Symbiosis

100 Night Elf Druid
Dumb question, and this might turn out to be the complete opposite of the right place to ask, but where do non-druids find their symbiosis spell?

My 2s partner doesn't seem to be able to locate it when I've casted it on him, and I just logged in to an 87 alt and couldn't see it anywhere in my spellbook.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hrm... It should be in their spellbook, under the name symbiosis. I actually don't have any other characters above 87 right now so I can't check. But my understanding is, it's called symbiosis, and it's unusable until a druid casts symbiosis on them, at which point it turns into the spell they've received.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I was playing my shaman last night with a guild group and our druid used symbiosis on our hunter. He found his spell actually listed under "dash" and not "symbiosis."
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/24/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Elinara
I was playing my shaman last night with a guild group and our druid used symbiosis on our hunter. He found his spell actually listed under "dash" and not "symbiosis."

Yeah. I think once you cast it on them it changes names. But if a non-druid does not have symbiosis on them yet, I believe it's just called Symbiosis in their spell book.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
10/24/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Eluial
Yeah. I think once you cast it on them it changes names. But if a non-druid does not have symbiosis on them yet, I believe it's just called Symbiosis in their spell book.

If that is the case, they should be able to drag the spell to their toolbar beforehand so they don't have to go searching for it. I do miss my spell school tabs glowing when I got new spells.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/24/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Jozie
If that is the case, they should be able to drag the spell to their toolbar beforehand so they don't have to go searching for it. I do miss my spell school tabs glowing when I got new spells.

I think you can. Again, really not sure. Just kind of going off of what I remember from blue posts about it. But yeah, I think that's the idea.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for the responses. I just took another look on my hunter and it didn't show up under his general tab, nor any of his different spec tabs. Maybe it only appears when you're grouped with a druid..?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here's what you do.

• Group with a druid
  • Go to spellbook and drag symbiosis to your hotkey bar
  • Symbi will then stay on that keybind until you remove it, even when you are not grouped with a druid
  • Symbi key will also change to whatever buff it is the druid gives your class after receiving symbi (healing touch for my mage)
  • Note that if you get symbiosis on you before finding the symbiosis key, it will change inside your spellbook to the new spell, so once you get it then you are set.

Remember that talents are in alphabetical order. ;p
    Edited by Saicy on 10/24/2012 2:37 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    Thanks Saicy — I'll see if I can get him to find it after we're grouped but before I cast anything on him.
    Reply Quote
    91 Night Elf Druid
    Thought I'd chime in: Pop Symbiosis, it shows up as a buff on both of you, hover over their buff, it should tell you which ability they got, and then you can tell them to look it up alphabetically in their spellbook. There are places where you can look up what class gets what, but I'm not likely to remember what get what unless I duo with those classes a lot, so I don't expect anyone else to. But because of the buff, it will always tell you what they received, and all you have to do is get them to hunt for it.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    When a druid casts it on you. You will see in the chat box "You have learned a new spell [Spell Name]" Then you find that spell in your spell book. It does not say Symbiosis.
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Druid
    Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing "You have learned a new spell" as part of the standard interface, either as the casting druid or on the receiving end.

If you see a whisper message, it's because they used an add-on (I use the addon called, amazingly enough, Symbiosis). I highly recommend that addon if you're a druid, it not only whispers your target, but pops up a list of group members, shows which ones have already had been buffed by other druids, shows which ability you'll get and which they'll get, and lets you cast it on someone or drop the buff easily. In the config it also shows you a full table of who gets/grants what.

You will NOT see Symbiosis in your spell book (as a non-druid), you will see the ability that was granted to you, in alphabetical order as usual. Once you drag that to your action bar, it WILL show up as either the ability or Symbiosis (with a helpful tool tip saying that it isn't available until a druid casts it on you), depending on if you currently have the buff on you.

You can also macro either /cast Dash (or whatever the ability is) OR /cast Symbiosis (which will cast it regardless of your class/spec). The druid can ALSO /cast Symbiosis to cast the gained ability, once they've cast it on someone, or /cast Clash or whatever the ability is.

So, I have a general macro that simply does /cast Symbiosis, I can drag that to my action bar on any character, druid or not, and it works without needing a druid to cast it on me once to be able to drag it from my spell book.

I do wish that the tool tip for non-druids when the buff isn't active would still show you what spell you'd receive, but indicate it's currently inactive. I don't know if a non-druid with the Symbiosis addon can see the section which shows the full list of spells (which DOES show the tool tip of each one).
    Edited by Growltiger on 2/6/2013 2:37 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]