Is there a way to gear faster?

90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm a casual, like most of WoW is. I attend college, have a part time job, a girlfriend, that consumes a lot of my time. Which leads me to little gaming time. And WoW is not the only video game I play, I also own an Xbox 360 too. Which gives even less WoW time.

Now you must be thinking how less WoW do I really have. Well for most of you that have a lot of time in your hands probably took around a week to level from 85-90. For my situation it took MORE THAN THREE WEEKS to level from 85-90. And being in lvl 89 took me more then 1 day of game time.

Now if it takes me that long to level, imagine how long will it take me to gear up. So now I'm trying to find an alternative, faster way. So is their such a way that exists that requires NOT a lot of time.
Edited by Alueren on 10/21/2012 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I haven't been playing WoW too much lately, I don't if they're is a way to gear up faster.

Sorry for the pointless post.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Mage
If you have so little time to play, why do you need to be geared?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I haven't been playing WoW too much lately, I don't if they're is a way to gear up faster.

Guess it's back to the painful time-consuming dailies then...

10/21/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Åbigail

To raid??

To gank the crap out of Horde??
Edited by Alueren on 10/21/2012 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I was about to say that. If you don't have enough time to gear then what do you need the gear for? High end PvP and PvE require time commitments too so if you have no time to gear then what's the point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

This.
The quickest way is to run dungeons and LFR. Do dailies when/if you can but don't stress over them too much.

Also, the word you're looking for is "there".
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Warrior
10/21/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Alueren
To raid??

Raiding takes more time than gearing up does.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This.
The quickest way is to run dungeons and LFR. Do dailies when/if you can but don't stress over them too much.

You mean the quickest one is the one that makes me wait 2-3 hours for a dungeon??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you can't put the effort into gearing, why would you be able to raid?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Guess it's back to the painful time-consuming dailies then...

To raid??

To gank the crap out of Horde??

WoW's a time-consuming game. Any time I've wanted to give serious time to other stuff, I've just taken a break from WoW altogether.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/21/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Fluffshp
To raid??

I don't care about getting high end gear, I just want to know the story of the raid.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Mage
This.

You mean the quickest one is the one that makes me wait 2-3 hours for a dungeon??

How are you going to raid then? If you have to wait hours, then you don't have a good guild or raid group. That leaves you with LFR, and you don't need to spend a lot of time gearing for that. I don't see your problem other than you are impatient and not really interested in playing the game, only getting purple text on your gear.
Reply Quote
I'm a casual, like most of WoW is. I attend college, have a part time job, a girlfriend, that consumes a lot of my time. Which leads me to little gaming time. And WoW is not the only video game I play, I also own an Xbox 360 too. Which gives even less WoW time.

Now you must be thinking how less WoW do I really have. Well for most of you that have a lot of time in your hands probably took around a week to level from 85-90. For my situation it took MORE THAN THREE WEEKS to level from 85-90. And being in lvl 89 took me more then 1 day of game time.

Now if it takes me that long to level, imagine how long will it take me to gear up. So now I'm trying to find an alternative, faster way. So is their such a way that exists that requires NOT a lot of time.

You gear up the same way you always have, heroics.they give you all the gear you need. then thereis LFR once your ilvl increases. Though there will be the AH to buy crafteable epics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/21/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Alueren

I don't care about getting high end gear, I just want to know the story of the raid.

Then do LFR, all you need is heroic gear to do that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
10/21/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Alueren

Replace a bunch of those greens with ilvl 450 crafted gear. Shazzam! You're geared up, maybe even good enough to get into LFR.

Be sure to enchant/gem everything, including the belt.
Edited by Donella on 11/11/2012 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
run heroics
buy BoE's

after doing the above, eventually you'll have gear to run LFR and "see the story."
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Warrior
10/21/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Alueren

Pffffffft, the only content you want is the kind you should gem and enchant but don't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/21/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Mastin
And ganking... what does that even earn you? If you want to one-shot lowbies, you don't need gear for that.

The satisfaction and revenge for the torture they gave me when I was leveling. Also I need gear just in case if they bring their level 90 friends.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Then do LFR, all you need is heroic gear to do that.

But LFR doesn't have quest items for the legendary quest, and the mount.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]