[Mage] Mobility and L90 Talents

Blizzard used to be a lot better about communication, actually. They are a victim of their own success, the company got bigger, more bureaucratic, fat, dumb and happy. They're just not as nimble as they used to be. They don't know how to herd these 10 million cats they've got now.

We're never going to go back to the era where GC regularly discussed matters here (and this business of him using twitter isn't communication, it's communication theater, which merely gives the bare appearance of a discussion), but they could at least get some more community managers communicating on a regular basis. With all the classes, not just mages.
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/26/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Bubblee
and most likely mages as well

Which is sad. He decided to abandon his own class in favor of Warriors.

No wonder we got so nerfed recently.
90 Human Mage
[quote]
That wouldn't be the Warlock dev, would it? He announced on a MMO-Champ thread about a nerf to Chaos Bolt or something. If so, that would suck.

From what I've gathered the problem was that the warlock dev announce the Chaos Bolts nerf before it was officially announced. Adding to that he discussed and expressed warlocks reducing in pvp viability due to this nerf on a 3rd party public forum.

So message here is that, devs that try to do good and improve the game and represent it's players concerns are fired at the end of the day.
Edited by Bubblee on 10/26/2012 4:52 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
CFT
[quote]
That wouldn't be the Warlock dev, would it? He announced on a MMO-Champ thread about a nerf to Chaos Bolt or something. If so, that would suck.

From what I've gathered the problem was that the warlock dev announce the Chaos Bolts nerf before it was officially announced. Adding to that he discussed and expressed warlocks reducing in pvp viability due to this nerf on a 3rd party public forum.

So message here is that, devs that try to do good and improve the game and represent it's players concerns are fired at the end of the day.

That's a shame. One dev finally decided to be awesome and they fire him.
90 Human Mage

And look at the state of the warlock class right now? Due to this mans action, many say the class has finally gotten fun to play
Edited by Bubblee on 10/26/2012 4:58 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
CFT

And look at the state of the warlock class right now? Due to this mans action, many say the class has finally gotten more fun to play

Minus haunt, it's near perfect. (Similar to minus our L90 abilities, we're near perfect)
Edited by Pewpewblast on 10/26/2012 4:59 AM PDT
[quote]

We don't know the details here and this is all speculation, but even if it went down like this, you can't have individual class designers violating NDAs and conducting an independent policy and trash talking coworkers. The company has to act in unison and with a single voice. Mind you, Blizz needs to communicate better than they do, and the fact that players latch on to these sorts of back channels demonstrates the problems with the present policy. This guy probably wasn't a hero at all, but starts looking pretty good to players who have nothing else to latch on to.
90 Human Mage
I honestly don't get this. How hard can it be? How many more re-iterations, how many more threads and how many more people do we have to get to contribute to this for them to know that, we're dead serious about mages not being fun to play with?

Why does this have to be so hard? We don't want damage buffs, we don't want buffs of any other sorts, we wouldn't mind being a little bit low on numbers and damage. We JUST want to HAVE FUN. Why is making something more fun again so damn hard? Why oh why...?
90 Human Mage
CFT

We don't know the details here and this is all speculation, but even if it went down like this, you can't have individual class designers violating NDAs and conducting an independent policy and trash talking coworkers. The company has to act in unison and with a single voice. Mind you, Blizz needs to communicate better than they do, and the fact that players latch on to these sorts of back channels demonstrates the problems with the present policy. This guy probably wasn't a hero at all, but starts looking pretty good to players who have nothing else to latch on to.

Oh if there was an NDA, then yeah, nvm on him being awesome. I was under the assumption it was just "hush hush" similar to what they're doing to Mages atm. Not a single word of this has escaped their mouths since they implemented them, almost like they thought we wouldn't realize how bad they are.

Also, yeah, the fact that we get more information from MMO-Champ (cuz it's next to impossible to find the patch notes/hotfixes here on their website), and forums is pretty ridiculous.

I honestly don't get this. How hard can it be? How many more re-iterations, how many more threads and how many more people do we have to get to contribute to this for them to know that, we're dead serious about mages not being fun to play with?

