for years, starting with it being my floating name-tag in super smash bros, melee. The majority of my toons are named Omni-something. And I made him with intentions of being fire...so I was like hmm......omnifire....nah....omniflame...gay..... armadeggon usually brings images of fire and death and destruction.....Omni....geddon. Done!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pGGPd3CgOU

That pretty much explains it. Except the original spelling was taken, so I improvised
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Best G4 My Little Pony

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110314152018/mlpfanart/images/d/dd/Pinkie_Pie_dancing_to_Fluttershy_singing_her_Zecora_song.gif
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Made this toon as an alt just to !%%*%%## around and see what Chogall was like, so I didn't really care too much about the name. "Hmm, it's a female human, and it's a warrior...so...GIRLRAGE!"

I like it though. Although on rare occasions I've had people ask me if it's a reference to "that time of the month" or if I'm some forever alone guy that's raging cuz he can't get girls ha ha.

I always thought you had anger management issues.

:P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Made this toon as an alt just to !%%*%%## around and see what Chogall was like, so I didn't really care too much about the name. "Hmm, it's a female human, and it's a warrior...so...GIRLRAGE!"

I like it though. Although on rare occasions I've had people ask me if it's a reference to "that time of the month" or if I'm some forever alone guy that's raging cuz he can't get girls ha ha.

I always thought you had anger management issues.

:P

I always thought of it like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_siCm9pxY8
THATS MY PURSE..... girls raging =\

Also heeeyyyy there cutie (hey q t)
Edited by Heyqt on 10/19/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Tedd was taken. I was originally undead. And Undead Tedd is just about the coolest thing ever. Turns out I liked having regular names for toons so I soon had Murry, Geraldd, Lebronn, Jill, and if I could ever snag Adam I would in a heartbeat.

My other character name is Screwloose, which has been my handle since the early 90's.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
An Angel reached down from the heavens and whispered this into my ear...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]