Why does this have to be so hard? We don't want damage buffs, we don't want buffs of any other sorts, we wouldn't mind being a little bit low on numbers and damage. We JUST want to HAVE FUN. Why is making something more fun again so damn hard? Why oh why...?

^

Have you SEEN Priest L90 talents? I'm actually loving them so much that I'm tempted to level my Priest from 85 to 90 just to play with them. Sadly, leveling has never been more boring. I still prefer classic Vanilla 1-60 than 85-90.

Also, twice they've gone back on their words. "Ranged should be penalized for Moving", except if you're a Warlock or Hunter (and somewhat a Shaman), and "Talents aren't meant to be damage buffs", except when it's made to allow Mages to pull competitive/viable DPS in the most boring possible way. (IW isn't boring, but it makes you unviable)
Edited by Pewpewblast on 10/26/2012 5:10 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
CFT
Blizzards way of fixing the huge population imbalance in pvp was to give humans EMFH.

It worked. Yes, It's wicked overpowered, (worse every tier with new trinkets) but the end result is a reduction in the 25 minute queues Horde had at the time.

This is how Blizzard sees things. This is how they work.
These talents are Blizzards way of thinning out the mage class. They want you to reroll.

There is simply no other explanation. I don't know anyone who finds them fun. I know plenty of people who use them because they don't have any choice if they want to compete.

You can't be serious...

We're penalized because too many of us play Mages?

That's funny. I thought Hunters were the #1 played class... I guess that's why they gave them 100% mobility too, huh?
Edited by Pewpewblast on 10/26/2012 5:12 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
Nanaya, since you play rogue have you read GC's recent tweet?

"@Ghostcrawler Rogues don't find your game and many are going to quit if they don't see good changes in 5.1. Stop telling us what we find fun"

"GC to @ESolett What if I tell you what I find fun and you tell me what you find fun & everyone stops trying to be the voice of the community? :)"

"@Ghostcrawler How about you just listen to your beta feedback and other feedback detailing why the changes made are bad."

I know twitter isn't meant to be an official channel communication but that kind of response, just proves that he doesn't care much about rogues and most likely mages as well doesn't it? I've heard that rogues are also unfun to play as well apparently?

that was me. I tweeted that. in response, I posted this:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6999249892?page=1
90 Human Mage
CFT
Nanaya, since you play rogue have you read GC's recent tweet?

"@Ghostcrawler Rogues don't find your game and many are going to quit if they don't see good changes in 5.1. Stop telling us what we find fun"

"GC to @ESolett What if I tell you what I find fun and you tell me what you find fun & everyone stops trying to be the voice of the community? :)"

"@Ghostcrawler How about you just listen to your beta feedback and other feedback detailing why the changes made are bad."

I know twitter isn't meant to be an official channel communication but that kind of response, just proves that he doesn't care much about rogues and most likely mages as well doesn't it? I've heard that rogues are also unfun to play as well apparently?

that was me. I tweeted that. in response, I posted this:

Just skimmed through it a bit. +Liked both your threads.

PS: Remove that censored cursing at the bottom of your second one. They will suspend you for that *victim of that twice*
90 Night Elf Rogue
Blizzards way of fixing the huge population imbalance in pvp was to give humans EMFH.

It worked. Yes, It's wicked overpowered, (worse every tier with new trinkets) but the end result is a reduction in the 25 minute queues Horde had at the time.

This is how Blizzard sees things. This is how they work.
These talents are Blizzards way of thinning out the mage class. They want you to reroll.

There is simply no other explanation. I don't know anyone who finds them fun. I know plenty of people who use them because they don't have any choice if they want to compete.

You can't be serious...

We're penalized because too many of us play Mages?

That's funny. I thought Hunters were the #1 played class... I guess that's why they gave them 100% mobility too, huh?

I wouldn't doubt it.

edit: remember how the rogue class was at the end of cata?
Edited by Nanaya on 10/26/2012 5:15 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
CFT
Posting the suggestions here just to free up OP space. I'm in the process of updating it right now to be a constructive thread rather than post my own suggestions.

- Invocation (Live): Reduces the cooldown of Evocation to 10 sec, but you passively regenerate 50% less mana. Completing an Evocation causes you to deal 25% increased spell damage for 40 sec.
|
- Invocation (Suggestion): Reduces the cooldown of Evocation to 10 sec and the cast time by 50%, but you passively regenerate 50% less mana. Completing an Evocation causes you to deal 20% increased spell damage for 30 sec. Also reduces the healing received from Glyph of Evocation to 30%, down from 60% (40% for Live Invocation).
|
Invocation (Alternative): Reduces the cooldown of Evocation to 10 sec, but you passively regenerate 50% less mana. Completing an Evocation causes you to deal 25% increased spell damage for 40 sec. Allows you to cast Evocation while moving. (Thanks to Seedee, post #134 for this one!)

- Rune of Power (Live): 1.5sec cast, 6sec cooldown. Places a Rune of Power on the ground, which lasts for 1 min. While standing in your own Rune of Power, your mana regeneration is increased by 100% and your spell damage is increased by 15%. Only 2 Runes of Power can be placed at one time.
|
- Rune of Power (Suggestion): Instant Cast (1.5sec cast), 6sec cooldown (no cooldown) [Either parentheses'd ones or the other]. Places a Rune of Power on the ground which lasts for 3 min. While standing in your own Rune of Power (which the radius is doubled, or increased by 1.5x of live), your mana regeneration is increased by 100% and your spell damage is increased by 15%. Only 2 Runes of Power can be placed at one time.

- Incanter's Ward (Live): Places a magical ward on you, absorbing up to "X" damage for 8 sec. Absorbed damage will restore up to 18% of your maximum mana. When this effect ends, you gain up to 30% increased spell damage for 15 sec, based on the absorption used. Passive: Increases spell damage by 6% and increases mana regeneration by 65%. This effect is deactivated while Incanter's Ward is on cooldown.
|
- Incanter's Ward (Suggested): Places a magical ward on you, absorbing up to "Y" damage for 8 sec (Y is half of X). Absorbed damage will restore up to 10% of your maximum mana. When this effect ends, you gain up to 20% increased spell damage for 15 sec, based on the absorption used. Passive: Increases spell damage by 6% and increases mana regeneration by 65%. This effect is not deactivated while Incanter's Ward is on cooldown.
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/26/2012 05:18 AMPosted by Pewpewblast
Posting the suggestions here just to free up OP space. I'm in the process of updating it right now to be a constructive thread rather than post my own suggestions.

it would be nice if I could somehow get the rogues to stop posting scattered suggestion posts. hell, I had to intentionally keep the beta feedback vague just to ensure I didn't get any hate. Not to say I didn't cover the issues.

But yeah, it would be super super cool to have a consolidated suggestion thread, where class members can post their ideas on what to change about a class or add to it - they wouldn't all be accepted, but they would be reviewed/considered.

huh, funny. Blizzard did something like that right before Wrath launched.

10/26/2012 05:14 AMPosted by Nanaya

yeah, but I don't think they were as many at the end of cata, while MoP was being made. also, BM kinda came out of nowhere.
Edited by Nanaya on 10/26/2012 6:27 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
CFT
OP has been updated. If there's anything you wish to add to it, feel free to post it here. Please remember to keep it constructive.
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/26/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Pewpewblast
OP has been updated. If there's anything you wish to add to it, feel free to post it here. Please remember to keep it constructive.

As I'm not a mage, I'm going to avoid making any suggestions which will impact how you play. I wish you the best of luck, and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread
Edited by Nanaya on 10/26/2012 6:28 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/26/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Nanaya

As I'm not a mage, I'm going to avoid making any suggestions which will impact how you play. I wish you the best of luck, and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread

I, and the rest of us, appreciate it. Good luck with Rogues, because that's something I DO want changed! (5.0 ruined my PvP Rogue. I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes before giving up :( )
90 Night Elf Rogue

I, and the rest of us, appreciate it. Good luck with Rogues, because that's something I DO want changed! (5.0 ruined my PvP Rogue. I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes before giving up :( )

just to clarify: the rogue issues aren't ones of viability. viability is certainly an issue, but many rogues simply don't find the class fun. problem sound familiar? hah.
Edited by Nanaya on 10/26/2012 7:03 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]